Willian

Jase

I wouldn't even say Salah' that good at dribbling, he mostly pushes the ball forward and runs. Willain can retain possession in tight areas and his close control is phenomenal. Different players really.

u wrong he not just push the ball go check this video

That's pretty fast, then the Real Sociedad game will be crucial to see if they are fit enough for Burnley.

I don't think there's any reason for the players who's missed most of the pre-season to be thrown in a game like Burnley - much less tested against Real Sociedad. Maybe a late (very late) substitution in league match, but we have four players in the same condition, so I expect (and think is advisable) none of them to start and at most one to play about 10 minutes (doubt they'll even be in the bench tbh). Anything else is premature, hushed and pointless. The Sociedad match is absolutely irrelevant for them and I expect them to be like Didier, Courtois and co were yesterday to the Vitesse match - mere spectators that aren't even in the bench.

Before the first match on pre-season players went at least a whole week only training to regain some resemblance of physical shape. They'll be here a couple of days before the Sociedad game... no need to even show up there - just let them do the physical conditioning again and then slowly be introduced to matches. As there won't be any friendlies then, I expect the first of them to start a match at the end of the month, after taking a few minutes in the previous match.

you do realize that he was more dispossessed than dribbled opponents in the very link you asked us to check? I think that was what everyone was about here. Willian can hold possession, create space, but he isn't the smartest kid in the block and if affects his end product (imo it's not even about the goals and the assists, but some of his choices are just poor, regardless of what they're leading to). He needs to be more incisive, but compare him to Salah - who passes by opponents in the runs (counting as dribbles, possibly as take-ons and dribbles are often grouped together in stats) is like comparing squares and circles and saying one has four corners compared to the other. Something Willian is also of taking on opponents while running... but hasn't been doing much for some reason.

I don't think there's any reason for the players who's missed most of the pre-season to be thrown in a game like Burnley - much less tested against Real Sociedad. Maybe a late (very late) substitution in league match, but we have four players in the same condition, so I expect (and think is advisable) none of them to start and at most one to play about 10 minutes (doubt they'll even be in the bench tbh). Anything else is premature, hushed and pointless. The Sociedad match is absolutely irrelevant for them and I expect them to be like Didier, Courtois and co were yesterday to the Vitesse match - mere spectators that aren't even in the bench.

Before the first match on pre-season players went at least a whole week only training to regain some resemblance of physical shape. They'll be here a couple of days before the Sociedad game... no need to even show up there - just let them do the physical conditioning again and then slowly be introduced to matches. As there won't be any friendlies then, I expect the first of them to start a match at the end of the month, after taking a few minutes in the previous match.

you do realize that he was more dispossessed than dribbled opponents in the very link you asked us to check? I think that was what everyone was about here. Willian can hold possession, create space, but he isn't the smartest kid in the block and if affects his end product (imo it's not even about the goals and the assists, but some of his choices are just poor, regardless of what they're leading to). He needs to be more incisive, but compare him to Salah - who passes by opponents in the runs (counting as dribbles, possibly as take-ons and dribbles are often grouped together in stats) is like comparing squares and circles and saying one has four corners compared to the other. Something Willian is also of taking on opponents while running... but hasn't been doing much for some reason.

willian played 42 matches and scored 4 goals 6 assisst (dispossessed 1.7 dribbling 1.93) salah played 16 game with chelsea scored 4 goals 2 assisst (dribbling 2.64 dispossessed 2.94 because he was adapting so he was getting rid of the ball at 1st few matches by short passes while willian keep the ball as i said which give him the good looking however he just not going forword with the ball running on same line with some short passes around) beside i gave the link talking about dribbling statics...if u checked the video i posted about dribbling u will c how he cut half of the field with dribbling 2 or more players and scoring because he was superstar of his team like hazard in chelsea so he was having too much confidence while in chelsea his different culture making him feel that he less player than chelsea player or like B+ player playing with A+ players thats why he still didnt reach his top performance yet ...less confidence makes u try to avoid mistakes so it makes u think alot about your decision with the ball which leads to mistakes.

Well José said they will arrive monday, so they will be training a full 2 weeks before the Burnley game. Courtois arrived wednesday, and José already said he will play 45 minutes on sunday (dunno about Hazard). I guess Willian, Oscar and Schürrle will sit out the mini-tournament we play friday (august 8) against Fenerbace and Besiktas, by then they already trained for 5 days. We play Ferencvaros 2 and Real Sociedad 4 days later respectively. They will definitely play atleast 45 minutes in either game if not more. After that it's still a full week of preparation for our game against Burnley. Schürrle, Willian and Oscar are core players and im quite sure 1 of them will start against Burnley.

Well José said they will arrive monday, so they will be training a full 2 weeks before the Burnley game. Courtois arrived wednesday, and José already said he will play 45 minutes on sunday (dunno about Hazard). I guess Willian, Oscar and Schürrle will sit out the mini-tournament we play friday (august 8) against Fenerbace and Besiktas, by then they already trained for 5 days. We play Ferencvaros 2 and Real Sociedad 4 days later respectively. They will definitely play atleast 45 minutes in either game if not more. After that it's still a full week of preparation for our game against Burnley. Schürrle, Willian and Oscar are core players and im quite sure 1 of them will start against Burnley.

damn, I'm on drugs, it seems - and drug in this case must be spoiled food? I don't check much the expiration dates...

I thought we'd play Burnley a week from next monday, I didn't do the math. You make a lot of sense. I don't. It happens often.

I'll go check those expiration dates... but it's 4am, I'm hungry... I better not check them at all.

Willian is a great dribbler in the same way Mikel is a great passer.

His lack of productivity is rather shocking.

I'm speaking on a technical level - sure Willian's purpose and productivity should definitely be more, but technically speaking, his close control and ability to beat his man is only 2nd to Hazard IMO.

His lack of productivity has a lot more to do with bad decision making in the final third, i.e. shooting instead of passing or passing instead of shooting or just failing to put in that decisive ball. I think he'll improve on that aspect this season though.

Willian already proved himself last season, yes he can improve but he didn't have a bad season at all. Whenever he was on the pitch, you could see Hazard had less pressure. Willian can dribble and beat 2-3 man, keep the ball well and is very good in counter attacks. He wasn't super productive, just 4 goals but he does more than goals. He recovers balls, gives many keypasses, defends well and is one of the best high pressing attacking mids we have.

Hazard, Willian, Schurrle are the 3 starters for me this season. A combination of creativity, goals, super pace and high work rate.