Premier League table prediction

edetarod

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think many people put Manchester City to win the league and putting Liverpool, Southampton and Arsenal all below 4th. Damn!

Remember the fuss being made about West Brom this time last season? and how people were going on about how they were top 4 dark horses?

Southampton could well finish best of the rest (8th) and will almost certainly make a mug out my prediction for them, but i will be amazed if they finish top 7.

Here's my updated Premier League prediction of top 6.

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man City

5. Man Utd

6. Southampton/Everton.

I don't even see Spurs in top 6. I see them around 7th. They've been abysmal recently, scoring only 1 goal in the past 3 games. On the other hand, I think it will be very close between City/United to get that 4th spot. Southampton are doing a splendid job currently, they have a brilliant manager, they play tiki taka and high attacking football, they have the young talent, they will be amazing this year.

• 1 month later...

As we are just over half way through the season, here are my updated predictions:

1) Man City- Have a tough run in but have so much firepower. Will be extremely close though

2) Chelsea- We are starting to pick up. Have a lot of teams around us to play at home yet so we could finish top

3) Arsenal- Just don't see them winning it this season but it will be a very solid season. Them and Liverpool will finish a good 7-9 points off the top 2

4) Liverpool- Shown that they can't beat the teams around them. Will chase Arsenal for 3rd.

5) Man United- May gain a bit of momentum and form as the season goes on, can't see them not being in any European competition next season.

6) Everton- Just not sure they will keep up their amazing form and will drop points away from home slightly more than they did in first half of season.

7) Newcastle- Will do well as they won't have Europa League distraction like last season. Don't stand a chance of breaking into top 4 though.

8) Spurs- Can beat Man U away for example, but will continue to drop silly points. Team hasn't clicked yet either.

9) Southampton- Have had a tough period of fixtures and should pick up slightly and get a top half finish.

10) Swansea- Will get knocked out of Europe by Napoli and be able to focus on the league. Laudrup will leave at the end of the season.

11) Hull City- Surprise package of the season. Will be close with Swansea for a top half finish.

12) Aston Villa- Inconsistency will cost them a top half finish. Need to get Benteke back and firing.

13) Stoke- Solid but unspectacular. Dicks.

14) West Brom- Will get a new manager. New manager syndrome will get them enough points to keep them out of danger.

15) West Ham- Big Sam will spend big on his defence and strikers. Just can't see them getting relegated if they keep him in charge.

16) Cardiff- Same as West Brom.

17) Fulham- Berbatov will potentially fuck off and they will be in a last day relegation dogfight

18) Norwich- Have been poor. Last 4 fixtures: Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal. Must get points on the board before then.

19) Crystal Palace- Probably have the easiest run in, but still expect them to go down. Not enough quality. Hopefully good riddance you pikey pricks.

20) Sunderland- Still have tough fixtures to come, poor squad, inexperienced manager. Championship.

City will win the league next season. Their squad barely needs tweaking, just a manager who has something resembling a brain.

United will be in a period of transition, as will we, but can see them ending well off the pace. Can see City running away with it and us/Arsenal fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

Fancy an improving Liverpool to pip the Yids to fourth. Arsenal to finish in the top four as well, at United's expense (can see them having a dodgy season under Moyes).

Stoke, Hull and Norwich to go down.

My predictions for relegation have been dire, but not bad on the other points.