Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the team probably selects itself for this game. after the busy christmas period i would be shocked to see cech, azpi, gc, jt, cole, mikel, hazard get any game time. also we have atlast found our magic trio in hazard-oscar-willian. no use in playing them for cup games.

schwarzer

kalas ake DL bertrand

essien rambo

kdb mata schurrle

BA.

this team should be able to get a result. time to prioritize the league and let our big squad take a little heat off the starting eleven.

the team probably selects itself for this game. after the busy christmas period i would be shocked to see cech, azpi, gc, jt, cole, mikel, hazard get any game time. also we have atlast found our magic trio in hazard-oscar-willian. no use in playing them for cup games.

schwarzer

kalas ake DL bertrand

essien rambo

kdb mata schurrle

BA.

this team should be able to get a result. time to prioritize the league and let our big squad take a little heat off the starting eleven.

Well, certainly several players should be rested here. However, I do not know how important this cup is to Jose, but he might not want to lose against Derby, I feel. Therefore, Chelsea being close to win this FA Cup, Jose will make changes & he should.

Players like Kalas, Ake, Traore won´t play, I feel. Perhaps, KDB, Essien if they are still around by then, may play.

Well, certainly several players should be rested here. However, I do not know how important this cup is to Jose, but he might not want to lose against Derby, I feel. Therefore, Chelsea being close to win this FA Cup, Jose will make changes & he should.

Players like Kalas, Ake, Traore won´t play, I feel. Perhaps, KDB, Essien if they are still around by then, may play.

i think kalas will have to play. gc, jt and azpi have literally started every game in the christmas period. with iva out until end of jan, we need to rest some players.

i think kalas will have to play. gc, jt and azpi have literally started every game in the christmas period. with iva out until end of jan, we need to rest some players.

I do agree to rest players, but Kalas ? Who is he, I have not seen him around. LOL.

I do agree to rest players, but Kalas ? Who is he, I have not seen him around. LOL.

This is the type of match which is perfect for players like Kalas. If there are CBs who need resting, then why not give the lad a chance?

I expect them to rest a few key players. They have Leicester on Friday which is probably a bigger/more important game for them.

That's on Friday? What horrible planning that it. Good for us though.

EDIT - yeah, Friday, 7.45pm kick-off. Then we play them at 2.15pm on the Sunday. They'll have about 40 hours to recover from the most high-intensity game of their season! Crazy.

EDIT 2 - ignore me. Brainfart.

Edited by Alex

This is the type of match which is perfect for players like Kalas. If there are CBs who need resting, then why not give the lad a chance?

It´s very simple. Kalas has not played, Jose wants to win, players will play their next game on January 11th. Therefore, plenty of rest after Derby.

EDIT - yeah, Friday, 7.45pm kick-off. Then we play them at 2.15pm on the Sunday. They'll have about 40 hours to recover from the most high-intensity game of their season! Crazy.

They play leicester on friday the 10th ;)

we have 7 "regular" defenders out of which iva is injured. JT, GC, azpi have played 90 mins of 4 matches in 9 days. cole has played 2 and a half matches. so that leaves us with DL and bertrand only. dont think we can play just 2/3 defenders.

EDIT 2 - ignore me. Brainfart.

Idiot. ;)

You making the short trip?

A really tough one to predict. You'd like to see some young players given the chance but Derby away is not going to be an easy game and the last thing we want is to lose (the second to last thing is a replay - need to win on the day). Schwarzer needs a start, Luiz is coming back from suspension and our midfield options are already limited so I'd expect Essien to get a run out (maybe even in a 433). Up front I'd assume it would be Ba, but there is the possibility of not wanting to cup-tie him or simply wanting to give one of the other guys a run out considering they're in half-decent form. Hazard on the bench, along with Oscar and maybe even Traore? Plus maybe a young'un to make up the numbers in midfield (Baker sat against Swindon, seems to be first in line unless McEachran returns and goes straight in).

I'm just confusing myself here. Between not wanting to cup-tie players who might be on their way out (Bertrand, Ba), not wanting to lose the match and wanting to keep the good form going, anyone could be selected but here goes.

Schwarzer

Kalas Luiz Cahill Azpi

Essien Ramires

De Bruyne Willian Schurrle

Torres