Jeremie Boga

TacticalBlues

We'll it is kinda strange. Jeremie was very up and down this year, with Musonda outshining him on several occasions. Boga got subbed off at half-time not that long ago in favour of Musonda (no injury). But yeah, Mourinho sticked with the same players he was pointing out at the beginning of the season (pre-season). You can actually compare it with the KDB and Mata situation, if they don't fit his profile chances are big that he won't feature them no matter how they perform.

It is unfair though, Musonda played his heart out in most games. Was very versatile/consistent(played as an 8, N10, right and left winger at roughly the same level), never injured, wasn't shy too defend (unlike Boga), but still went unnoticed by Mourinho. There are arguments to be made for Charlie Colkett as well.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if Boga got the nod against Sunderland. Both will mostly likely go on loan anyway, and then we will see who will develop into a top player.

Yeah, don't know what Colkett and Musonda have to do to get some recognition from Mou

We'll it is kinda strange. Jeremie was very up and down this year, with Musonda outshining him on several occasions. Boga got subbed off at half-time not that long ago in favour of Musonda (no injury). But yeah, Mourinho sticked with the same players he was pointing out at the beginning of the season (pre-season). You can actually compare it with the KDB and Mata situation, if they don't fit his profile chances are big that he won't feature them no matter how they perform.

It is unfair though, Musonda played his heart out in most games. Was very versatile/consistent(played as an 8, N10, right and left winger at roughly the same level), never injured, wasn't shy too defend (unlike Boga), but still went unnoticed by Mourinho. There are arguments to be made for Charlie Colkett as well.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if Boga got the nod against Sunderland. Both will mostly likely go on loan anyway, and then we will see who will develop into a top player.

Pff Boga played fantastic for U21 as a 16 years old. He was up and down this season but when he's up he is the best player and looks the most senior player on the pitch by a mile. He decided to turn and we've won UEFA Youth League. He is just special talent and deserves special treatment and it's bizarre thing at it's finest that he only now get the nod. Up until December he was unplayable and I think he should then got his reward.

And btw remember that RLC wasn't with the first team last summer. Mourinho hasn't mentioned him at all until he pulled him of the hat before Champions League game.

I have an idea how you develop kids without compromising the results. And I think you have to be unfair with some of them and choose the best of the bunch, 1 or 2 and develop them, and not try to promote everyone of them at the same time. Therefore it's UNFAIR for Musonda but it's FAIRER for Boga to finally get his debut as his special talent and 3 years of youth performance deserve.

They should all get the debuts but when Izzy Brown debut is belated by 5 months (?) since he has sat on the bench for the first time, you have the picture about youth approach.

So happy about this. For a long while he has been my favourite youth player. He plays like Hazard and I view him in the same way as in everytime I watch Boga I get a thrill and anticipation that he is going to pull of something exciting. He is under the radar in the football world but he has the talent to become a quality player. Hopefully it is at us. If it was not for his injuries I reckon he would have progressed even further. In the summer when he took part in the first team friendlies, he was arguably our best player so glad to see he has finally been rewarded after all his years excelling through the youth teams.

Pff Boga played fantastic for U21 as a 16 years old. He was up and down this season but when he's up he is the best player and looks the most senior player on the pitch by a mile. He decided to turn and we've won UEFA Youth League. He is just special talent and deserves special treatment and it's bizarre thing at it's finest that he only now get the nod. Up until December he was unplayable and I think he should then got his reward.

And btw remember that RLC wasn't with the first team last summer. Mourinho hasn't mentioned him at all until he pulled him of the hat before Champions League game.

I have an idea how you develop kids without compromising the results. And I think you have to be unfair with some of them and choose the best of the bunch, 1 or 2 and develop them, and not try to promote everyone of them at the same time. Therefore it's UNFAIR for Musonda but it's FAIRER for Boga to finally get his debut as his special talent and 3 years of youth performance deserve.

They should all get the debuts but when Izzy Brown debut is belated by 5 months (?) since he has sat on the bench for the first time, you have the picture about youth approach.

Yeh, Boga is very talented and im glad he got the nod. At his day he is better equipped to play in a Mourinho team than Musonda, altough he is pretty lacks in pressing and defending (a bit lazy). I hope both of them get a good loan, and they both develop towards their potential.

I totally agree. We should choose 3 players now to bet on them in the next 2 years, the others will need to wait or go on loan and prove they are good enough out of here. We can't have all of them. For example we have Solanke and Bamford... we can't have both. we need to choose one right now. We have Boga, Musonda and Izzy... In reality only 2 of those should have a chance, but a real chance.

I would bet on Boga, Loftus and one of the CF. THe others will need to wait or try to do it out of here.

Ake couldn't do it, he needs to go. He doesn't have the phisical habilities to play hwere he is supposed to play.

From what I saw... Boga is clearly the most talented player between all the kids.

I disagree that RLC was pulled out of a hat. CM has been recognised to be vulnerable with Cesc in the pivot, and if RLC continues to develop then that saves us blowing £50m on a Pogba.

Likewise with Boga. Next season he and Brown go through the same stage as RLC has done this season, as will Chrstensen imo with both Terry and Ivanovic on the wrong side of 30.

I can see Mourinho creating a more youth rich domestic cup team next season. I find it impossible to play more or less the same 15 players in 4 competitions, with an experienced spine.

I agree, but a 18 years old academy player shouldn't bitch on social media. It's a thing that managers strongly dislike, especially Mourinho. I hope he goes to Marseille next year, shuts his mouth and show how good he is, because he is a great talent indeed.

• 1 month later...

If there is a real interest from Marseille to take him him on loan, it would be a real opportunity for him to kickstart his carreer especially after with the departures of Ayew and Payet. An opportunity for him to return to his hometown and youth club as well.

That's probably the worst place he could end up.

I have not watch a single lick of CP games, but honestly is there any PL team you would send a youngster to? Not for me

If Rayo is interested it should be a forgone conclusion, it is a great place for him. Paco is a wonderful manager. They play really good football.

In boredom. Watching Chelsea TV right now and it is showing our 5-0 victory over Norwich U21 earlier in the season. What a performance this lad put in. Such a joy to watch. On top of the quality dribbling and runs he ha been doing, scored a great free kick. Such a bonus that we have Chelsea TV because we have the best opportunity to see great talents like Boga play on a regular basis. Other fans of other clubs don't have that opportunity.

Literally like Hazard on the ball when he is in the mood.

I have not watch a single lick of CP games, but honestly is there any PL team you would send a youngster to? Not for me

I think the best way to describe Palace is that they basically make Stoke look like Barcelona...

Careful. Newcastle and Sunderland do exist remember.

At least Sunderland usually play decent football the two months of the season. And I honestly thought that Newcastle had gone down. They definitely deserved to!

I think the best way to describe Palace is that they basically make Stoke look like Barcelona...

At least Sunderland usually play decent football the two months of the season. And I honestly thought that Newcastle had gone down. They definitely deserved to!

I thought they were entertaining under pardew at least. I'd be more worried about him competing with zaha bolasie puncheon