Premier League table prediction

edetarod

I don't think Silva will be ahead of Mata anymore. If he remains that way, it's for 1 of 2 reasons

1) Silva is slightly more suited for the way Spain play but overall as a player is inferior

2) Del Bosque is becoming Senile.

I agree. I think even though Mata played a more of second striker role under Rafa and is expected to get more goals and assists, but Juan's impact on the team has been so immense; Silva comes no where near him this season.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after the appointment of Hughes i can say without a shadow of a doubt that Stoke will be relegated

Actually i think they stand a better chance now. Hughes had a good record with Fulham and Blackburn before QPR.

If they kept Pulis i think they would have been fuked this term, they stagnated big time under him in the second half of last season.

Fuck being conservative about it. We have a great team already, possibly the world's best man manager returning, and I'm sure he'll make his stamp on the team to give us more balance. City and United have new managers but will obviously be strong still. But there's no reason why we can't win the league next year. It's very early for predictions but we can win the Premier League next year lads.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did one this time last year (and called the top five right :P ) i thought with the season just over a week away as it stands what would be your prediction's for the PL table.

1. Chelsea

I believe we can do it this year, Jose Mourinho in and we have such young talented players but also backed up with lots of experience, if Rooney comes in and proves me wrong, then i can't see anything stopping us.

2. Manchester City

Will run us close and in the head to head's could possibly still get the better of us due to Yaya still be being around, but with Jose here i think we will drop less silly points than City will, which could be the difference.

3. Manchester United

I think David Moyes will struggle initially, the jump in expectation's is huge and i think Utd could find themself's off the pace pretty early, i think they will recover to finish in the top 3 but whether Moyes is there to oversee it remains to be seen, i predict a early struggle for United and Moyes.

4. Arsenal

Whatever means how, Wenger will always get them in the CL.

5. Tottenham

They have brought well this summer but with Bale's likely exit i think they will narrowly lose out to Arsenal, again.

6. Liverpool

I still don't think they are much kop (excuse the pun) i don't think there as close to top 4 as their fans especially make out, and the fact they appear to be trying to loan Chelsea youngsters shows how far they have fallen. But i think Everton's will take time to adapt to Martinez and because of that, will get 6th but still well short of the North London duo.

7. Everton

I don't get the fuss over Martinez, the four season's before he took over at Wigan, the Latics had one relegation scare, he came in and they were fighting relegation every season. However Everton are still significantly better than the teams about to me named below them, so Martinez will have to be a real dope not to get them atleast 7th.

8. Swansea

Best of the rest, Laudrup is building a nice little side together and have made a top, top signing in Bony, but while being the best of the 2nd tier, they are still along way from the quality of the top seven sides.

9. Stoke

I feel they will be the West Brom of this season, Tony Pulis ran his course and they have now have a new manager with fresh ideas. People look to harshly on Mark Hughes's time at QPR (Harry Houdini didn't do much better, did he?) and forget that he did a fantastic job at both Blackburn and Fulham, i think he will do the same with The Potters.

10. West Ham

Allardyce may not play the prettiest football on the eye, but you cannot argue his football get results.

11. Norwich City

The club have brought very well in the summer, Hooper more than makes up for losing Holt, and i think they will have a really good season and just miss out on top half.

12. Aston Villa

Things were slowly coming together for Villa at the end of last season and i think Lambert will build on that, things are looking up for this young Villa side, especially with Benteke sticking around.

13. West Brom

I think they might struggle initially without Lukaku this season, Anelka is well past his best and won't make that much of an impact (think Hasselbaink at Charlton), the onus will be on Long to score the goals that Romelu would have, don't think they will face relegation fears but they won't be competing for "the best of the rest" title again.

14. Southampton

Play good football, have a good manager and there will be a couple of games this season where they sweep the opposition aside, but they are nowhere near consistent enough for me to make a challenge for the top half, they won't go down but they won't be going anywhere either.

15. Cardiff City

Promoted easily last season and i think the addition of Caulker and the experience of the likes of Craig Bellamy especially will help see the Welsh outfit over the line this campaign.

16. Newcastle

This will be another nervous season for the Magpies, the uncertainty at the club surrounding the Kinnear appointment will have a season of unhappy fans and with it a season of struggle, which they will again, just escape from.

17. Fulham

I saw a few of their games at the back end of last season and they were absolutely dreadful, luckily they were well safe before then, for me they will be the surprise struggle-rs this season and just pip Crystal Palace at the end.

18. Crystal Palace

They will huff and they will puff, but i think like their last PL stint their lack of PL quality will make them just fall short, especially now Zaha is gone.

19. Sunderland

I think Di Canio's star will fade, he was perfect at the time last season but it's a different job now, he hasn't brought that great this summer and i think it's only a matter of time before he alienates players, can see them going down.

20. Hull

Without meaning to sound harsh, how the fuck did this outfit get promoted? they are absolutely awful, they had like a single figure goal difference in the Championship. Watching this team will be painfull, they have Derby 2008 mark 2 written all over them, i will be surprised if they get past 15 points.

FA Cup: Chelsea

Carling Cup: West Ham

Champions League: Borussia Dortmund

Promoted from the Championship: QPR, Watford, Bolton (Wigan's European games will cost them promotion).

Surprise off the season: Yeovil to finish mid table in the Championship.

Great post mate, I agree with almost everything. :D

However, I really doubt BvB will get even close to winning UCL.

I think they will win the Bundesliga too might put a cheeky £5 on it (ill explain my reasoning or it in a more appropriate thread sometime) but with the CL as us and Liverpool have proved in the last decade, you only have to be in it to win it, literally.

Let me try, but I'm too lazy to explain everything :P

1) City: I think their superior squad will show eventually. I think Pelligrini will do well there.

2) Chelsea; We'll probably chase them all the way but come a little short due to the inexperience of our squad.

3) Arsenal: I think they'll finish above united, I really do. For all the fun we make of Wenger, I think he currently has a very good squad and he will mostly likely get them playing well and getting results.

4) United: I think they will struggle..A LOT. Even if SAF is still at the club, the united players will have a tough time adjusting to a new style. I don't see them really challenging for the tittle.

5) Spurs. They might give united a scare for fourth, but they just still lack some quality, and even if Bale stays, he can't possibly replicate the form of the second half of last season.

6) Liverpool, assuming they keep Suarez. I don't think Rodgers is a good enough manager to have them challenging for a CL spot.

7) WBA: Clark have them playing very well and even without Lukaku (who was mostly a sub for them) they will likely continue to play well. They have a very good squad of players.

8) Swansea: Working like a well oiled machine. No reason why that won't continue to be the case next season.

9)Fullham: A bitt boring at times, but Jol is good enough to get them a mid table finish away from relegation.

10) Norwitch: Bought well in the market. Should be able to stay away from relegation.

11) Everton: They will struggle under Martinez. He does not have the players at Everton to play his "philosophy".

12) Sunderland: Di Canio has bought some very good players, and if he proves as good a manager as is rumored, Sunderland will finish even above 12th.

13) Westham: Won't be pretty but they will just about stay out of the relegation battle with their direct style of football.

14) Cardif: They were head and shoulders above everyone else in the Championship and played some excellent football, I expect them to stay up next season.

15) Southampton: Played some good football last season and if they can replicate it they can stay away from relegation.

16) Stoke: Clubs are learning to counter their style of football every year and I think they lost their "edge". I expect them to be involved in the relegation battle.

17) Palace: Very much relegation candidates, but somehow I feel they might just avoid it.

18) Villa: They should have been relegated last season if it weren't for Benteke carrying the team by himself. I don't think they'll get as lucky this time.

19) Newcastle: They have HUGE problems and they haven't signed anyone except Remy (who despite being a good player, won't be enough to save them). The have a large number of players that are just not good enough, I feel.

20) Hull: Relegated by April at most.

Well, I ended up explaining everything after all :lol:

Let me try, but I'm too lazy to explain everything :P

1) City: I think their superior squad will show eventually. I think Pelligrini will do well there.

2) Chelsea; We'll probably chase them all the way but come a little short due to the inexperience of our squad.

3) Arsenal: I think they'll finish above united, I really do. For all the fun we make of Wenger, I think he currently has a very good squad and he will mostly likely get them playing well and getting results.

4) United: I think they will struggle..A LOT. Even if SAF is still at the club, the united players will have a tough time adjusting to a new style. I don't see them really challenging for the tittle.

5) Spurs. They might give united a scare for fourth, but they just still lack some quality, and even if Bale stays, he can't possibly replicate the form of the second half of last season.

6) Liverpool, assuming they keep Suarez. I don't think Rodgers is a good enough manager to have them challenging for a CL spot.

7) WBA: Clark have them playing very well and even without Lukaku (who was mostly a sub for them) they will likely continue to play well. They have a very good squad of players.

8) Swansea: Working like a well oiled machine. No reason why that won't continue to be the case next season.

9)Fullham: A bitt boring at times, but Jol is good enough to get them a mid table finish away from relegation.

10) Norwitch: Bought well in the market. Should be able to stay away from relegation.

11) Everton: They will struggle under Martinez. He does not have the players at Everton to play his "philosophy".

12) Sunderland: Di Canio has bought some very good players, and if he proves as good a manager as is rumored, Sunderland will finish even above 12th.

13) Westham: Won't be pretty but they will just about stay out of the relegation battle with their direct style of football.

14) Cardif: They were head and shoulders above everyone else in the Championship and played some excellent football, I expect them to stay up next season.

15) Southampton: Played some good football last season and if they can replicate it they can stay away from relegation.

16) Stoke: Clubs are learning to counter their style of football every year and I think they lost their "edge". I expect them to be involved in the relegation battle.

17) Hull: Very much relegation candidates, but somehow I feel they might just avoid it.

18) Villa: They should have been relegated last season if it weren't for Benteke carrying the team by himself. I don't think they'll get as lucky this time.

19) Newcastle: They have HUGE problems and they haven't signed anyone except Remy (who despite being a good player, won't be enough to save them). The have a large number of players that are just not good enough, I feel.

20) Hull: Relegated by April at most.

Well, I ended up explaining everything after all :lol:

please explain how Hull will finish 17th and 20th??? :readthemessage:B)

1) Chelsea

2) Manchester City

3) Manchester Utd

-------GAP-----------

4) Tottenham

5) Arsenal

6) Liverpool

7) Everton

8) Swansea

9) West Brom

10) West Ham

11) Aston Villa

12) Stoke City

13) Fulham

14) Norwich City

15) Newcastle

16) Southampton

17) Crystal Palace

18) Cardiff

19) Sunderland

20) Hull

No write up. But i basically expect the top 3 to be fairly clear. Close race for 4th and 6th and the battle for relegation to go right down to the wire.