Roberto Firmino

sodasys

Who cares about what nationality they are? That's like doing a multiple choice test and thinking 'hmm I've chosen a lot of B's, better chose and A, C, or D'

Not as simple as that. Having too many players from one country CAN affect the locker room for better or worse.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What like the locker problems Barca or Real Madrid have?..

If you cared to read, I didn't say it WILL create problems, I said it CAN. You are naive if you think make-up of the team is not a potential problem.

If even Coutinho, Filipe Luis and Miranda, that every press in Brazil wanted in the World Cup were ignored, imagine Firmino? Big Phil is really stubborn. He should at least have been tested.

If even Coutinho, Filipe Luis and Miranda, that every press in Brazil wanted in the World Cup were ignored, imagine Firmino? Big Phil is really stubborn. He should at least have been tested.

What is Firmino's image in Brazil mate? What is press/people thinking about him?

Is he seen as a one season wonder, or this season is something that everybody was expecting to happen at some time?

Back in his Figueirense days - was he some sort of wonderkid? Was anybody expecting that, at some time, Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund will enquire for him?

To me he looks like a quality player and, from what I've seen this season, he is the type of player Mourinho enjoys working with - good work-rate, stamina and he always tracks back.

If you cared to read, I didn't say it WILL create problems, I said it CAN. You are naive if you think make-up of the team is not a potential problem.

Okay my bad..but any player you sign CAN cause problems. I just don't see how signing another Brazilian can cause more of a problem than singing any other player from a different country. What problems were you thinking of?

What is Firmino's image in Brazil mate? What is press/people thinking about him?

Is he seen as a one season wonder, or this season is something that everybody was expecting to happen at some time?

Back in his Figueirense days - was he some sort of wonderkid? Was anybody expecting that, at some time, Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund will enquire for him?

To me he looks like a quality player and, from what I've seen this season, he is the type of player Mourinho enjoys working with - good work-rate, stamina and he always tracks back.

Most of the brazilians doesn't know him... For those who do, he's someone that had the same situation as David Luiz, Hulk, Fernandinho, Diego Costa and Filipe Luis: A player that didn't made big at his early days in Brazil and ended evolving and showing his best qualities in Europe.

For what i remember, he was a good solid player, but nothing "showy". Now i think we see him as a really skillfull good player with a good margin to growth... A player for the future, for the NT.

Looks like we are after him now. I think he would be a good addition to the team having watched him several times this season, but I am not sure we need him. We need someone who is more inclined to setting up goals, rather than scoring them.

Looks like we are after him now. I think he would be a good addition to the team having watched him several times this season, but I am not sure we need him. We need someone who is more inclined to setting up goals, rather than scoring them.

Wait, did I read this right? We need someone who is more inclined to set up goals rather than score them!!!!

I understand we need a number 10 who is magical on the ball and can put goals on a plate... which I personally don't think we have atm.. but.. we need players who can bang goals in! Diego Costa is great but we need another striker wether it be Lukaku or a fella like this. I'm sick of seeing us linked to nifty little players like Aguero omly to see us buy the big name and then see the nifty player turn world class whilst we are stuck with a name. Who knows.. this guy could be the nifty player who someone else buys and turns into a beast! He looks really talented!

Wait .. is this guy a striker or attacking mid?? Lol

He's like a number 9/number 10 hybrid. A bit like Rooney for example. He has so many goals and assists this season and has the potential of a really world class player.

Funny video, this and what an insane goal! van Persie-esque.

He is good, no doubt, esp when it comes to scoring and assisting he is more consistent than e.b. Oscar, but eh also plays in a much worse league in a team that plays for him. Surely there is a reason, he has never played for Brazil

I don't buy this league strength garbage, his technique is fucking off the charts! That will get him through any league.

Guys i am not trying to disrespect brazil oder any brazilians but come on not another one. Get barkley oder lallana!

Going by these videos Firmino is comfortably better than both Barkley and Lallana. :dunno:

I don't buy this league strength garbage, his technique is fucking off the charts! That will get him through any league.

I watched a 10 minutes long video of his goals and skills. The defence of weaker teams(Hamburg or Frankfurt) is a joke, he would never score goals that easily in the PL. But no doubt, his technique is outstanding and he is a clinical finisher.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/724024/Live

Is he playing as a striker regularly? Maybe we don't want a number 10 but a 9.

That was because Hoffenheim's strikers (Modeste, Schipplock and Herdling) were unavailable for that game. He had to fill in the CF spot.

He is naturally an attacking midfielder that can also play in the pivot.

I saw some vids and its not like vids are anything to put your argument on, but his flair and flamboyancy are epic. I am okay, if this guys comes in and proves everyone he is a steal for 15 million. I certainly hope it. Oscar needs someone to challenge him.

And another attacking midfielder who creates chances mainly by using his speed/athleticism and dribbling... take away the space and he's having a difficult time creating anything. That being said he's a "Mourinho type" of player though I don't think that's what we need as we are desperate for someone who can actually create chances through positioning and vision in a less paced game which we will face 90% of the time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You