Izzy Brown

coolhead23

So you wanted him to take off Drogba for a young player who isn't even a real striker, hasn't even played with the senior team, in a rivalry match away from home where even the soon to be POTY couldn't do much for long periods.

There's a reason we're just fans arguing over this and there are people getting paid to make better decisions.

Some Man utd fans too thought Ferguson, arguably the greatest manager of all time, made the right decision by playing Raphael, a right back in midfield in a game where Utd had major injury crisis in midfield and a certain youth midfielder named Paul Pogba was on the bench. A game that Pogba still reference as the final nail in the coffin that prompted him to leave the club. So even the best managers do get it wrong sometimes.

I'm not even arguing whether Izzy should have featured or not since I don't really rate him but just speaking in general terms regarding Jose's mentality towards youth. His approach will likely either stagnate most of our best youngsters or force them out of the club eventually which we will likely later regret.

So you wanted him to take off Drogba for a young player who isn't even a real striker, hasn't even played with the senior team, in a rivalry match away from home where even the soon to be POTY couldn't do much for long periods.

There's a reason we're just fans arguing over this and there are people getting paid to make better decisions.

Thats one point of our disappointment - why didn't he bring from sqitzerland full time striker who scored more than 30 goals in youth teams this season?

Some Man utd fans too thought Ferguson, arguably the greatest manager of all time, made the right decision by playing Raphael, a right back in midfield in a game where Utd had major injury crisis in midfield and a certain youth midfielder named Paul Pogba was on the bench. A game that Pogba still reference as the final nail in the coffin that prompted him to leave the club. So even the best managers do get it wrong sometimes.

I'm not even arguing whether Izzy should have featured or not since I don't really rate him but just speaking in general terms regarding Jose's mentality towards youth. His approach will likely either stagnate most of our best youngsters or force them out of the club eventually which we will likely later regret.

But isn't this expected from Mou? I knew from minute one Izzy would not play unless we're up 4-0.

It's the same thing with style of play, Roman knew exactly what he was rehiring, Mourinho is not going to suddenly abandon what has brought him where he is.

Back to youth though, the best that can be hoped for is 1 player genuinely proving himself as a reliable squad player and getting starts here and there.

Ake looked like that player at the start of the season, but he's fallen off now since his injury which is a shame.

Well, Brown is physical player himself. He's fast and has lot of energy. And he showed again that he has very good finish in him.

Utmost better than launching a long balls to Zouma. You really don't think that Zouma would actually do something effective ? In theory you could even put Cech upfront to collect long balls.

I don't even know why I discuss this. Somehow Mourinho put Schurrle upfront at Old Trafford even though "he's more of a winger" instead of giving a go to David Luiz. How can anyone explain this to me that he used a winger instead of defender upfront ? :ph34r:

It's baffling that comment like this can still be excused but lionsden hit the nail.

Physical but no Zouma or Ivanovic. It's a perfectly sensible move at that point. Although I kind of wonder why keepers are not used for this kinda thing tbh. I always wondered what would happen if you put someone in the NBA with an insane vertical like Dwight Howard just to launch crosses at his head.

And I don't understand that bit about Shirley. He played as a striker before, and has a cold finish in him so it's not the worst idea to try playing him upfront.

So Izzy Brown, who has never as never been bullied by a physical defender like Clint Hill, Onuoha and Caulker, and has also never played football at the biggest level, had to replace Drogba, who needs one moment and he will make it count and also manages to torment defenders, rather than the other way around. I mean, who the fuck is Izzy Brown, for God's sake? If it was Solanke, okay, he's scored a lot, and even then I wouldn't be bitching so much. The fact, that a part from the goal, the only interesting thing from our attacks, came from the Drogba flick at a corner proves enough.
Okay, I can criticise Jose for Ake, who for me, could've done great at DM when Matic was missing, but in the end we won both games. As long as we win, I could care less, if Izzy Brown, Michael Stoch, Franko Di Santo, or even My mum is at the bench. The most important thing, at this stage, is 3 points, nothing more, nothing less. If we manage to secure the title, the youth will get their chance.

The only explanation for this sort of blind loyalty and delusion is Mourinho is the reason some of you became Chelsea fans otherwise I don't understand it.

Go on a Liverpool forum and you will see many allowances made for Dalglishs disaster of a full time spell in 11/12.

Go on a United forum and very few will blame Fergie for choosing Moyes and not leaving the squad in the best nick.

Shearer relegated Newcastle and is still a hero.

Zola, Drogba, Terry could return to manage us and take us down and the fans would "go easy" on them.

No one is saying agree with every little thing he does, the point is he has such a strong connection with the fans and the club, has and is still giving this club fantastic memories, yet if you look at his thread some people won't even give the greatest manager in the club's history the remotest bit of respect when we are on the verge of winning the title thanks to him.

If people criticised him but maintained the respect (like people do in the Drogba thread for example) these blind loyalists your referring too wouldn't be that defensive, but for as long as he is getting told to go fuck himself on the day off a cup final, then there will continue to be people on the other end of the scale.

• 4 weeks later...

20 quid says he is currently in Birmingham City centre enjoying a cheeky Nandos ? with Loftus Cheek and other youth players he refers to as 'fam' whilst uploading it to Instagram with the hash tag 'facials'

I think he will surprise a few people. He doesn't sniff out goals or poach the way Solanke or Abraham do, but his passing, vision, technique and all round maturity are well ahead of those two. It's not a coincidence that he was the one that made the step up to U19 football with England when the other two didn't.