Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

That is quite an exaggeration I must say. His all round play may not be the greatest but is nowhere near 'quite poor'. His tracking back is terrible? If that's the case, doubt Mourinho would have even got him in the first place. And you're underestimating his intelligence when it comes to movement in the attacking third.

People are just fickle over Schurrle. The minute he starts scoring again, people would be championing for us to keep him and sell others instead.

Yeah he has intelligent runs, but in terms when to pass, when to shoot, when to cross, he is average. He cant step on the ball and create attack. Well obviously he can once every 10 attempts, but that is just poor. And he might track back, but his way of defending is not good. I remember him and Iva being caught out few times.

All in all, even if he starts scoring, I think he will be an impact sub at best. He is that in Nt and he is that in Chelsea. Im OK with Schurrle (unlike some who want to ditch him after few bad games), but IMO he just isnt allround enough to be a starter here.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he has intelligent runs, but in terms when to pass, when to shoot, when to cross, he is average. He cant step on the ball and create attack. Well obviously he can once every 10 attempts, but that is just poor. And he might track back, but his way of defending is not good. I remember him and Iva being caught out few times.

All in all, even if he starts scoring, I think he will be an impact sub at best. He is that in Nt and he is that in Chelsea. Im OK with Schurrle (unlike some who want to ditch him after few bad games), but IMO he just isnt allround enough to be a starter here.

Give examples then because that sounds like it all came from that one game at Man City, where we conceded that late goal. Moreover, to say he can only score once from 10 attempts is an exaggeration, an exaggeration made because he's been shooting a lot in recent games. Yet, if you look at last season, that wasn't even the case.

Give examples then because that sounds like it all came from that one game at Man City, where we conceded that late goal. Moreover, to say he can only score once from 10 attempts is an exaggeration, an exaggeration made because he's been shooting a lot in recent games. Yet, if you look at last season, that wasn't even the case.

Basicaly everytime he played, our right side was more open, more than when Willian plays.

All Im saying is that Mourinho game is based on counter attacks and you need players who can finish, pass, cross or dribble, depending on situation to get such tactics efficient. And Schurrle (partly Willian too) have been too hot/cold in time here. While Schrrle is still young, Willian is on his peak most probably. But I see Schurrle as impact sub, nothing more, sorry. He is good player and can score goals, has top runs, but thats about it.

Basicaly everytime he played, our right side was more open, more than when Willian plays.

All Im saying is that Mourinho game is based on counter attacks and you need players who can finish, pass, cross or dribble, depending on situation to get such tactics efficient. And Schurrle (partly Willian too) have been too hot/cold in time here. While Schrrle is still young, Willian is on his peak most probably. But I see Schurrle as impact sub, nothing more, sorry. He is good player and can score goals, has top runs, but thats about it.

Anyone can easily say that and it's almost invalid when you can't back it up with examples...

thats because shurrle is willing to go forward moreso than willian and the exact reason why jose benches him for willian....

Reus in, Schuerrle out.... good idea. I like the Koke rumors too with Mikel and probably Ramires going elsewhere in the future. With those two players and the upcoming youth, Chelsea begin to look very solid. Will need to add depth and youth at fullback positions and another striker somewhere along the way.

I can't answer the question on Mourinho being one of the best with tactical play on the footballing planet with 100% certainty, but I believe 100% that he knows how to build a solid squad to compete with the biggest clubs.

Best wishes for CFC.

With Salah looks like will go on loan in January, I don't think we will swap Schurrle with Reus, unless loaned back to the respective club immediately.

I prefer we buy Reus with cash. Play Reus at PL, Schurrle compete with Willian for the spot in CL or cup games. Still think that the best scenario.

Disagree with that, he was excellent in this regard last season. Made very good decisions that opened up the defence. Can't remember too many but examples would be like away at Gala or his assist in the super cup/world cup. He's been very selfish so far but his decision making last season was one of the better ones in our squad.

If Salah is moving out then I think we can afford to keep him here + Reus.

Ideally we would have Schurrle, Reus, Hazard, Wllian for 2 spots. Really it'd be Willian, Reus, and Shirley for the RW, downside of that is they are not naturally RW's and none are left footed. Though Reus is proficient with both feet

As far as I'm concerned a guy (Schurrle) good enough to get loads of playing time for Germany, and net crucial goals is good enough for this Chelsea side. But if we are able to get Reus in a swap, I'd give him up in a heartbeat.

When it comes to the offense I would say that there are extremely few options available in the market that could improve us.
Players such as Talisca are far too raw to be considered just yet (although Mou seems to be a huge fan), while other interesting options such as Firmino would most likely be a marginal (if at all) improvement on Oscar.

We do however still have the right flank that we can not seem to really work out. I value Schurrle and Willian, but they are both the wrong type of starters for the team that Chelsea is today. Schurrle is a direct player, but he lacks the creativity and finess of players such as Götze/Hazard/Reus, while Willian just lacks the end-product.
One might argue that Willian provides enough in the defense to make up for it, but at the end of the day his true purpose is to create/score goals, not to keep the opposition from doing so (of course doing both would be ideal).

Now, in my opinion Reus would be a dream purchase. There arent many players on the market not only able to improve us, but of such a great money/value ratio.
Reus is end-product personified, he is also a lot smarter than Schurrle in the way he plays and can make good use of space better. He is perfect both for counters and possession.
There is also the huge plus of him being in Dortmund, a team known for its hard-working players and collective spirit.

I would say that the only problem is with him being best in Hazard's position, but we all know that Hazard rarely stays in the same position the whole game.
Hazard and Oscar are in great form, and we reap the results right now; imagine adding another excellent player to the offensive midfield and how that would make our already potent attacks even more dangerous.

Reus is no Willian when it comes to defense, but I have no doubt that the overall benefit to the team with having Reus in it would be greater than with Schurrle/Willian.

Chelsea outcast Schurrle has been mooted as a possible makeweight in any deal for Reus with #BVB, with Salah also available. #CFC (Express)

Mourinho wants Reus to replace Willian on the right of his attacking midfield three #CFC (Express)

Chelsea begin talks to sign Marco Reus as Mourinho orders £20m deal

Metro: Chelsea close on Marco Reus transfer as Jose Mourinho orders £20m deal #CFC

I don't like to see only daily express and metro reporting it all this time. Where is Sky Nigeria when you need it?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You