Premier League table prediction

edetarod

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Liverpool manage to keep Suarez and get Willian I am even considering them dark horses for the title, their front four would be Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Willian which is just as good as any other front 4 in the EPL, Arsenal should be shitting their pants right now because its looking bleak for them even to finish in the top 4

Not for the title but certainly for top 4.

I'd like to take time out to express my thoughts on predictions on Man City winning the league. I find it pretty ridiculous that people are speculating Pelegrini to win the league on his first year. Let's consider he has never been in the premier league and let's compare that with other managers like Mourinho, David Moyes. Mourinho won 2 PL titles before and David Moyes has over 10 years of experience in the experience. I don't see Pelegrini come in and do magic where he outclasses Mourinho or even Moyes. Let's look at Pelegrini's CV, he has never won a European League (Ligue 1, Seria A, La Liga, BPL) and somehow he is supposed to win the BPL in his first year.

Pelegrini's only achievement that comes close to anything what the Special One done is winning the Ecuadorian League, LMAO.

That being said, people may put out the argument that Man City went out and spent over 90m on like 4-5 players. (Jovetic, Navas, Fernandinho, Negredo) so their logic is that because they have a good squad, their manager should be able to win it? Then, how come Pelegrini got sacked within a year for Madrid? Let's not forget, he had world class players (Ronaldo, Kaka, etc) and what did he do with Madrid? He did abysmal in the Champions League as well.

I think these Man City winning the league speculations are preposterous. I do agree Man City will be a good team, they will come 2nd/3rd this year.

I'd like to take time out to express my thoughts on predictions on Man City winning the league. I find it pretty ridiculous that people are speculating Pelegrini to win the league on his first year. Let's consider he has never been in the premier league and let's compare that with other managers like Mourinho, David Moyes. Mourinho won 2 PL titles before and David Moyes has over 10 years of experience in the experience. I don't see Pelegrini come in and do magic where he outclasses Mourinho or even Moyes. Let's look at Pelegrini's CV, he has never won a European League (Ligue 1, Seria A, La Liga, BPL) and somehow he is supposed to win the BPL in his first year.

Pelegrini's only achievement that comes close to anything what the Special One done is winning the Ecuadorian League, LMAO.

That being said, people may put out the argument that Man City went out and spent over 90m on like 4-5 players. (Jovetic, Navas, Fernandinho, Negredo) so their logic is that because they have a good squad, their manager should be able to win it? Then, how come Pelegrini got sacked within a year for Madrid? Let's not forget, he had world class players (Ronaldo, Kaka, etc) and what did he do with Madrid? He did abysmal in the Champions League as well.

I think these Man City winning the league speculations are preposterous. I do agree Man City will be a good team, they will come 2nd/3rd this year.

I'm predicting Man City to win and it's far from preposterous. You are giving an insane amount of weight to the experience of managers. Managers, even by the most generous figures, make up a relatively small difference and I don't think for a second that because Mourinho managed in a very different league years ago, he has some massive edge over Pelligrini. City has the most balanced and deepest squad so picking them makes sense. (Although I can definitely see us winning it as well.)

If Liverpool manage to keep Suarez and get Willian I am even considering them dark horses for the title, their front four would be Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Willian which is just as good as any other front 4 in the EPL, Arsenal should be shitting their pants right now because its looking bleak for them even to finish in the top 4

The title? come on, it's bad enough hearing that from their own fans :P

But, no on a serious note, they just aren't good enough, Liverpool fans will tell anyone that will listen about how good their future is under Brendan, for me they are taking alleyways full of dead ends.

Pellegrini is a better manager than Moyes, people go on about how Moyes overachieved at Everton with a limited budget, well Pellegrini had worse restriction's at Villareal and mananged to get to a CL semi final (tanning Moyes's backside in the process) aswell as breaking the Madrid-Barca duopoly (the only to do that since 2004) also another CL q/f to go with that.

Not to mention Malaga where they were bankrupt and not getting paid but still got them top 4 then a CL quarter final place (robbed of a semi appearance by the ref).

If Moyes overachieved at Everton, then Pellegrini is literally a magican for what he did at those two clubs.

• 1 month later...

I did one this time last year (and called the top five right :P ) i thought with the season just over a week away as it stands what would be your prediction's for the PL table.

1. Chelsea

I believe we can do it this year, Jose Mourinho in and we have such young talented players but also backed up with lots of experience, if Rooney comes in and proves me wrong, then i can't see anything stopping us.

2. Manchester City

Will run us close and in the head to head's could possibly still get the better of us due to Yaya still be being around, but with Jose here i think we will drop less silly points than City will, which could be the difference.

3. Manchester United

I think David Moyes will struggle initially, the jump in expectation's is huge and i think Utd could find themself's off the pace pretty early, i think they will recover to finish in the top 3 but whether Moyes is there to oversee it remains to be seen, i predict a early struggle for United and Moyes.

4. Arsenal

Whatever means how, Wenger will always get them in the CL.

5. Tottenham

They have brought well this summer but with Bale's likely exit i think they will narrowly lose out to Arsenal, again.

6. Liverpool

I still don't think they are much kop (excuse the pun) i don't think there as close to top 4 as their fans especially make out, and the fact they appear to be trying to loan Chelsea youngsters shows how far they have fallen. But i think Everton's will take time to adapt to Martinez and because of that, will get 6th but still well short of the North London duo.

7. Everton

I don't get the fuss over Martinez, the four season's before he took over at Wigan, the Latics had one relegation scare, he came in and they were fighting relegation every season. However Everton are still significantly better than the teams about to me named below them, so Martinez will have to be a real dope not to get them atleast 7th.

8. Swansea

Best of the rest, Laudrup is building a nice little side together and have made a top, top signing in Bony, but while being the best of the 2nd tier, they are still along way from the quality of the top seven sides.

9. Stoke

I feel they will be the West Brom of this season, Tony Pulis ran his course and they have now have a new manager with fresh ideas. People look to harshly on Mark Hughes's time at QPR (Harry Houdini didn't do much better, did he?) and forget that he did a fantastic job at both Blackburn and Fulham, i think he will do the same with The Potters.

10. West Ham

Allardyce may not play the prettiest football on the eye, but you cannot argue his football get results.

11. Norwich City

The club have brought very well in the summer, Hooper more than makes up for losing Holt, and i think they will have a really good season and just miss out on top half.

12. Aston Villa

Things were slowly coming together for Villa at the end of last season and i think Lambert will build on that, things are looking up for this young Villa side, especially with Benteke sticking around.

13. West Brom

I think they might struggle initially without Lukaku this season, Anelka is well past his best and won't make that much of an impact (think Hasselbaink at Charlton), the onus will be on Long to score the goals that Romelu would have, don't think they will face relegation fears but they won't be competing for "the best of the rest" title again.

14. Southampton

Play good football, have a good manager and there will be a couple of games this season where they sweep the opposition aside, but they are nowhere near consistent enough for me to make a challenge for the top half, they won't go down but they won't be going anywhere either.

15. Cardiff City

Promoted easily last season and i think the addition of Caulker and the experience of the likes of Craig Bellamy especially will help see the Welsh outfit over the line this campaign.

16. Newcastle

This will be another nervous season for the Magpies, the uncertainty at the club surrounding the Kinnear appointment will have a season of unhappy fans and with it a season of struggle, which they will again, just escape from.

17. Fulham

I saw a few of their games at the back end of last season and they were absolutely dreadful, luckily they were well safe before then, for me they will be the surprise struggle-rs this season and just pip Crystal Palace at the end.

18. Crystal Palace

They will huff and they will puff, but i think like their last PL stint their lack of PL quality will make them just fall short, especially now Zaha is gone.

19. Sunderland

I think Di Canio's star will fade, he was perfect at the time last season but it's a different job now, he hasn't brought that great this summer and i think it's only a matter of time before he alienates players, can see them going down.

20. Hull

Without meaning to sound harsh, how the fuck did this outfit get promoted? they are absolutely awful, they had like a single figure goal difference in the Championship. Watching this team will be painfull, they have Derby 2008 mark 2 written all over them, i will be surprised if they get past 15 points.

FA Cup: Chelsea

Carling Cup: West Ham

Champions League: Borussia Dortmund

Promoted from the Championship: QPR, Watford, Bolton (Wigan's European games will cost them promotion).

Surprise off the season: Yeovil to finish mid table in the Championship.

Looks like i have got i badly wrong with Hull, Bolton and Yeovil but my Fulham, Sunderland and City prediction's seem to be following though so far.