UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

bullishit

the premier league has shit defenders, the Ligue 1 does not have a great quality, but defenses are more aggresive and physical, the referees whistle less the fouls.

There are prairies in the premier, La Liga is better.

I do not understand why, if the Premier is best league in wolrd, there are only 2 teams in CL and 0 teams in El. la LIga has 5 teams in Europe, 3 in Cl and 2 EL.

considering MU will be destroyed by Bayern, the EPl have only 1 team with the possibility to go in the semifinal of CL and 0 in EL

and again

Lione-tottenham(top 5 in EPL) 5-3

Don't pretend to watch the league. You have to play physical when your game is as slow as molasses, anyone with some sort of speed has a lot of real estate to work with in Ligue 1. The Premier is at least as physical as the french league but the game is played magnitudes faster. There is also far less space to work it, the French league is physical I'll give it that but there's about as much space as Serie A and our players aren't usually spoiled by all that space to work around in. I don't think PSG is going to adapt well to how compressed our team will have them, and they won't be able to out muscle us or out pace us. Our whole team will work to compress and squeeze the life out of the team and it doubt its something PSG have experienced yet this season.

Lucas has done better against Barca.

Lucas is faster, better dribbler, with better vision, more aggresive in defense than willan.

The only problem of Lucas is that he has a bad decision making.

Honestly do you believe FIFA14 stats were delivered by the Angel Gabriel himself? Get out of here.

Oh come on you can't be serious. The Premier league is the most physical league in the world.

"the premier league has shit defenders" Ridiculous statement.

"La Liga is better" That really is a completely different discussion. i disagree but like i said different discussion. This is about Ligue 1 vs Premier league.

Don't really get what you're trying to prove with the "lione- Tottenham 5-3"

Tottenham lost against a French team so that means the French league is better ? Tottenham sucks ! :lol:

Premier League >> Ligue 1. That is simply not up for debate.

I have to admit that I am scared to death to play against a Mourinho's team.
No one in France will ever tell you that we are in the top 4 leagues; no one brought that up.
Football is more popular in England than France; and it's not even close.
I still have a hard time understanding why there are so many popular clubs in London. There's just 1 club in Paris playing in front of 49,000 of their own fans; the stadium was not always full before the Qatar's era.
Ligue 1 is still the fifth richest league if I'm not mistaken; stop making fun of the other football leagues.

I have to admit that I am scared to death to play against a Mourinho's team.
No one in France will ever tell you that we are in the top 4 leagues; no one brought that up.
Football is more popular in England than France; and it's not even close.
I still have a hard time understanding why there are so many popular clubs in London. There's just 1 club in Paris playing in front of 49,000 of their own fans; the stadium was not always full before the Qatar's era.
Ligue 1 is still the fifth richest league if I'm not mistaken; stop making fun of the other football leagues.

Where in my posts did i make fun of other football leagues ? :carlo:

Where in my posts did i make fun of other football leagues ? :carlo:

Never mind, don't worry about It.
Anyway, I just follow the biggest teams and not the best league. Barca, Real, Bayern and MU are the other teams I watch.
I'm yet to see a Chelsea's fan saying that PSG will qualify; that's great considering that it's 50/50 according to the bookies.
I woulda loved to talk with people living in London, but It looks as if all your fans are foreigner lol.

Never mind, don't worry about It.
Anyway, I just follow the biggest teams and not the best league. Barca, Real, Bayern and MU are the other teams I watch.
I'm yet to see a Chelsea's fan saying that PSG will qualify; that's great considering that it's 50/50 according to the bookies.
I woulda loved to talk with people living in London, but It looks as if all your fans are foreign lol.

The game is 50-50, that's why you won't see any Chelsea fan saying PSG will qualify. What kind of fan thinks another team will qualify if it's a 50/50 game?

No doubt, this is going to be a close and interesting game and most Chelsea fans I know (in real life, not on this forum) don't believe we have an easy pass into the SFs. If anything, they appreciate that PSG are a good team filled with very good players whilst we are also the same (but our key offensive players are also very young + Matic is ineligible). If Matic was available I'd be more confident.

I'm pretty sure you just proved how shit Ligue 1 is with that GIF. That is some of the most hilarious defending I have ever seen! :lol:

oh yes even the defenders of Real and barca are shit :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTu5eNWJ_0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUtMph3UdZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUZ2ERWdiQ

oh yes even the defenders of Real and barca are shit :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, they are :lol:

Puyol aside, I wouldn't want any of their defenders at Chelsea. Pique, Barca's best defender, failed miserably in the EPL. But let's not drift off topic here.

It was a friendly against Real... And yeah the defenders of Barca are actually, Milan last year put two past them, Bayern seven. Real Madrid B beat them too. It was the worst Barca side in the last 5 years.

As a matter of fact, they are :lol:

Puyol aside, I wouldn't want any of their defenders at Chelsea. Pique, Barca's best defender, failed miserably in the EPL. But let's not drift off topic here.

he has not failed, he was very young, only 18 years old.

Bergkamp and Henry were absolutely nothing in the Serie A 90s(the best league in history with Serie A 80s), so, there are not great players?

The game is 50-50, that's why you won't see any Chelsea fan saying PSG will qualify. What kind of fan thinks another team will qualify if it's a 50/50 game?

No doubt, this is going to be a close and interesting game and most Chelsea fans I know (in real life, not on this forum) don't believe we have an easy pass into the SFs. If anything, they appreciate that PSG are a good team filled with very good players whilst we are also the same (but our key offensive players are also very young + Matic is ineligible). If Matic was available I'd be more confident.

I, too, have a difficult time analyzing the tie. There are so many question marks. If PSG played in a better league, I would have more answers.
I personally think that we will get knocked out; I have been disappointed so many times with what the French clubs did in Europe.
Next season should be better provided that we recruit Pogba, Alves, Varane and a left winger first and foremost (cr7, Hazard, or the cream of the crop).

It was a friendly against Real... And yeah the defenders of Barca are actually, Milan last year put two past them, Bayern seven. Real Madrid B beat them too. It was the worst Barca side in the last 5 years.

Chelsea was owed by Corinthians and Juventus :rolleyes:

he has not failed, he was very young, only 18 years old.

Bergkamp and Henry were absolutely nothing in the Serie A 90s(the best league in history with Serie A 80s), so, there are not great players?

He was 22 when he left united after making 12 appearances in 4 seasons. Pique is an excellent footballer, just a shit defender.

To get back on topic, I think Lucas is a good player. Lots of pace and dribbling ability, but he's not world class. He's not up to the level of players like Hazard, Reus, Robben, Ribery..etc let alone Messi and Ronaldo.

I woulda loved to talk with people living in London, but It looks as if all your fans are foreigner lol.

Do English people have special eyes or what? We pretty much watch the same football game, read the same news, watch the same interviews, we even watch the same TV station (Sky Sports/BT Sport), even though we are foreigners. The passion is the same all around the world, the only difference is that they have the chance to go to matches more often than us, the foreigners.

Or is the fact that you need a degree in football to make the difference between Chelsea and Paris? Or EPL and Ligue 1?

IIRC, every single fan here on this forum said the chances are pretty much equal, with a slight advantage for Chelsea because of some factors - Chelsea's experience in this competition, Jose Mourinho, 2nd leg in London and last but not least, the fact that this will be the biggest test for Paris this season. I agree this Paris team has some world-class players in it and they deserve the 1st place in the League 1 standings, but is the opposition we're talking about here on this forum. Chelsea has had games against City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, United this season, while Paris has played against Mickey Mouse and Tooth Fairy. That's why no one on this forum is impressed about Paris yet. We haven't really seen what they are capable of. You feel me? This team has kept a clean sheet at the Etihad against a monster of a team, hasn't conceded a single goal against Tottenham and Arsenal in four matches this season, Terry and Cahill are rock solid, Hazard is playing better and better by every game. Why wouldn't we be confident about this leg? The only thing is that people are not impressed by your side winning against second hand teams. City used to put five or six past every team that visited the Etihad. Still, they couldn't score against Chelsea... It's all about the big games mate, and Paris hasn't had many this season...

I, too, have a difficult time analyzing the tie. There are so many question marks. If PSG played in a better league, I would have more answers.
I personally think that we will get knocked out; I have been disappointed so many times with what the French clubs did in Europe.
Next season should be better provided that we recruit Pogba, Alves, Varane and a left winger first and foremost (cr7, Hazard, or the cream of the crop).

You really think PSG will get all those players? lol

Btw this is not aimed at you (who I am quoting), but some of these PSG fans are so deluded that it's getting annoying.

Lucas made one greatrun from the defence, not passing to anyone(!!!) in the process and ended up with nothing at all really. That is the best thing he has done in his career. Compare that to what Hazard and Oscar, for example, have done in their careers.

Do English people have special eyes or what? We pretty much watch the same football game, read the same news, watch the same interviews, we even watch the same TV station (Sky Sports/BT Sport), even though we are foreigners. The passion is the same all around the world, the only difference is that they have the chance to go to matches more often than us, the foreigners.

Or is the fact that you need a degree in football to make the difference between Chelsea and Paris? Or EPL and Ligue 1?

IIRC, every single fan here on this forum said the chances are pretty much equal, with a slight advantage for Chelsea because of some factors - Chelsea's experience in this competition, Jose Mourinho, 2nd leg in London and last but not least, the fact that this will be the biggest test for Paris this season. I agree this Paris team has some world-class players in it and they deserve the 1st place in the League 1 standings, but is the opposition we're talking about here on this forum. Chelsea has had games against City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, United this season, while Paris has played against Mickey Mouse and Tooth Fairy. That's why no one on this forum is impressed about Paris yet. We haven't really seen what they are capable of. You feel me? This team has kept a clean sheet at the Etihad against a monster of a team, hasn't conceded a single goal against Tottenham and Arsenal in four matches this season, Terry and Cahill are rock solid, Hazard is playing better and better by every game. Why wouldn't we be confident about this leg? The only thing is that people are not impressed by your side winning against second hand teams. City used to put five or six past every team that visited the Etihad. Still, they couldn't score against Chelsea... It's all about the big games mate, and Paris hasn't had many this season...

Well, I'm not used to reading posts written by foreigners on French forums. Your club is more popular outside England than I thought.
Anyway, I somewhat agree with what you wrote. However, PSG did very well against the "Mickey Mouse" clubs. Every time PSG played a team for the first time in the champions league this season, they battered the opposition. Olympiakos 1-4, Benfica 3-0, Anderlecht 0-5, Leverkusen 0-4.
It's been so easy that they always pass the ball around to save up energy. Ball possession is very important in football. Very
few teams can keep the ball as often as PSG.
I'm so surprised that Chelsea could win 2 major trophies despite the fact that your ball possession % was not high.