Roberto Firmino

sodasys

I'll predict this guy will make a similar impact in world football than for example Marco Reus did after moving from a midtable club to a team in the CL. For 15m he could be a bargain for whoever gets him.

Haven't watched enough of Hoffenheim to say if he'd be a good fit for us but been hearing great things about Firmino since the beginning of the season and scoring 22 goals in 37 games is no joke. A while back I was at the Allianz for the Bayern - Hoffenheim game and before the match I decided to focus on this guy, he had a great game and also scored the equalizing goal near the end of the match.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no caps for his country would he even be able to move here to England? Did Willian have caps for Brazil before moving here? I can't remember.

Anyways, he looks like the real deal. Not any reputable sources linking him to us only Metro, but for the £15m they're talking about I wouldn't mind. If Oscar goes through another slump or we just wanted some more creativity than he offers this kid could be valuable.

Wait, did I read this right? We need someone who is more inclined to set up goals rather than score them!!!!

I understand we need a number 10 who is magical on the ball and can put goals on a plate... which I personally don't think we have atm.. but.. we need players who can bang goals in! Diego Costa is great but we need another striker wether it be Lukaku or a fella like this. I'm sick of seeing us linked to nifty little players like Aguero omly to see us buy the big name and then see the nifty player turn world class whilst we are stuck with a name. Who knows.. this guy could be the nifty player who someone else buys and turns into a beast! He looks really talented!

Wait .. is this guy a striker or attacking mid?? Lol

He is similar to Schurrle IMO. I understand what you are saying, but our recent woes are upfront. Now Costa looks inbound, we are in need of someone that can play the final ball.

I think if we want someone who can bang in goals, we should be after Berardi. He has scored three hat tricks in Serie A this season, with one being against AC Milan, and he is only NINETEEN!

Only Brazilians worth buying atm are Thiago Silva, Coutinho, Marquinhos and Neymar. The rest including our own players not worth the effort. You can get better quality and value in Europe and other South American countries.

Only Brazilians worth buying atm are Thiago Silva, Coutinho, Marquinhos and Neymar. The rest including our own players not worth the effort. You can get better quality and value in Europe and other South American countries.

Neymars worth buying? Getouttahere!

haha coutinho didn't even make the provisional squad for Brazil.

Countinho is still so inconsistent and Neymar... i'm sorry but definitely not worth the money, all i'm going to say is that he has a good PR team.

I agree. There was a reason why Inter let him go.

I agree. There was a reason why Inter let him go.

You mean the same inter that released/sold players like Roberto Carlos, Pirlo, Seedorf,Canavaro,Bergkamp amongst others prematurely, decisions that ultimately backfired on them as each of those players went on to become superstars. They let those players go for the same reason they released coutinho. Lack of foresight and gross incompetence. They have been trying their hardest to do the same to Kovacic this season as well

You mean the same inter that released/sold players like Roberto Carlos, Pirlo, Seedorf,Canavaro,Bergkamp amongst others prematurely, decisions that ultimately backfired on them as each of those players went on to become superstars. They let those players go for the same reason they released coutinho. Lack of foresight and gross incompetence. They have been trying their hardest to do the same to Kovacic this season as well

I am talking about recent times, and not years ago.

I watched a 10 minutes long video of his goals and skills. The defence of weaker teams(Hamburg or Frankfurt) is a joke, he would never score goals that easily in the PL. But no doubt, his technique is outstanding and he is a clinical finisher.

I think you guys give the Prem way too much credit. He looks like a classy player and those types will find a way to score in any league.

I saw some vids and its not like vids are anything to put your argument on, but his flair and flamboyancy are epic. I am okay, if this guys comes in and proves everyone he is a steal for 15 million. I certainly hope it. Oscar needs someone to challenge him.

How do you feel about him being converted to a deeper role? I say Oscar won't be supplanted as a 10 but if we play 4-3-3(which we tend to do in big games) Firmino could be the guy in the middle three who can help initiate the offense. Apparently he a decent tackler too.

I think you guys give the Prem way too much credit. He looks like a classy player and those types will find a way to score in any league.

I didn't say he would fail in Premier League or something, He is is obviously and outstanding player, but I still think that teams like Stoke, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa are way better than Augsburg, Hertha or Werder Bremen.

I didn't say he would fail in Premier League or something, He is is obviously and outstanding player, but I still think that teams like Stoke, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa are way better than Augsburg, Hertha or Werder Bremen.

Assuming I agree with you, what does that matter? He'll be playing with better players here too.

I don't buy this league strength garbage, his technique is fucking off the charts! That will get him through any league.

Dude, I was one of the best players in the 3rd and 2nd Luxembougish division and I am about the worst footballer ever. Of course league strength is a major factor. A few years ago there was a striker who scored more than 50 goals in Estland. Never heard of him again.

A few years ago there was a striker who scored more than 50 goals in Estland. Never heard of him again.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I think you are talking about Cekulayevs, or something like that. Man, I remember him like it was yesterday ahahah. I remember betting on the Estonian championship and I was going all in on his team week-in, week-out. Narva it was the team iirc. Over 2.5 goals every week, they were scoring like freaks, that maniac was banging goals for fun haha.

There were rumours some Romanian teams were interested in him, but ultimately nothing happened (who else would think about bringing mugs playing in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Azerbaidjan etc. if not Romanians? :doh: )

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You