Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

• 2 weeks later...

According to some Belgian sources KRC Genk has the best papers to land his signature, it's not known if it would be a sell or loan deal..

Krc Genk has an agreement with Thorgan himself, but there are some difficulties between the clubs themselves. I'm guessing it might be due to a buying option Genk would like to obtain, or at least details surrounding such an option. Though rumours of connections between Anderlecht and Vitesse also exist, Genk indeed are most likely to sign Thorgan this transfer window, at least it currently looks that way.

I hope he signs for Anderlecht. Not sure why the media thinks Genk is the better suitor.

Anderlecht have a CL ticket, the best training complex in the country and a bunch of veterans are leaving. I think he'd walk straight into the team.

I hope he signs for Anderlecht. Not sure why the media thinks Genk is the better suitor.

Anderlecht have a CL ticket, the best training complex in the country and a bunch of veterans are leaving. I think he'd walk straight into the team.

Don't think the training complex is much difference, after all they both won Uefa prizes with their youth programs.

For CL it's the better choice off course..

Some veterans are indeed leaving, so maybe at Anderlecht could be a transition year i guess (not that the board would accept something like that). Still, a total(half) rebuild of the squad doesn't work always..

He did incredibly well last season, why would we include an option to sell him? If Genk want him they can have him on loan only. Although, since he did play in the Belgian league last season, I'd actually prefer to see him go on loan to the Bundes Liga maybe like Kevin did.

i think it's too early for him to go to the bundes liga next season, He is just 20, another season in a better belgian side could be great for his development to confirm his progress.

Anderlecht would be great because it's a great team in a poor league but they will play champions league. He would learn a lot.

i think it's too early for him to go to the bundes liga next season, He is just 20, another season in a better belgian side could be great for his development to confirm his progress.

Anderlecht would be great because it's a great team in a poor league but they will play champions league. He would learn a lot.

'Better' Belgian side? Didn't his team just miss out on the tittle to Anderlecht last season?

'Better' Belgian side? Didn't his team just miss out on the tittle to Anderlecht last season?

Indeed they were 2 points behind. But in general Rsca, Bruges, Genk and Standard are the better(bigger) sides. Zulte had an exceptional season so another one like that would be tremendous and a bit surprising..

He did incredibly well last season, why would we include an option to sell him? If Genk want him they can have him on loan only. Although, since he did play in the Belgian league last season, I'd actually prefer to see him go on loan to the Bundes Liga maybe like Kevin did.

If chelsea gets a decent offer they make a quick buck and did some good investing. Don't think he'll be playing for a team of Chelsea's level soon. Unless he keeps on developing really quick.

If chelsea gets a decent offer they make a quick buck and did some good investing. Don't think he'll be playing for a team of Chelsea's level soon. Unless he keeps on developing really quick.

The thing is, Chelsea don't care about 2-3 or even millions profit so selling is not exactly appealing to us. On the other hand, Thorgan has showed amazing development last season and might actually have a chance to make it here if he has a similar couple of seasons. So unless Thorgan himself asks the club to sell him, I don't see it happening.

Indeed, but what's 2 or 3 million for us like Choulo says..

We loaned KDB one season to Germany and he dubbled his value, we could do that with Thorgan to for 2 years or so, then we are talking some nicer numbers to sell..

Indeed, but what's 2 or 3 million for us like Choulo says..

We loaned KDB one season to Germany and he dubbled his value, we could do that with Thorgan to for 2 years or so, then we are talking some nicer numbers to sell..

Well he's not a KDB, who at this age was ripping through teams on his own at times. Sending him to loan in Germany is quite a risk and would probably mean sitting on the bench more than anything. He's not going to be a 10 mil euro player or anything soon if ever. There's a reason Belgian teams think they have a shot at getting him, and they don't think that often. If I were director of sport of a club, I wouldn't really spend much more on buying Thorgan for much more than Chelsea already did, there'd be cheaper options that would be just as good. He had a good season, but let's not get over excited either. It was in Belgium to start with and worse, none of the 'bigger' teams had a good season. Even the champions of last season, Anderlecht, were bad; yes even to Belgian standards.

• 2 weeks later...