test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidzeret

Rumoured John Stones

Started by Sidzeret,

3,202 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Last year I said: " Zouma is better";

Now I say: "Christensen is better".

Harsh on Zouma as he hasn't even played this whole year really

here is a good reason chelsea didn't sign this motherfucking son of a bitch and piece of shit.

Stones glad he did not end up at Chelsea

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/08/28/26940612/stones-glad-he-did-not-end-up-at-chelsea

Everton rejected the Blues' advances for Stones 12 months ago, and the new Citizens recruit believes holding out to work with his current boss was a masterstroke

Manchester City defender John Stones feels it was a blessing in disguise that he did not join Chelsea a year ago and instead plays for "best manager in the world" Pep Guardiola.

Chelsea, then managed by Jose Mourinho, made a strong push to sign the England international prior to the 2015-16 season, but did not produce a bid that tempted Everton to sell.

Instead, Stones remained at Goodison Park for that campaign before joining City this month for a reported fee that could eventually rise to £50million.

Stones, 22, has always been in a hurry to reach the top level and compete to win trophies, but feels his move to Chelsea not materialising should now be seen as a positive as it means he gets to work under Guardiola.

"I suppose what happened turned out to be a blessing in disguise," the centre-back told reporters.

"I stated last year what I wanted to do. It didn't happen and so I just got on with it, kept going, set out to win games and improve as a player.

"For me personally, I am now working with the best manager in the world. I'm over the moon to be at City and learning from a manager like Pep Guardiola.

39 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

here is a good reason chelsea didn't sign this motherfucking son of a bitch and piece of shit.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/08/28/26940612/stones-glad-he-did-not-end-up-at-chelsea

Everton rejected the Blues' advances for Stones 12 months ago, and the new Citizens recruit believes holding out to work with his current boss was a masterstroke

Manchester City defender John Stones feels it was a blessing in disguise that he did not join Chelsea a year ago and instead plays for "best manager in the world" Pep Guardiola.

Chelsea, then managed by Jose Mourinho, made a strong push to sign the England international prior to the 2015-16 season, but did not produce a bid that tempted Everton to sell.

Instead, Stones remained at Goodison Park for that campaign before joining City this month for a reported fee that could eventually rise to £50million.

Stones, 22, has always been in a hurry to reach the top level and compete to win trophies, but feels his move to Chelsea not materialising should now be seen as a positive as it means he gets to work under Guardiola.

"I suppose what happened turned out to be a blessing in disguise," the centre-back told reporters.

"I stated last year what I wanted to do. It didn't happen and so I just got on with it, kept going, set out to win games and improve as a player.

"For me personally, I am now working with the best manager in the world. I'm over the moon to be at City and learning from a manager like Pep Guardiola.

Did you actually read his quotes? There was nothing wrong with what he said. He's complimenting his new manager. The headline make it out as if he's having a go at our club when he wasn't at all.

OhForAGreavsie and Fernando like this

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

What a howler from stones today so overrated no wonder are board wouldn't pay the money for him 

Well Stones ir overrated and overpriced but I think Pep style of play doesn't help him. He would look much better in other teams.

Fernando and Chelseabluerising like this

You can't say he is not consistent, his mistakes cost a goal every matchday.

Honestly  I know he is a young player and will make mistakes but he does it in such regularity people are so bored by that they dont even bother to post about it here every time.

On 28-8-2016 at 8:40 AM, KevinAshburner said:

Read this now, at this time after the Everton defeat, and try NOT to laugh.... :) 

kellzfresh likes this

I think he is a really good player playing in a kind of a broken team where Pep can't organize them in defense, and he is paying the price. If Stones would be here under Conte I think he would be a terrific player!

Unionjack likes this

21 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I think he is a really good player playing in a kind of a broken team where Pep can't organize them in defense, and he is paying the price. If Stones would be here under Conte I think he would be a terrific player!

Kinda what I think too.

We all know how working with the right manager makes all the difference to a player and with the Dons defensive mind I do think he could work wonders with him.

But I'd never think twice to paying £60mill for him. £40 maybe and £10 of that is for the HG tag.

Im looking forward to seeing just what the Don does when Christensen comes back.

Big decisions coming guys!

Yeboii likes this

On 15/01/2017 at 3:50 PM, !Hazard! said:

Can't believe that only few months ago I thought this guy was worth 50 million....What a fraud

Why blame him for your misjudgement?  Or are you saying that you are the fraud? :-) 

DYC., Peace. and !Hazard! like this