Premier League table prediction

edetarod

Personally, I almost agree with the above predictions. Just one doesn´t sit well with me. I can not see Arsenal in 4th, this season.

The Spurs bought several good players & if Bale stays, I see them leaving the cheap Arsenal behind.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty solid table prediction but i reckon Stoke might struggle in the middle of the season and end up somewhere below West Brom at 13 or 12.

If Bale decides to stay, AVB might get the better of Wenger for CL football the seaon after. On the other hand, if they land Suarez, they might even finish 3rd above Unted.

Why are people so convicted City will finish above us?!? (and I dont mean only here, it is almost everywhere)

I mean, they have a new team with a new manager and they will need time to adapt. I think they are favorites, but it is not given!

I think the top three will be

1. Us (yes, us!)

2. City close, very close second

3. United - soap opera seaon coming up!

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

Bottom:

19. Crystal Palace

20. Hull

Pretty much the same, i feel AVB will push Tott'nam into top 4(if Arsenal do not sign Suarez). My team to watch out will be Southampton, i feel they will challenge for top half and may well finish in the top 8! I also think Stoke are going down! :ph34r:

there is no way liverpool will finish in top 6 this season.

1. chelsea

2. man city

3. tottenham

4. united

5. arsenal.

6. swansea

7. everton

8. liverpool

9. southampton - wanyama with schneiderlin is goin to be fun to watch. top 10 finish in my opinion with the likes of lallana, ramirez, lampbert too.

18. stoke city - i have full faith in mark hughes as a football manager to push stoke out of PL

19. crystal palace.

20. hull city

Thought I'd give this a bump as we are now only 9 days from the start of the Premier League season.

My updated predictions:

1) Chelsea- I really am confident about this year. This is the best squad we have had in a while. A world-class striker would be the final piece in the jigsaw IMO but we still have enough quality and a manager who knows this league well enough tactically to win the league. Schurrle will add another dimension to our attacking play and Mata, Oscar and Hazard will only improve. The defence and midfield is identical to last season but we have the Mourinho factor, something other clubs can only dream of. If he can instill the same mentality into the players as he did in 2004 then we are in a very strong position.

2) Man City- We certainly won't cruise the league or necessarily win it of course. City have a far better strike force and look better than last season as an attacking unit. Pellegrini wants to play attacking football and has some of the best strikers and wingers in the world at his disposal. His defence and midfield is solid enough and will certainly give us a run for our money. They have a better squad than us but we have a better manager.

3) Man United- I'm still not entirely convinced that Moyes knows what he's doing. They have been poor in pre-season, haven't attracted any world class players to their team and are still trying to hold on to Rooney. This season will show what they miss from Fergie- he was an excellent motivator (as well as a prize ****) and Moyes might take a while to get used to the job. United haven't had an amazing squad the last few years. They have had a very good one with the addition of Fergie as manager.

4) Arsenal- They haven't improved. Spurs have slightly but might suffer from the loss of Bale but Arsenal always find a way of finishing in the top 4. They are still a decent striker, midfielder and centre back from challenging for the league. If Wenger had actually bothered to spend some money they might have been going places this season. IF they sign Suarez they could potentially challenge United for 3rd I think. It could be very unpredictable though and they could just as easily finish 5th.

5) Spurs- Assuming Bale goes to Madrid they will lack decent width. Paulinho, Capoue (presumably) and Soldado are great signings and they have one of the best midfields in the league if Villas-Bollocks gets it right with Paulinho and Capoue in there. Bale staying could be the difference between Spurs finishing as high as 3rd and as low as 6th though. Every season they bottle 3rd or 4th so I'm not ruling out a repeat of that.

6) Everton- Difficult to predict how Martinez will do. I don't expect him to do badly, more a question of whether it will be a solid mid-table or challenge for Europe. If they can hold onto Baines, Fellaini and the core of last season with the additions of Kone, Deulofeu and Joel they could have a very good season.

7) Liverpool- They still don't have a great squad, despite what the muppets may tell you. Aspas looks a tidy player, Coutinho could have an impressive season and they will be hopeful of keeping Suarez, although that could be the difference between 6th and 8th. The problem for Rogers is that its still a pretty shit team. Henderson, Downing, Allen, Skrtel and Borini are never going to get you far let's be honest.

8) Newcastle- Have strengthened their squad and don't have Europe as a distraction. Pardew might be a cock but he has some quality players at his disposal.

9) Southampton- Expecting big things from Pochettino this season. He's a very, very good manager and Wanyama is a terrific signing. Southampton have everything set up to be competing high up in the league- good manager, fanbase, squad, academy, infrastructure etc. and have money to spend if required.

10) Swansea- Would finish higher but have the Europa League as a distraction this season which Laudrup might want to progress in. They have signed some good players but their squad may not be big enough to cope with the Europa League and Premier league.

11) Sunderland- Di Canio has been working hard and got some good signings in. A few of them could be a bit unpredictable but the team look like they will work hard for each other and he is trying to get them to play football at last which I'm sure everyone bar Lee Cattermole will be pleased about.

12) West Brom- Steve Clarke will have another solid season I think. He might miss Lukaku but West Brom won't be in any danger this season.

13) Norwich- Have made some good signings and are starting to set themselves up as an established Premier League team. van Wolfswinkel, Fer and Redmond are good acquisitions, they may need a top drawer centre back to finish higher though. Certainly though, everything is there for them to stay in the league comfortably this season.

14) West Ham- Typical Sam Allardyce season. No real progress made but no danger really either. They will be fine as long as he's in charge.

15) Aston Villa- Expecting Benteke, Weimann and Delfouneso to improve with time. Still a young squad but will make slow and steady progress under Paul Lambert

16) Cardiff City- Easily had the best team in the Championship so have not needed to strengthen massively. Bellamy, Noone and Cornelius will be key players for them. I expect them to do well at home particularly.

17) Stoke City- Yes we all know Mark Hughes is a shit manager. He isn't shit enough to get them relegated I don't think but they will struggle. The squad is probably just about good enough to keep them in the league although they could just as easily finish mid table. Unpredictable.

18) Fulham- I actually think they could go down this year. They haven't strengthened much and are far too reliant on Berbatov. Teams that usually finish around them like Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland are improving. Fulham haven't. Like Stoke, they could do well instead. Very unpredictable.

19) Crystal Palace- 90% certain they will go down. Zaha carried them for much of last season, haven't made enough quality signings. If anyone can spring a surprise though, it is Ian Holloway. Everyone had Blackpool to go down and they did really well and probably should have stayed up.

20) Hull City- Never been more certain of a team going down. Wank manager, wank team, wank fans, will be gone by April. Bruce to be gone by November.

1) Chelsea- I really am confident about this year. This is the best squad we have had in a while. A world-class striker would be the final piece in the jigsaw IMO but we still have enough quality and a manager who knows this league well enough tactically to win the league. Schurrle will add another dimension to our attacking play and Mata, Oscar and Hazard will only improve. The defence and midfield is identical to last season but we have the Mourinho factor, something other clubs can only dream of. If he can instill the same mentality into the players as he did in 2004 then we are in a very strong position.

2) Man City- We certainly won't cruise the league or necessarily win it of course. City have a far better strike force and look better than last season as an attacking unit. Pellegrini wants to play attacking football and has some of the best strikers and wingers in the world at his disposal. His defence and midfield is solid enough and will certainly give us a run for our money. They have a better squad than us but we have a better manager.

3) Man United- I'm still not entirely convinced that Moyes knows what he's doing. They have been poor in pre-season, haven't attracted any world class players to their team and are still trying to hold on to Rooney. This season will show what they miss from Fergie- he was an excellent motivator (as well as a prize ****) and Moyes might take a while to get used to the job. United haven't had an amazing squad the last few years. They have had a very good one with the addition of Fergie as manager.

4) Arsenal- They haven't improved. Spurs have slightly but might suffer from the loss of Bale but Arsenal always find a way of finishing in the top 4. They are still a decent striker, midfielder and centre back from challenging for the league. If Wenger had actually bothered to spend some money they might have been going places this season. IF they sign Suarez they could potentially challenge United for 3rd I think. It could be very unpredictable though and they could just as easily finish 5th.

5) Spurs- Assuming Bale goes to Madrid they will lack decent width. Paulinho, Capoue (presumably) and Soldado are great signings and they have one of the best midfields in the league if Villas-Bollocks gets it right with Paulinho and Capoue in there. Bale staying could be the difference between Spurs finishing as high as 3rd and as low as 6th though. Every season they bottle 3rd or 4th so I'm not ruling out a repeat of that.

6) Everton- Difficult to predict how Martinez will do. I don't expect him to do badly, more a question of whether it will be a solid mid-table or challenge for Europe. If they can hold onto Baines, Fellaini and the core of last season with the additions of Kone, Deulofeu and Joel they could have a very good season.

7) Liverpool- They still don't have a great squad, despite what the muppets may tell you. Aspas looks a tidy player, Coutinho could have an impressive season and they will be hopeful of keeping Suarez, although that could be the difference between 6th and 8th. The problem for Rogers is that its still a pretty shit team. Henderson, Downing, Allen, Skrtel and Borini are never going to get you far let's be honest.

8) Newcastle- Have strengthened their squad and don't have Europe as a distraction. Pardew might be a cock but he has some quality players at his disposal.

9) Southampton- Expecting big things from Pochettino this season. He's a very, very good manager and Wanyama is a terrific signing. Southampton have everything set up to be competing high up in the league- good manager, fanbase, squad, academy, infrastructure etc. and have money to spend if required.

10) Swansea- Would finish higher but have the Europa League as a distraction this season which Laudrup might want to progress in. They have signed some good players but their squad may not be big enough to cope with the Europa League and Premier league.

11) Sunderland- Di Canio has been working hard and got some good signings in. A few of them could be a bit unpredictable but the team look like they will work hard for each other and he is trying to get them to play football at last which I'm sure everyone bar Lee Cattermole will be pleased about.

12) West Brom- Steve Clarke will have another solid season I think. He might miss Lukaku but West Brom won't be in any danger this season.

13) Norwich- Have made some good signings and are starting to set themselves up as an established Premier League team. van Wolfswinkel, Fer and Redmond are good acquisitions, they may need a top drawer centre back to finish higher though. Certainly though, everything is there for them to stay in the league comfortably this season.

14) West Ham- Typical Sam Allardyce season. No real progress made but no danger really either. They will be fine as long as he's in charge.

15) Aston Villa- Expecting Benteke, Weimann and Delfouneso to improve with time. Still a young squad but will make slow and steady progress under Paul Lambert

16) Cardiff City- Easily had the best team in the Championship so have not needed to strengthen massively. Bellamy, Noone and Cornelius will be key players for them. I expect them to do well at home particularly.

17) Stoke City- Yes we all know Mark Hughes is a shit manager. He isn't shit enough to get them relegated I don't think but they will struggle. The squad is probably just about good enough to keep them in the league although they could just as easily finish mid table. Unpredictable.

18) Fulham- I actually think they could go down this year. They haven't strengthened much and are far too reliant on Berbatov. Teams that usually finish around them like Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland are improving. Fulham haven't. Like Stoke, they could do well instead. Very unpredictable.

19) Crystal Palace- 90% certain they will go down. Zaha carried them for much of last season, haven't made enough quality signings. If anyone can spring a surprise though, it is Ian Holloway. Everyone had Blackpool to go down and they did really well and probably should have stayed up.

20) Hull City- Never been more certain of a team going down. Wank manager, wank team, wank fans, will be gone by April. Bruce to be gone by November.

Top five as normal. Spurs vs Arsenal depending on the Suarez/Bale situations.

Relegation to be a scrap between Hull, Palace, Cardiff, Sunderland and WBA.

Norwich and Villa have spent well for me, Sunderland and WBA (though Lugano is a decent buy) haven't.

'Surprise' team could be Swansea to push the likes of Liverpool and Everton.

1) Manchester City

2) Chelsea

3) Manchester United

4) Tottenham

5) Arsenal

6) Everton

7) Liverpool

8) Sunderland

9) Swansea

10) West Brom

11) Norwich

12) West Brom

13) Fulham

14) Cardiff

15) Aston Villa

16) Crystal Palace

17) Southampton

18) Newcastle

19) Stoke

20) Hull

Not going to go and explain every individual.

I think Manchester City will win the league, fire power of Negredo and Aguero will see them through, an area where I think Chelsea will fall short. Manchester United I don't think have that good a team regardless of their runaway league title last season, Moyes obviously an unknown quantity as well.

Don't see why people think Arsenal are title contenders at all, Not even if they get Suarez (he didn't do much for Liverpool's league positions) and I see Tottenham nudging them with their strength in depth. Bale obviously another big factor in this however.

Don't really expect Liverpool to be below us, they can outspend us by millions and have a settled way of playing. We're in for a transition season, 7th minimum for me.

I think Sunderland will be the surprise team, I rate Pauli Di Canio as a manager, it's just a case of how long it'll be before he throws a hissy fit and walks out. Giaccherini, Johnson, Sessegnon and Fletcher are more than good enough for a top half side's attack.

Newcastle is mainly down to my hatred of them, but Pardew is a dickhead and they'll be in for a similar season to the last in my opinion. Stoke haven't made a lot of signings, Hughes isn't the biggest name in the world either. Hull and Steve Bruce are made for the drop.

If Liverpool manage to keep Suarez and get Willian I am even considering them dark horses for the title, their front four would be Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Willian which is just as good as any other front 4 in the EPL, Arsenal should be shitting their pants right now because its looking bleak for them even to finish in the top 4