BlueLyon

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he even start every game for Juve? They seem pretty stocked in midfield - Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Hernanes, Sturaro...

Seems like a similar situation for Matuidi as the one he'd be leaving at PSG. He'd be a rotation player just like at PSG.

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Will he even start every game for Juve? They seem pretty stocked in midfield - Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Hernanes, Sturaro...

Seems like a similar situation for Matuidi as the one he'd be leaving at PSG. He'd be a rotation player just like at PSG.

Juve will probably play Pjanic/Marchisio-Khedira-Matuidi

And with all the injuries Khedira and Marchisio get these days, he will play alot. 

Hernanes, Sturaro and Lemina are not in first plan anyway. 

Meanwhile Emery wants double pivot at psg and I think Verratti-Krychowiak will own that big part of season with Motta and Rabiot coming of bench.

7 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Simple, kante had a release clause. If he didn’t, he won't be here. 

Not so simple. Given that he had a release clause anyone could have signed him. They didn't - we did.

Last summer Everton did not want to sell stones so they didn't. This summer they accepted that they must sell him. Even so, it took until the eve of the season for a deal to be completed.

Thinking there is anything simple about this process is an error. In fact it reminds me of the famous quote about quantum physics which we've all heard; if you think you understand quantum physics, you don't understand quantum physics.

First Nainggolan and now Matuidi. He probably wasn't even interested in Chelsea, (not that I blame him),  but damn I hope Chelsea sign a complete B2B CM soon. Like, since lampard left. 

Vidal, Pogba, Nainggolan, Matuidi, Gundogan, all have swapped teams over the past 2 summers, and not one is in the chelsea blue. Still yet to have replaced (and not that it's easy), Lampard and Ballack. 

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not so simple. Given that he had a release clause anyone could have signed him. They didn't - we did.

Last summer Everton did not want to sell stones so they didn't. This summer they accepted that they must sell him. Even so, it took until the eve of the season for a deal to be completed.

Thinking there is anything simple about this process is an error. In fact it reminds me of the famous quote about quantum physics which we've all heard; if you think you understand quantum physics, you don't understand quantum physics.

I know Everton didn't want to sell last season, but if stones had a release clause last season, we would have gotten him. Just like costa. Players want to come but the people negotiating with the other Club's are poor at it.

The moment it has to do with convincing another team to sell their KEY player without a clause it is beginning to look like we don't know how to negotiate from that perspective as things stand. But Manchester clubs easily get it done by throwing too much money to refuse (even bravo, a starting GK for Barcelona can leave to mancity)

That is the Manchester clubs style, I'm not suggesting we should break world record bids but I'll highlight a little problem we have in negotiations. While we were struggling to get nainggolan from Roma, Juventus swoops in and gets pjanic from a direct rival, we started going for Koulibaly for a while and Juventus swoops in and gets Higuain from the same clubs that supposedly don't want to sell their players, while we struggle. Something is not quite right imo.

I think we actually piss off teams with very low starting bids but this is another topic. But the truth is these days, if you want to convince a big team to sell a player to you, you have to put an offer they can't refuse instead of pissing them off with low starting bids and coming up with the money later when they've changed their minds to sell. 

Thankfully we got batshuayi after other smaller clubs had agreed a deal so we bid a little higher and got him like willian. But I had this feeling if we started to bid it could have turned out differently. 

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That's a really good price for him.

Of course if we had gone in, the 22 million would have been 30 million.

I would pay without thinking twice. Fantastic technique, super fast, compact player.. We have Matic. Slow, boring, huge heart, useless in attack, taller than 99% players in PL, solid technique..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You