Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

Boga is roughly similar talent to Hazard at 17. There, I said it. He already has everything, it's frightening actually. And he's all ours . Instead of wrecking him with pointless bad loans, initially at least, he should be drafted into the first team immediately next season. He's arguably the most first team ready guy in the youth set-up and his style fits in perfectly with that of the first team.

Not been about talent purely for years now, attitude prevails by far. My old managers best mate is David noble, former arsenal youth player, wenger described him as having the technical ability of a Spanish player and spoke extremely highly.. Also friends with Steve sidwell .. David filtered down the leagues, sidwell still warning a pretty premiership wage.

Although I am convinced that, strange as this may seem, youngsters at Chelsea will up their game this time for Jose and this seems to hold true, so far.

Players I want to see succeed, in order.

RLC

Boga

Baker

Brown

Solanke

And one of the names missing from your list may actually be the best of the current crop; Charlay Mousonda is a heck of a footballer. Not as good on the dribble as Boga but extremely effective at it all the same and a better passer too. Mousonda is more versatile than our young Frenchman in that he could also play CM, the best performance I've seen him give was playing the 'Modric' role in an U21 game. Not that he wants to play there, or even been used in that position again as far as I'm aware, but someone in the club must have logged that display in the back of their mind; it was spectacularly good.

Since you talked about players you 'want' to see make it here, and not about those who you think 'will' make it, I'll add the name Charlie Colket. A lovely footballer, it'd be brilliant to see him come through. Charlie will surely make it as a professional but whether that'll be with Chelsea, whether it'll be Chelsea for any of these lads, remains to be seen. It's hard not to be excited about the talents we have on the rise but we all know Arsenal fans who prattled on for years about the kids they supposedly had coming through. Next to nothing came of it so it's feet on the ground for us as much as it needs to be for the young men themselves.

And one of the names missing from your list may actually be the best of the current crop; Charlay Mousonda is a heck of a footballer. Not as good on the dribble as Boga but extremely effective at it all the same and a better passer too. Mousonda is more versatile than our young Frenchman in that he could also play CM, the best performance I've seen him give was playing the 'Modric' role in an U21 game. Not that he wants to play there, or even been used in that position again as far as I'm aware, but someone in the club must have logged that display in the back of their mind; it was spectacularly good.

Since you talked about players you 'want' to see make it here, and not about those who you think 'will' make it, I'll add the name Charlie Colket. A lovely footballer, it'd be brilliant to see him come through. Charlie will surely make it as a professional but whether that'll be with Chelsea, whether it'll be Chelsea for any of these lads, remains to be seen. It's hard not to be excited about the talents we have on the rise but we all know Arsenal fans who prattled on for years about the kids they supposedly had coming through. Next to nothing came of it so it's feet on the ground for us as much as it needs to be for the young men themselves.

Agreed, CM is a bright prospect but my list only contained players that were perceived to be close to the first team that we know of rather than a list of players that I want to succeed out of the academy overall hence why my list was so short :) haha.

I do worry about CM if I'm honest due to his father insisting on his brothers signing and the money involved, just does not bode well in my opinion.

As I said, its all about attitude and at the moment I can see nothing wrong so don't take me for a stickler just yet ;) agree that its feed on the ground for sure when it comes to youngsters for us. Academy has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, its a long process not sure people outside of the club realise it, yes we spent a ton of money at the start and made mistakes but I feel like we're moving in the right direction.

whats happening with Boga?! He was outstanding in pre season and i thought he was gonna get som minutes for the first team, at least get on the bench.

Is he struggling with injuries? very often his not in the u21 squad or he sits on the bench for them…

whats happening with Boga?! He was outstanding in pre season and i thought he was gonna get som minutes for the first team, at least get on the bench.

Is he struggling with injuries? very often his not in the u21 squad or he sits on the bench for them…

Well, he's younger than the likes of Baker and Brown , so I guess he is being protected.

Well, he's younger than the likes of Baker and Brown , so I guess he is being protected.

Boga and Brown are the same age. But it is worrying that Boga misses quite a lot of games through what I assume injury. He is not in our U19 team currently playing Schalke and misses games frequently thorugh injuries. Was the same last season.

Boga and Brown are the same age. But it is worrying that Boga misses quite a lot of games through what I assume injury. He is not in our U19 team currently playing Schalke and misses games frequently thorugh injuries. Was the same last season.

Apparently they are. Dunno why I thought Brown was 19, he's very mature for his age!

On Boga, yeah, that is indeed a worry. And I think it has to do with his style of playing a bit as well. He likes to take on players and go where the tackles are flying in. Not everyone has the ability of the likes of Hazard and Ronaldo to take heavy tackles and then get right back up.

Maybe Boga - like Hazard - needs 4-5 years of being a first team regular in a good league like France. Hazard is who he is now because of 5 seasons and nearly 200 games for Lille; he didn't get to this level with 20 minute cameos every other month. And let's be entirely honest with ourselves: Boga is not going to play any meaningful football for Chelsea any time soon - no matter what Jose says or how impressive he is at u21 level, it's just not going to happen.

I've been thinking for a while now that perhaps the best thing we can do with some players is sell them with a buy-back clause. Imagine a 21/22-year-old Boga coming back from Ligue 1 or maybe even Spain having played 150+ games. It's an entirely different prospect to just wasting his time with pointless loans to random clubs every season and/or sitting on the bench and never featuring.

Managing players between the ages of 18-22 is where the club loses the plot. The club builds them up until they're 18, they've outgrown the youth scene and then we don't know what to do with them until they just disappear by the time they're 21/22. It's happened to McEachran and it's going to happen to Chalobah and many others.

That's exactly we we should let our best young players go with a buy back option like Real Madrid do.

That's exactly we we should let our best young players go with a buy back option like Real Madrid do.

It hurts to see the same thing happening over and over again. Sometimes I think the club is guilty of giving them too much press and/or false hope. Look at all the press Baker got in the summer - all the hoopla the club made about his new deal and the press release about him being a squad member - and yet he still hasn't kicked a ball this season. How soon before he completely falls of the map?

It hurts to see the same thing happening over and over again. Sometimes I think the club is guilty of giving them too much press and/or false hope. Look at all the press Baker got in the summer - all the hoopla the club made about his new deal and the press release about him being a squad member - and yet he still hasn't kicked a ball this season. How soon before he completely falls of the map?

Exactly. When Baker was made a first team member quite a few people on here stated that this is proof that Jose can bring through youth players. As I was saying there is difference between being part of the first team squad and playing. Chalobah was moved to the first team a few seasons ago and even up to this date has not kicked a ball competively for us. That is what is frustrating for the likes of Boga. He has so much talent but if he wants to make it here he can make as much progress as he wants but will never make a league appearance here for the next 2 seasons. I have watched Sterling and Boga for youth and reserves for Liverpool and Chelsea and like I was saying before, Boga is not far off in terms of talent.

However Sterling was given a chance at the age of 17 and while he had his ups and downs it has developed him into a much better footballer due to the experience. Baker will be 20 next year and has only made one appearance for us and I don't even think he got a touch of the ball. Boga unfortunately will be the same. He turns 18 beginning of next year and due to the competition we have in attack I fear that is another talent that will not make it here.

Exactly. When Baker was made a first team member quite a few people on here stated that this is proof that Jose can bring through youth players. As I was saying there is difference between being part of the first team squad and playing. Chalobah was moved to the first team a few seasons ago and even up to this date has not kicked a ball competively for us. That is what is frustrating for the likes of Boga. He has so much talent but if he wants to make it here he can make as much progress as he wants but will never make a league appearance here for the next 2 seasons. I have watched Sterling and Boga for youth and reserves for Liverpool and Chelsea and like I was saying before, Boga is not far off in terms of talent.

However Sterling was given a chance at the age of 17 and while he had his ups and downs it has developed him into a much better footballer due to the experience. Baker will be 20 next year and has only made one appearance for us and I don't even think he got a touch of the ball. Boga unfortunately will be the same. He turns 18 beginning of next year and due to the competition we have in attack I fear that is another talent that will not make it here.

Was it even 2 minutes? And then Chelsea TV released a 10 minute video about Baker making his debut :doh: sure, it's a nice moment for him and his family, but at least wait until he completes 10 passes for the senior side before patting yourselves on the back.

• 2 weeks later...

What a talent. Done some excellent close-ball control and dribbling and the Sporting players could not hack him so kept tugging away at his shirt. He earns the free kicks and steps up and curls it over the wall to give us the lead applr.gif

We since that are 2-0 up :blue scalf: