Izzy Brown

coolhead23

'I was going to bring on Zouma as striker because I didn't have another striker...Brown is more of a winger.' - WTF Mourinho... You are flying the boy from Switzerland with plan never to use him?

Source? That's an outrageous thing to say even for someone like Jose. I don't even rate Izzy nor I'm that bothered about him not featuring but to say a defender by trade and skillset is more suited to playing the striker role than nan actual forward is shocking.

Like blue colored sky said why didn't he bring an actual striker from the reserve/youth team instead if a striker was what he needed.

Jose obviously hasn't seen him play for England U19 even once, where he's a striker every time.

He's such a cunt you know, if the quote is true.

If the quote is true (I bloody hope it isn't) then he basically says EOT in all that discussion about bringing players through.

Source? That's an outrageous thing to say even for someone like Jose. I don't even rate Izzy nor I'm that bothered about him not featuring but to say a defender by trade and skillset is more suited to playing the striker role than nan actual forward is shocking.

Like blue colored sky said why didn't he bring an actual striker from the reserve/youth team instead if a striker was what he needed.

Is it? Playing Zouma up front and launching long balls forward sounds very much like Mourinho to me.

Jose treats youngsters so bad, that I'd be pissed off if I was some from the young team. To say that a defender is better option in attach than real striker/winger is absolutely dumb. And Brown is not only a normal striker/winger. He is the captain of a team which is playing final in Youth Champions League.... What is worse is that Jose did that second time, after the situation with Zouma and Ake.

Maybe he wanted to keep him fresh for said UYL final.

With 10 mins to go, there was no point in putting him on. IMO I think he was misunderstood, Zouma as a striker as in shutting up shop and hold out for 5 more minutes, which is a legit tactic when you know their players can outmuscle yours.

Is it? Playing Zouma up front and launching long balls forward sounds very much like Mourinho to me.

Let's be fair, throwing a centre-back upfront to play as a makeshift striker is not a Mourinho-thing. Most managers tend to do it when they need to. Even the so called football purists like Wenger, Rodgers and Guardiola have done it before.

Let's be fair, throwing a centre-back upfront to play as a makeshift striker is not a Mourinho-thing. Most managers tend to do it when they need to. Even the so called football purists like Wenger, Rodgers and Guardiola have done it before.

It's not criticism. Playing Zouma up front would 'allow' a long ball approach for the last part of the game, that's something Mourinho has opted to do many times (referring to long ball football).

It was not a criticism. Playing Zouma up front would 'allow' a long ball approach for the last part of the game, that's something Mourinho has opted to do many times (referring to long ball football).

I know but just saying. It's an approach used by many managers, not just Mourinho.

If the quote is true (I bloody hope it isn't) then he basically says EOT in all that discussion about bringing players through.

People are reading too much into nothing.

I don't think many managers would be stupid enough to play an untested youngster up front in the final minutes of a crucial league fixture UNLESS they were looking for a goal

was this before or after the goal? if its after then it dosent really matter, because it wouldnt be the time for a debut. but i ask, what was the point of bringing him? and will he now miss the final?