Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Jose and Fabregas have said that we will put our strongest line up for this match, I don't want to 100% believe it. Could be some mind games comments that, Jose could said whatever he want. Realistically, we need rotation, and if people believe we will rotate some in PL matches, I don't see why we wouldn't do it in cup games.

Why should we rest too many players? The players have a six-day break between this and Stoke away.

Cech

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Terry - Luis

Matic - Rambo/Fabregas

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Drogba

Diego, Remy, Salah, Willian, Ramires, Branislav and Thibaut on the bench in case things go to pot.

Derby were extremely poor against Middlesbrough on Saturday so they will be looking for an instant reply on Tuesday.

They normally play with quite a dynamic system, with a lot of late runs from midfield by the likes of Bryson and Hendrick. They lack creativity whenever Will Hughes plays though, but when he does they are usually more susceptible to being caught on the counter-attack. One thing Boro did brilliantly yesterday was press Derby's back four. They like to play football, and pass it out from the back, but their four defenders are fucking awful on the ball and panic whenever they're closed down (remind anyone of a certain Englishman?). The best thing we can do is play someone who will occupy their centre-backs with two hard-working midfield players. I wouldn't be surprised if Schurrle, Ramires, Matic and Oscar all started.

Everyone has Luis in their XI but I'm not sure he will be available. His knee was apparently bruised pretty badly after the match yesterday from Huddlestone's stomp.

Jose confirmed that Zouma will start and I think we might see Schurrle for Willian but I am certain that Hazard will start. He was rested for Sporting and the whole team has two days off after Derby, so we need not worry about recovery.

Not going to happen but this would be great:

Cech

Azpi - Zouma - Terry - Luis (if fit)

Matic - Ake

RLC

Boga - Remy - Hazard

The combination of both the lack of chemistry and experience of that front line would make it a disaster, far from 'great'.

Remy

Hazard Cesc Schurrle

Matic Ake

Luis Azpi

Terry Zouma

Cech

C'mon Jose! I really wanna see Ake (or Loftus-Cheek) start! The team would still be far superior to the Derby's so there shouldn't be any risk, right? Going forward, Ake also has much better passing abilities compared to Ramires or Mikel, and he is solid defensively as well. Hope not to see Willian since he was awful yesterday, and giving rest to Oscar would seem like a good idea to me because besides Cesc we don't really have any back-up for him.

Ivanovic is an interesting case as breaks or rest really seem to impact his play in a positive way. He always starts the year strong after long summer, and yesterday he had one of his finest games of the season after been given a little rest. Therefore, he should be saved against the tough match against Stoke. Remy has not started a game all season, so it's about time for that as well.

The combination of both the lack of chemistry and experience of that front line would make it a disaster, far from 'great'.

We're not playing a world class team here, don't think it would be wrong to experiment and give some individuals chances providing we have a solid base behind them.

We don't definitely need exceptional experience against Derby, I would trust the quality of the players (RLC and Boga) and the general experience of the senior attacking players (Hazard and Remy, even if they haven't played too many times together - how else will they build that chemistry?) to see us through against Derby.

Like I said, it won't happen, but it would be great IMO to give the likes of Boga, RLC and Ake some first team action.

We're not playing a world class team here, don't think it would be wrong to experiment and give some individuals chances providing we have a solid base behind them.

We don't definitely need exceptional experience against Derby, I would trust the quality of the players (RLC and Boga) and the general experience of the senior attacking players (Hazard and Remy, even if they haven't played too many times together - how else will they build that chemistry?) to see us through against Derby.

Like I said, it won't happen, but it would be great IMO to give the likes of Boga, RLC and Ake some first team action.

I agree that it won't happen. We know Cahill is out and Cesc is in. Beyond these, I hope Remy will start and there might be a toss up between Willian & Schurle but, other than that, I can see Jose going first choice wherever possible.

True, we're not playing a world class team, and I do not doubt the youngsters skill, but what you're suggesting is to play 'boys' against 'men'.

The smallest/youngest/most inexperienced player on a pitch will always be exploited in some form or another. If they don't do it tactically, they will certainly do it physically and proceed to kick 7 shades of s**t out of whoever it may be. It will be loud (Derby have the best attendance in the Championship), it will be physical and it will most definitely be hostile; certainly not an environment young players like Bogo & RLC are used to. It may as well be different worlds to them and, because of that, there would be a good chance of shellshock.

I was angry at José for not giving RLC enough time in a nothing home game in Europe where you can't get away with being overly physical, but suggesting such a youthful combination AWAY to a championship team who have everything to play for is, I'm sorry, a bit arrogant and kind of bordering on insanity.

Careful guys, don't want a Sunderland now do we.

I would still go with

Cech

Iva Zouma Cahill Luis

ELC Ramires Matic

Salah Remy Schurrle

Maybe Hazard or Fabregas instead of Ramires for creativity, but it is just against Derby it won't be absolutely necessary.