Loïc Rémy

SeB

You expect him to be used in that fashion?

Yeap.

Costa cant start every game and Remy is a better option than Drogba. Chelsea made Torres play as a holdup player, wanted Lukaku to be a holdup striker, Ba and Eto.

So what do you offer as an alternative????!!!

City have all those strikers and broke the FFP, its not something I want to see happen here at Chelsea regardless of who isn't abiding by it. They broke the rules and only won the title by 2pts... that says something to me, that they have GROSSLY overspent.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people use one person as an example to explain why someone else can fail. Demba Ba was actually a pretty good striker for us, scored key goals despite not getting a lot of game time. I still wouldn't have minded having him at the club this year, just because he moved on doesn't mean he wasn't very good he probably wanted to be the no.1 guy again. Remy is a completely different striker who's pace and technique gives us something we don't have.

City don't care about cheap, but they should! Because the rules require that they DO! THE RULES! Listen man if you really want Chelsea to follow the example set out by City I don't have much more to say to you, I don't want to see guys we've spent 25m on sitting on the bench for 5-10 games at a time. Its a ridiculous amount of money to pay for an insurance policy... "Oh wait guys JUST IN CASE Costa gets injured, we need to go buy another striker of equal value so we don't miss out on trophies!!" That doesn't sound silly to you?

Its a fantastic buy because the club went out and got exactly what we need without breaking the bank to get it. The enthusiasm stems from the fact that the club have clearly identified the problems that existed last year and addressed them with incredible precision. We play a one striker system, in a perfect world Costa will play 45 odd games how much do you think would be a worthy investment/insurance policy for 15 games or so?

Have nothing to say about your rant on City, Rules, and people who compare one play with another?! :)

Cheaper signings are riskier by definition... that's how the market works.

No it doesn't sound silly to me at all because like I said, in my very personal opinion, all other top clubs in England have better options to replace their lead striker. Our lead striker is as good as anyone's, but not our subs.

Yeap.

Costa cant start every game and Remy is a better option than Drogba. Chelsea made Torres play as a holdup player, wanted Lukaku to be a holdup striker, Ba and Eto.

our main striker needs to be able to hold up the ball, thats not true for our secondary striker... Eto'o is who Remy is replacing.

No it doesn't sound silly to me at all because like I said, in my very personal opinion, all other top clubs in England have better options to replace their lead striker. Our lead striker is as good as anyone's, but not our subs.

The fact that through this entire exchange you haven't once mentioned who you think would've been a better buy speaks volumes to me.

You may be somewhat... actually no. But at any rate, Chelsea have built the most complete, balanced squad in the Prem. Most of the teams I think you are looking at play a two striker system, not one.

The fact that through this entire exchange you haven't once mentioned who you think would've been a better buy speaks volumes to me.

You may be somewhat... actually no. But at any rate, Chelsea have built the most complete, balanced squad in the Prem. Most of the teams I think you are looking at play a two striker system, not one.

Most complete Im not too sure of.

I think City is the most complete team in the EPL. However, Hart has been sucking for a while and their whole team is injury prone these days.

Have nothing to say about your rant on City, Rules, and people who compare one play with another?! :)

All other top clubs have two lead strikers in their first team XI, we only have one.

Eto held the ball up better than Torres, lukaku, ba did in recent times.

But that's not why he was purchased... If you say he was better than them in that regard( I'm not really gonna bother agreeing or disagreeing) then that is just bonus. Rooney was our target the whole summer, not for his hold up play but his technical ability and link up play. That is how I envision Remy.

But he that's not why he was purchased... If you say he was better than them in that regard( I'm not really gonna bother agreeing or disagreeing) then that is just bonus. Rooney was our target the whole summer, not for his hold up play but his technical ability and link up play. That is how I envision Remy.

Remy and Rooney are like 2 different players....

Remy is a counter attacking demon with immense pace. Rooney lacks pace, but has really good technique. Remy isnt Lukaku bad in technique, but isnt really as good as his French counterparts.

Most complete Im not too sure of.

I think City is the most complete team in the EPL. However, Hart has been sucking for a while and their whole team is injury prone these days.

Nope... But they are close.

Hart is garbage.

Their back four minus Kompany is laughable.

Yaya is a presence but doesn't win a ton of balls in the midfield nor does he tackle. I guess Fernando and Fernandinho are mostly responsible for that but I'd take what we have in Matic/Ramires/Mikel in that role.

The only place I would say they have a definite advantage is striker, mainly because of the options they have.

Remy and Rooney are like 2 different players....

Remy is a counter attacking demon with immense pace. Rooney lacks pace, but has really good technique. Remy isnt Lukaku bad in technique, but isnt really as good as his French counterparts.

What are we talking about here? I agree Rooney has different qualities to Remy but do you think Wayne can hold up the ball? Remy offers something DIFFERENT to what we already possess, we are looking for a plan B not A and A2.

Nope... But they are close.

Hart is garbage.

Their back four minus Kompany is laughable.

Yaya is a presence but doesn't win a ton of balls in the midfield nor does he tackle. I guess Fernando and Fernandinho are mostly responsible for that but I'd take what we have in Matic/Ramires/Mikel in that role.

The only place I would say they have a definite advantage is striker, mainly because of the options they have.

CIty have better attacking fullbacks and Kompany, if fit is far superior than anyone on Chelsea.

Hart really has regressed quite a bit or maybe the english hyped him up to much.

CIty play an offensive attacking game, allowing their back 4 to be expose more often. Chelsea play like that last week and Everton scored 3 goals.

Yaya, when he actually cares, is the best CM by far in the EPL. I think a midfield 3 of fernando, fernandinho and toure is better than ramires, matic and cesc.

Silva, to me is both the best playmaker and player in the EPL (along with Aguero and Toure). Nasri is also very good player. However, Chelsea has more depth so, I give Chelsea the advantage unless we count both aguero and jovetic as ams....

What are we talking about here? I agree Rooney has different qualities to Remy but do you think Wayne can hold up the ball? Remy offers something DIFFERENT to what we already possess, we are looking for a plan B not A and A2.

Rooney holdup play is very good. Rooney best season for United was when Rooney played as a lone striker.

CIty have better attacking fullbacks and Kompany, if fit is far superior than anyone on Chelsea.

Hart really has regressed quite a bit or maybe the english hyped him up to much.

CIty play an offensive attacking game, allowing their back 4 to be expose more often. Chelsea play like that last week and Everton scored 3 goals.

Yaya, when he actually cares, is the best CM by far in the EPL. I think a midfield 3 of fernando, fernandinho and toure is better than ramires, matic and cesc.

Silva, to me is both the best playmaker and player in the EPL (along with Aguero and Toure). Nasri is also very good player. However, Chelsea has more depth so, I give Chelsea the advantage unless we count both aguero and jovetic as ams....

I like my fullbacks to be able to defend... Just my own personal taste.

Yaya was the best, I'm not sure he's the same player today. Still a deadly goalscorer but not exactly the box to box presence he once was... He's 31 now.

As I said, I think its close we're probably splitting hairs here but I would say we have a more complete, balanced squad than City.