Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Boga gets injured a lot. And he's super shite defensively. He needs to improve his tactical and defensive side of the game. No passengers in any team nowadays. He improves these things and he's set.

I'd say Ake, RLC and Boga can be first teamers next season because they are that good.

Boga gets injured a lot. And he's super shite defensively. He needs to improve his tactical and defensive side of the game. No passengers in any team nowadays. He improves these things and he's set.

I'd say Ake, RLC and Boga can be first teamers next season because they are that good.

I really hope we see these three progress into the first team.

Boga excites me the most... You xan just see if given the chance he could really become a World Class footballer!

I will say this. There's a pattern to the youth players Jose has kept around the first team. RLC,Brown and Solanke all have similar profile i,e physically superior and english. the cynical side of me thinks this may count against the likes of Boga,Musonda et al. He hasn't made it a secret either that Bringing through English players from the academy is his mission and priority. Add physical egde to it and it gives those guys an advantage over their youth team mates. I know I'm being harsh on RLC and Solanke who are both exceptionally gifted but we will see if he gives any of the other non English and short statured guys a genuine chance.

IIRC Boga got the most playing time of all the youngsters in preseason. But he's been injure a lot this season and rarely at his very best.

How come Loftus-Cheek, Solanke and Izzy Brown get mentioned and Boga doesn't?

I've been impressed with this kid since I saw him against Barcelona away in a CL game. He ran the show and danced through Barca's players with ease. Wonderful talent.

Agreed, 'Jed' was brilliant in that game, which was not in CL but the NextGen by the way, but we can only guess that the lack of first team buzz about him is due to worries about his tactical awareness, fitness and form. He should surely make the tour(s) this summer. Let's hope he gets the chance to impress again.

How come Loftus-Cheek, Solanke and Izzy Brown get mentioned and Boga doesn't?

I've been impressed with this kid since I saw him against Barcelona away in a CL game. He ran the show and danced through Barca's players with ease. Wonderful talent.

Those Barca fans who saw that match still talk about him. He was 16 back then :)

But seriously, he's the biggest talent out there. From quality point of view as well as physical as well as his movements. When he's in his full flow he looks like a first team player somehow still trapped in the development league. He has so much of a readiness to play in the senior football already, I think he wouldn't have to adjust. Of course tactically he is still lagging behind but so are many of the young players. Even RLC is not there defensively. All of them have to progress but it's natural. I'm sure Eden Hazard wasn't anything good in the tactical thing when he was 18. Hell, he wasn't even good when he joined here at 21.

Immaculate talent, freak physique. There was one action yesterday when Boga had the ball glued to his feet for 60-70 yards, during that time he was assaulted by many players from different angles but he still kept going. It's ridiculous how strong he is on his feet. That's why I always give the edge over others young offensive players who are often too week for seniors. Jeremie is by far stronger than Cuadrado for example. I'm sure that with couple of months he would be much more ready for the Premier League than Juan Cuadrado.

Boga already showed against senior players in the pre-season how strong he is and that he belongs to the senior level. Cuadrado would fall off at least 3 times in that action.

https://youtu.be/PSUVFghgqQg?t=48s

He'd do the job now but really don't know where his future lies. The best for him would probably be if he'd be released in the summer, many big clubs would be after him with chance to play at the highest level. You know, loans are good, but player, especially as talented as him, can progress much faster when playing at the high level.

He can go on loan but after one loan there will be another etc. One loan, ok, but you know that he's going on carousel of loans. It's sad story. Doubt that he's going to be with the first team next season. He is homegrown, he doesn't have any more business in the development leagues. I really would root to make it anywhere but Chelsea. I fear that Mourinho, if he's going to include some youngsters, they all will be English and also the biggest of them (so for example no Jay Dasilva and Charlie Colkett but RLC and Solanke/Brown). Jeremie should search for happiness somewhere else. You just know that we're going to sign Douglas Costa or other Enner Valencia, so we will have two average/decent players for two spots. Of course instead of those two we should have one of supreme quality and the other supreme youngster.

I doubt that we will have player as talented and as "first-team looking" like him for the long time in the Academy yet the situation seems doomed.

Seen him play a couple of games and only saw the second half yesterday, he was great, it's like seeing hazard play.

Shame tho he's been having some bad luck with injuries. Also his physical prescence is starting to worry me, with the style he and hazard share, i'd rather see him not bulking up any further than this, imo he appears heavier and slower already than hazard. And that's something a player with that style of play can't have.

Seen him play a couple of games and only saw the second half yesterday, he was great, it's like seeing hazard play.

Shame tho he's been having some bad luck with injuries. Also his physical prescence is starting to worry me, with the style he and hazard share, i'd rather see him not bulking up any further than this, imo he appears heavier and slower already than hazard. And that's something a player with that style of play can't have.

But he has just mindblowing acceleration from standing position. His style of play is just like Hazard's - full of stops, burst, stops, bursts.

So many young players are struggling with physicality that I'm hugely relief that this guy is already there from physical point of view. It's good that he's such a beast in standing on his feet.

Mourinho hasn't promoted any offensive player yet in his career. So far only 6'2" defenders/midfielder. I'd love if Jeremie would change that. I think that if Jeremie was a player in the opposition club then Mourinho would take time to figure out how to stop him. The same happened with Sterling, Januzaj or Kane from recent time. So Jose actually can acknowledge that young kid can be quality, dangerous player. Why he can't see that in our own youngsters though ?

Nah, I think (hope ?) that they really put a deep thoughts about it like Jose said, like Emenalo said, like Neil Bath said (Academy director). They put a deep thoughts and try to find the solutions. Neil Bath said that the goal is to bring a 1 player each year. For sure he didn't say that because that's his wishful thinking but rather a conclusion with the board, the owner, the manager etc. They all have the same aim , at least I want to believe in that somehow. They already included a couple of those players on the Champions League list so maybe that's the phase 1 of this process. Again, that's my hope.

But forking them out on loan is not the best solution. Many of them would thrive in playing with better players, on the same wavelength. Loans can be very harmful. I just hope they figure the whole things out so we won't lose this golden generation.

• 1 month later...

Wonder how will Musonda react to this

I heard he made some negative online comments. He won't make it hereunder Mourinho with that attitude. Mourinho trusts character as much as talent and if a young player is not as patient as Azpilicueta it'll be hard for him under Mourinho.

I heard he made some negative online comments. He won't make it hereunder Mourinho with that attitude. Mourinho trusts character as much as talent and if a young player is not as patient as Azpilicueta was, it'll be hard for him under Mourinho.

We'll it is kinda strange. Jeremie was very up and down this year, with Musonda outshining him on several occasions. Boga got subbed off at half-time not that long ago in favour of Musonda (no injury). But yeah, Mourinho sticked with the same players he was pointing out at the beginning of the season (pre-season). You can actually compare it with the KDB and Mata situation, if they don't fit his profile chances are big that he won't feature them no matter how they perform.

It is unfair though, Musonda played his heart out in most games. Was very versatile/consistent(played as an 8, N10, right and left winger at roughly the same level), never injured, wasn't shy too defend (unlike Boga), but still went unnoticed by Mourinho. There are arguments to be made for Charlie Colkett as well.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if Boga got the nod against Sunderland. Both will mostly likely go on loan anyway, and then we will see who will develop into a top player.