Izzy Brown

coolhead23

• 1 month later...

He is apparently injured atm, no idea if he's been getting minutes before that though. But as Zolayes said, Baker and Solanke seems to be starting regulary, and both doing quite well.

he was on the bench a few times might even have got some playing time but not ripping up trees

what happened with this guy? anyone knows?

Has been injured in recent weeks.He is now fit but not match fit. Either way, before he got injured he lost his place in the team and will have more difficulties getting in now as they are improving as a team. I suspect this loan atm is a bit of a step too far for him. Tbh, I have never been his biggest fan. I think he is a player who cuts it out in youth levels because of his physicality but in the men's game he will struggle imo. Especially with the fact that we are turning him more into a winger. He has not got outstanding pace and is not a very good dribbler, he is decent.

I don't have him in the same category I rate other youngsters such as Boga, Musonda, Solanke and RLC for instance. Maybe he will prove me wrong. He is only 18 after all.

Baker and Solanke are getting starts at Vitesse he isnt

At the start of the season he was a starter for them while Solanke and Baker were on the bench. I watched a couple of his matches, and he was just awful. Looked like a fish out of water. Not sure how he can get back into the side..

At the start of the season he was a starter for them while Solanke and Baker were on the bench. I watched a couple of his matches, and he was just awful. Looked like a fish out of water. Not sure how he can get back into the side..

I liked Izzy a lot but agree the last time I saw him for Vitesse he was dreadful

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Me and Izzy share a mutual friend, so if he can prove his quality would be nice if he made it here.

We'd all share that hope I'm sure but I fear it's a very, very big if for Izzy. I wish him all the very best but I think he lacks the quality for a Chelsea career.

He can definitely make it at Chelsea if he plays as a striker.If he does not get a chance to play in that position,he will struggle at Chelsea due to the fact that he does not have the characteristics to make it as a winger at a top club.But he has everything to make it as  a striker because he is tall,very fast,has a good technique,good finisher and he has good dribbling skills.You will not find that many players who have that characteristics and I do not think that he lacks in anything when it comes being a striker,but obviously,Chelsea needs to give him a proper chance as a striker.

Look at Traore,how much he improved his performances.During the Mourinho era,Traore only played as a winger or as a LB,so he could not show his true potential,but when Hiddink came,Traore got his chance to play as a striker,which is his best position.Sometimes,coaches will not give you a chance to perform in your best position and I think that is the case when it comes to Brown.He has the quality to make it at Chelsea,but Abraham and Solanke have the talent to make it at Chelsea,too.

He can definitely make it at Chelsea if he plays as a striker.If he does not get a chance to play in that position,he will struggle at Chelsea due to the fact that he does not have the characteristics to make it as a winger at a top club.But he has everything to make it as  a striker because he is tall,very fast,has a good technique,good finisher and he has good dribbling skills.You will not find that many players who have that characteristics and I do not think that he lacks in anything when it comes being a striker,but obviously,Chelsea needs to give him a proper chance as a striker.

Look at Traore,how much he improved his performances.During the Mourinho era,Traore only played as a winger or as a LB,so he could not show his true potential,but when Hiddink came,Traore got his chance to play as a striker,which is his best position.Sometimes,coaches will not give you a chance to perform in your best position and I think that is the case when it comes to Brown.He has the quality to make it at Chelsea,but Abraham and Solanke have the talent to make it at Chelsea,too.

I do think he could become a good player but Solanke, Traore and Abraham have a lot more talent imo.

I do think he could become a good player but Solanke, Traore and Abraham have a lot more talent imo.