Premier League table prediction

edetarod

Hazard, Mata, Ramires, maybe Azpilicueta and maybe Luiz.

Lol, seriously? Blue tinted glasses much? May be Mata for Silva but the latter seems to be rated higher than Jaun by everyone except Chelsea fans. But Azpi better than Zabaletta? Rami better than Toure? Lui better than Kompany?(well I think he is but the rest of the world doesn't). Not to mention that their bench is 10 times better than ours.

The City squad is clearly better than ours, imo.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, seriously? Blue tinted glasses much? May be Mata for Silva but the latter seems to be rated higher than Jaun by everyone except Chelsea fans. But Azpi better than Zabaletta? Rami better than Toure? Lui better than Kompany?(well I think he is but the rest of the world doesn't). Not to mention that their bench is 10 times better than ours.

The City squad is clearly better than ours, imo.

I'd have:

Aguero

Hazard - Mata - Silva

Yaya - Ramires

Cole - Kompany - Luiz - Azpilicueta/Zabaleta

Cech.

I'm pretty sure City fans would take Hazard, Mata and Ramires.

Mata and Hazard. I even think Luiz, if his performances next to Silva is anything to go by, him nexxt to Kompany would be almost unbeatable. Azpi maybe in a year, although right now i would say Zabaleta is (just) better.

But even so, Jose came to us last time with a squad that wasn't the best on paper, in the summer of 2004, who of our squad would have got into Arsenal's unbeaten team (on paper)? Probably only Makelele, Cech and possibly Carvalho.

Whatever advantage City may have on us on paper, im confident Jose will make it up on the pitch, just like he did with the Gooner team back then.

If you go on individuals, then we have the best team imo.

Cech

Cole

Azpi

Luiz

Mata

Hazard

All ahead of city. Thats 6 of our players to their 5.

If you compare us to utd. Then only 3 of their players would get in our first 11.

Those are a bit arguable, but you're both forgetting City's biggest advantage and that is their squad depth. I have every faith in Jose but to say that he will definitely make up the difference is unwise, imo.

I fear that we have such high expectations of Jose that this appointment seem to have a very high risk to gain ration.

Those are a bit arguable, but you're both forgetting City's biggest advantage and that is their squad depth. I have every faith in Jose but to say that he will definitely make up the difference is unwise, imo.

I fear that we have such high expectations of Jose that this appointment seem to have a very high risk to gain ration.

Yeah city have the edge for the squad overall. As once we go outside our first team we are lacking quality. However we had a lot of quality players on loan and the bringing back of these players would increase our squad depth. With Jose, will always come huge expectations, but i think a lot will be deterimined on the players we bring in. Lets not forget aswell that all 3 top teams will have new managers next season, which in itself will create some uncertainty.

Yeah city have the edge for the squad overall. As once we go outside our first team we are lacking quality. However we had a lot of quality players on loan and the bringing back of these players would increase our squad depth. With Jose, will always come huge expectations, but i think a lot will be deterimined on the players we bring in. Lets not forget aswell that all 3 top teams will have new managers next season, which in itself will create some uncertainty.

I agree. I think the PL will be up for grabs next season between us and the uniteds. But you can't really say that not winning the league next season would be a huge failure for Jose because you would writing his failure before he even comes.

I agree. I think the PL will be up for grabs next season between us and the uniteds. But you can't really say that not winning the league next season would be a huge failure for Jose because you would writing his failure before he even comes.

No i don't think it would. But it comes with the reputation. And more importantly it only matter what one man makes of it. And hopefully Roman understands this as well and has learnt from previously. But Jose hasn't even arrived yet so it is way to soon to be talking of that.

May be Mata for Silva but the latter seems to be rated higher than Jaun by everyone except Chelsea fans.

.....Are you serious? Just about on every forum, especially United's (Red Cafe) they say Mata is better than Silva. I don't know what planet you're living on. Everyone is realising Silva is overrated. The gap between us and Citeh isn't anywhere near as big as you're making it out to be.

Before last season I claimed that Mata would reach both the 20 goals and 20 assists mark. You all laughed at poor Spike, some even insulted Spike. You don't deserve my predictions.

But in all seriousness I want to see the manager and the signings in before I make any bold claims.

We will finish 5th, right at the last game of the season on a stormy night against Manchester United in stoppage time. The goal will be from Howard Webb, who will blatantly tackle Luiz then slam it into the net. A bolt of lightning will split Stamford Bridge into two. Mikel will stop jogging. Roman will openly start weeping. Arsenal will finish third, prompting demands of a parade from their fans.

Also, Jonny Evans will have one of his high flying kung fu tackles, except this time his foot will actually slightly touch the ball before going through the chest of the player and coming out the other side. As medics will rush to the scene and players will swarm the ref demanding a red card, the ref will say he got the ball first. The player will be heard saying "Ahhhh not again", before passing out.

.....Are you serious? Just about on every forum, especially United's (Red Cafe) they say Mata is better than Silva. I don't know what planet you're living on. Everyone is realising Silva is overrated. The gap between us and Citeh isn't anywhere near as big as you're making it out to be.

Well most pundits still say that Silva is better, not to mention that Silva is still ahead of Juan in the Spain NT. Don't get me wrong, I think Juan has been better this season and will only get better in the next few seasons.

Well most pundits still say that Silva is better, not to mention that Silva is still ahead of Juan in the Spain NT. Don't get me wrong, I think Juan has been better this season and will only get better in the next few seasons.

The pundits all seemed to favour Mata when it came to player and team of the year honours. Silva was nowhere near those honours this season.

I don't think Silva will be ahead of Mata anymore. If he remains that way, it's for 1 of 2 reasons

1) Silva is slightly more suited for the way Spain play but overall as a player is inferior

2) Del Bosque is becoming Senile.