Why do you support Chelsea?

Can you help me to understand why people from hundreds of miles away would support Chelsea, Glasgow Rangers fans allegiance with Chelsea I fully understand so don't need clarification on this. If you are from another country, why??? If you don't have a professional league in your country I can sort of understand, but the rest I Just don't get it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to understand it , as I don't see all these people from other countries following Charlton or Millwall( apart from the odd Dutch fella down at the Den), we were in similar positions to these two clubs 30 years ago and I didn't see any about then... So I am trying to be proved wrong that they are not just here for the silverware..

I'm just trying to understand it , as I don't see all these people from other countries following Charlton or Millwall( apart from the odd Dutch fella down at the Den), we were in similar positions to these two clubs 30 years ago and I didn't see any about then... So I am trying to be proved wrong that they are not just here for the silverware..

...Surely you understand that CFC is one of the biggest clubs in the world now, thus attracts fans that aren't from west London or England/the UK?

Can you help me to understand why people from hundreds of miles away would support Chelsea, Glasgow Rangers fans allegiance with Chelsea I fully understand so don't need clarification on this. If you are from another country, why??? If you don't have a professional league in your country I can sort of understand, but the rest I Just don't get it.

For the vast majority it will be the glamour of following a big club in a big league I'd imagine.

Support Chelsea since early Hasselbaink's time - perhaps he has something to do with it.... Plus the style of play was very similar to my hometown's Serie A Brazilian (very unBrazilian) club Gremio FBPA - not particularly "the beautiful" game, but very effective.

here's a short answer though: blue color and a girl's name... what's not to like?! B)

Physiology explains your second point: people crave what they see. Charlton and Millwall don't exist outside of England, because they are not seen outside of England.

I have lived in Liverpool since I was a baby and I could never ever ever support that club. I started supporting Chelsea in all honesty because I wanted to be different to all the other kids in school every other kid was either a Liverpool supporter or a Everton supporter and I wanted to support a club that was different. I fell in love with Chelsea because of the way the club embraced players from all over the globe. I don't know if anyone knows this but it was actually Chelsea FC that created this amazing premiership brand of talent from all over the world. We had players from South America to Africa to Europe and clubs followed suit and started to ditch the English core of players for talent abroad. My uncle being a Chelsea fan also helped a lot !

Probably want to drop some of these supporters groups a message mate.....

Sweden - Founded 1994

Cyprus - Founded 1992

Iceland - Founded 1997

Malta - Founded 1996

Norway - Founded 1980

Switzerland - Founded 2001

Australia - Founded 1988

Canda - Founded 1998

Hong Kong - Founded 1996

Indonisia - Founded 2003

Japan - Founded 2003

South Africa - Founded 1994

USA - Founded 1998

Sweden - Founded 1994

Cyprus - Founded 1992

Iceland - Founded 1997

Malta - Founded 1996

Norway - Founded 1980

Australia - Founded 1988

Canda - Founded 1998

Hong Kong - Founded 1996

Indonisia - Founded 2003

Japan - Founded 2003

USA - Founded 1998

Add Belgium - founded 2010 (The Mighty Blues) founded by two who go almost every game since 1995 and organise a bus to London every game.

Add Belgium - founded 2010 (The Mighty Blues) founded by two who go almost every game since 1995 and organise a bus to London every game.

And last but not least the Official Supporters Club for Germany,Austria and Switzerland.Founded in 2009 by a guy who is 15-20 times a year at Stamford Bridge . :)

Sweden - Founded 1994

Cyprus - Founded 1992

Iceland - Founded 1997

Malta - Founded 1996

Norway - Founded 1980

Australia - Founded 1988

Canda - Founded 1998

Hong Kong - Founded 1996

Indonisia - Founded 2003

Japan - Founded 2003

USA - Founded 1998

I'm on it mate, cheers for the heads up.

From india. Cricket is a religion here. Infact in my teens when I was a football buff, I was looked at like some weirdo. It is only now that football has started gainibg popularity here.

Anyways, when I started watching football it pretty much co-incided with chelsea's rise in 2005. But it was when BALLACK came to chelsea that I knew I had found the thing.

After that there has been no turning back. And this is something u simply can't explain why? Just like u can't explain why u love someone or something??? Sure u get attracted to that someone cos of beauty or blah blah (in this case it was ballack)... but after that things just sometine seem perfect.

I love watching, discussing doing anythibg concerning tochelsea. Why?? I dont know!!! Just do.

I am planing to do my mba in london so that I can have 2 years of actually watcging chelsea. Hope I will be there soon in a couple of years as I know it would be tge best day of ny life

No we ain't

...So are we still a Charlton/Millwall in your eyes then?

If we go by trophies alone we're the 4th most successful team in England.

Surely you understand that with us signing well known players from all over the globe, and being one of the most successful European clubs in the last decade and with TV and technology being at the level it is now that we're massively exposed to the global stage now?

I've been following Chelsea since '04 when I was a little kid and on holiday in London, my dad wanted us to go see Arsenal but couldn't get a hold of any tickets so we somehow ended up watching Chelsea-Everton at the bridge instead.

What I want to be said is that there's always a reason why you start supporting a club, be it the club being succesfull and thus getting more publicity or a player being from the same country joining the team or whatever. As long as you keep supporting no mather what and are passionate about the club it should never be a question of how or when you became a fan..