Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

Because I speak the truth? What's the point of not giving a few of the young lads a chance when the seasons already done & dusted?

It's called fair play and not wanting to get beaten by the scousers.

But if you must know, Jose said he would play "a few kids who havent had many chances this season" - ie Loftus Cheek, Zouma, Cuadrado, in an interview he did just last night.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who said Jose never starts youngsters, this happened 8 years ago:

C_71_article_1006588_image_list_image_li

And we didn't even win the league back then! But tbf Fergie also started with some youngsters as well, can't remember why.

For those who said Jose never starts youngsters, this happened 8 years ago:

C_71_article_1006588_image_list_image_li

And we didn't even win the league back then! But tbf Fergie also started with some youngsters as well, can't remember why.

It was a long season and players were running out of steam. Both managers kinda agreed to play a second-string side especially with the FA Cup final not too far away from that match.

It was a long season and players were running out of steam. Both managers kinda agreed to play a second-string side especially with the FA Cup final not too far away from that match.

Yeah I just checked, it was Sinclair who started not Sahar. And United were already league champions.

But you can never say never.

----------Courtois
Iva - Zouma - Terry - Luis
--------Matic - RLC
Willian - Fabregas - Hazard
-----------Remy

Would like to see Cuadrado, but lets get the three points and not give away anything.

Ake & RLC. Two players that havent started a single league game for us this season. We win the league and they start the next game, convenient. If we were fighting for 4th and the league leaders did this against a team who was also fighting for 4th and they lost we would rightly be pissed.

We've earned the right to play whoever we want, the job is done. If Jose wants to start giving our youth a look in for next year I don't see a problem with it at all... What you don't want to see happen with our preferred XI is they take their foot off the gas and encounter an overly aggressive team and injuries occur.

These are squad player games, they have something to prove to the manager so they will have the right mentality.

Seems Oscar is unavailable for this one and beyond due to an injury picked up in training ahead of the Palace game, on the basis that it is being explained as the reason for his exclusion from Brazil's Copa America squad.

Just thinking about RLC chances of playing.. Oscar is out rest of the season and Ramires gonna miss this game I assume? This must mean he's closer.

Hope we see him in this game.

Because I speak the truth? What's the point of not giving a few of the young lads a chance when the seasons already done & dusted?

Whether they play 270 minutes or none in the next 3 game's it won't change their long term chances either way, Jose won't decide on whether they will make it or not on the back of 3 game's where the job is done.

If you don't believe me check out the youth player's that featured after we won the league in 2005 and 2006 or indeed who featured when we had nothing to play for in 2007.

However judging by those times a couple will feature in some capacity, if he brung on Jimmy Smith im sure RLC will be at worst afforded the same luxury at least once.

Whether they play 270 minutes or none in the next 3 game's it won't change their long term chances either way, Jose won't decide on whether they will make it or not on the back of 3 game's where the job is done.

If you don't believe me check out the youth player's that featured after we won the league in 2005 and 2006 or indeed who featured when we had nothing to play for in 2007.

However judging by those times a couple will feature in some capacity, if he brung on Jimmy Smith im sure RLC will be at worst afforded the same luxury at least once.

The youth players are more likely to feature against West Brom and Sunderland than Liverpool. Not expecting them to get game time on Sunday but I'll be disappointed if they didn't that against the other two sides, especially in the last home game.