test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

28. César Azpilicueta

Started by BlueLion.,

2,606 posts in this topic
On 21/09/2019 at 4:41 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Liked a post on 433’s page on City smashing Watford 

This is our captain 

Jesus I suppose that means anything. Considering numerous footballers all over the world like posts about other teams or players etc. Do people really care that fucking much 🤣 its just modern day football. 

He played well today I felt. 

Is no one going to mention Azpi's improved form? Got criticized so much not too long ago (the abuse in particular was unwarranted) but has greatly rediscovered his old self over the last month or so. He might be approaching the wrong side of 30 but he still got life in him yet.
Defensively played like one of the best again, like he used to.

Pressing players, nicking the ball and playing it forward he was good too. Still can't cross though lol which is weird because when he was the 3rd cb coming forward a little more centrally the guy played brilliant balls into Morata.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Defensively played like one of the best again, like he used to.

Pressing players, nicking the ball and playing it forward he was good too. Still can't cross though lol which is weird because when he was the 3rd cb coming forward a little more centrally the guy played brilliant balls into Morata.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The return of James might have something to do with it but credit to Azpi for turning around his form. May not be great going forward (can't be helped at this point) but still can be excellent when it comes to defending. 

bigbluewillie likes this

Is no one going to mention Azpi's improved form? Got criticized so much not too long ago (the abuse in particular was unwarranted) but has greatly rediscovered his old self over the last month or so. He might be approaching the wrong side of 30 but he still got life in him yet.
He can't attack, though.

I still believe he's the best defender we have and should play at CB only.
bigbluewillie and Vybz Kartel like this

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

He can't attack, though.

I still believe he's the best defender we have and should play at CB only.

There was that chance in the first half that he shot instead of passed with 4 Chelsea players in the box. It sums him up really. If we could clone Alonso and Azpi we would have the best full back in the world imo

LAM09 likes this

There was that chance in the first half that he shot instead of passed with 4 Chelsea players in the box. It sums him up really. If we could clone Alonso and Azpi we would have the best full back in the world imo
You can't have everything, I guess.

27 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

If we could clone Alonso and Azpi we would have the best full back in the world imo

I do not think you understand what clone means

if we cloned them

we would simply have 

2 Azpis (or more)

and 2 Alonsos (or more)

perhaps you mean merge

or create a hybrid

Despiadado.Maleante likes this

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/azpilicueta-defends-hudson-odoi-over-ajax-showing-hes-going/1fw7ervs7ef6d1jgwgsdtluuh1

After managing just one clean sheet in 12 games before the international break, the Blues have now had two shut-outs in a row and Azpilicueta expressed his frustration at his own form at the start of the season.

"I have this passion for defending and not conceding goals," he added. "Obviously at the beginning of the season we were conceding a lot of goals so I was not pleased at all and I was not happy with myself. My job is to keep clean sheets and help the team.

"I know I got criticism, which was fair, because I was not at my level. My job is to work hard in training sessions, to work on my game, to keep improving and obviously I am very pleased to keep two clean sheets in a row. I am happy with the three points against a very strong side."

Vesper likes this

11 hours ago, Jason said:

spoken like a captain, love to see players take responsibility and overcome a bad start

he was bloody magnificent defensively v Ajax

let us all hope Happy and Tomori can do the same and get better on the ball

Zouma is so key in this Burnley game, as we are going up against two big, strong bully strikers, who are thugs at times, especially that rotter Barnes

it is literally the polar opposite of the challenges that Ajax presented

killer1257 likes this

Strange I don't see any complaints about azpi form anymore. Now he is protected by a winger who defend well suddenly Azpi is no longer a liability. 

33 minutes ago, communicate said:

Strange I don't see any complaints about azpi form anymore. Now he is protected by a winger who defend well suddenly Azpi is no longer a liability. 

giphy.gif

Lampard on Azpi...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/cesar-azpilicueta-chelsea-reece-james-17235170

Asked how Azpilicueta reacted to being dropped, Lampard said: "He took it as I thought he would, as a perfect professional. It was not a problem.

He wants to play, of course he does, but he also understands the quality of Reece and the fact that through the long course of the season, not just for Azpi but for every position, there is a lot of change.

"Azpi had played every minute of every game this season, barring the EFL Cup. So I don’t think it was the worst for him to have a rest. We’ve got massive games coming up after the break."

1905didierblue likes this

Horrible performance again. In my opinion, he was the worst Defender on the Pitch.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Horrible performance again. In my opinion, he was the worst Defender on the Pitch.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He saved us on a couple occasions when he moved to CB.

Just doesn't have the pace to go forward and defend anymore.