test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Daniel Sturridge

Started by BlueLion.,

4,138 posts in this topic

looks like a good investment by roman and carlo so far,great performances in the states by him aLso against reading when he came on!

This kid looks solid, and as soon as his injury (?) is done, he should start before Kalou... at least once or twice to see what happens. Gotta try this boy out!

Personally I'm not that impressed as of yet. Not too sure what to make of newspaper stories about him not pulling his weight in training and senior players having a word in his ear telling him to buck up his idea's.

I do want him to do well, and I have no doubts that with some hard work, he will do.

i think anelka playing so well with drogba atm is playing on his mind..

ancelotti has stated fabio borini reminds him of inzagie, so sturridge will have to push his weight if he wants to replace either of them.

What is wrong with him now?

Injured?

He is not playing for a while.

He could be the best striker in premier league in the future.

i think anelka playing so well with drogba atm is playing on his mind..

ancelotti has stated fabio borini reminds him of inzagie, so sturridge will have to push his weight if he wants to replace either of them.

Not sure link is working

From The Times January 14, 2010

Chelsea could be forced to pay up to £10 million for Daniel Sturridge

<H2 class="sub-heading padding-top-5 padding-bottom-15"></H2> samsung-585_663954a.jpgChelsea will discover at a Premier League tribunal today how much they must pay Manchester City for signing Daniel Sturridge.

City were demanding £10 million for the 20-year-old striker when talks broke down, with Chelsea offering £3 million.

Sturridge signed a four-year contract at Stamford Bridge last summer after rejecting a new deal at City, but because he received the bulk of his footballing education at the City of Manchester Stadium after arriving as a 14-year-old schoolboy, the club are entitled to a development fee.

Mark Hughes, the former City manager, had been keen to retain Sturridge, who was voted the club’s Young Player of the Year at the end of the 2008-09 season, but was unable to agree terms with the player’s representatives.

function slideshowPopUp(url){pictureGalleryPopupPic(url);return false;}

Related Links

Sturridge is believed to have asked for £75,000 a week in wages to stay at City, an outrageous demand made in the knowledge that Chelsea were standing by with an offer of £40,000.

Sturridge’s departure to Barclays Premier League rivals was viewed as a significant loss by City, who were determined to gain compensation. It is understood that City would settle for a fee of £7 million today, but Chelsea will be unhappy if they have to pay more than half that amount.

Chelsea agreed in an out-of-court settlement four years ago to pay Leeds United £5 million in compensation for Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo, the teenagers, after they had been accused of making illegal approaches to the pair. Last week, Taiwo, 19, signed for Carlisle United for an undisclosed fee.

Sturridge has made little impact since joining Chelsea, making eight appearances and starting one Premier League match this season, which the club may seek to use in their favour to secure a low settlement. Chelsea will also point out that Sturridge made only 24 appearances for City in a more modest team.

But Sturridge is enjoying his best run in the side, having scored his first goals for the club in the 5-0 FA Cup win over Watford 11 days ago.

Carlo Ancelotti, the manager, took the first-team squad for a meal last week to thank them for their efforts in finishing 2009 at the top of the Premier League. “It’s the first time since I have been playing that a manager has taken everyone out and paid for it as well,” John Terry, the captain, said.

@ Fulham Broadway;

He would be absolutely worth it in my opinion ;). But that doesn't leave me saying that it is okay, because 10 million concerning 'education costs' seems a bit out of order to me.

And a very nice move of Ancelotti btw!

Edited by Blueboy

he has more of a chance at making it here than borini & di santo, his confidence and almost cocky attitude at times is exactly what we need from youngsters trying to break into the first team. Although i don't think anelka will be going anywhere in the summer so he will have to remain patient and make the most of his opportunities.

I think Anelka is off in the summer, not so much us getting rid, but him leaving.

I think he has a slightly better chance than Borini but that's down to him already being more of a proven player given the opportunities he's has both with Chelsea and Manchester City

He looks a very bright prospect. I'm looking forward to him maturing and becoming a first team regular over the next couple of years. I hope it works out like that anyway.

Sturridge has worked very hard this season, scored when given the chances and worked very hard (sometimes trying too hard) when asked to play for the reserves, hopefully will get more chances next season because he can grow into a top player given the time.

I really hope he gets more games under his belt this season. God I love the guy, really want him to succed at Chelsea. Can be a great player in the future!blue%20scalf.gif

I really hope he gets more games under his belt this season. God I love the guy, really want him to succed at Chelsea. Can be a great player in the future!blue%20scalf.gif

He certainly has all the tools to be a great pace based striker !

Sturridge looks to future

Chelsea youngster overcomes difficult start to life in capital

Last updated: 17th September 2010

Chelsea hot-shot Daniel Sturridge is relishing the future after overcoming a difficult start to life in London.

The 21-year-old found it hard to adjust to life at first in the capital after quitting Manchester City in July 2009 for an initial tribunal fee of £3.5million.

As well as missing his family, the youngster was also labelled as arrogant by his critics after leaving City for London.

But the striker, who scored on his full UEFA Champions League debut in the 4-1 win over MSK Zilina this week, insists the accusation is not the case and he is now looking to push on.

"It was hard me for because I am young. It was difficult moving from Manchester to London. I was away from my family for about four or five months when I first joined the club.

"I am used to having them around me. In the second half of the season, it was different because they were with me and raised my spirits."

Arrogant guy

"Some people had the opinion that I was an arrogant guy and I didn't work for the team and that hurt me a lot.

"It hurt me because I didn't believe it. Never in my life have I been an arrogant guy and it was very hurtful to hear people say things like that about me because I know I am not that type of person.

"Obviously, you then go home sometimes and feel very, very upset and you don't know what to do. For me, when that type of stuff was going on, it was very hard for me to be alone. I just want to show everyone that I am not that type of guy."

He added: "When people meet me they realise I am actually not that type of guy. I am just trying to get as far as I can in football. Hopefully, I can push those things aside and prove to people that I am not like that.

"It was hard me for because I am young. It was difficult moving from Manchester to London. I was away from my family for about four or five months when I first joined the club.

"I am used to having them around me. In the second half of the season, it was different because they were with me and raised my spirits."

Praised help

Sturridge praised his team-mates for helping him adjust to life in London, adding he now feels like a Chelsea player.

"When I was here on my own, the players helped me a lot. They put their arms around me and told me to keep my mind on football and not worry about anything because my time would come," he said.

"Now I feel I am a Chelsea player and part of everything. The team here has been together for a long time and it was very hard for me to become a part of things. The boys made me very welcome when I first joined the club, they showed me a lot of love.

"I was very happy they did that for me because sometimes it is hard when you join the club as a new player and you don't know anyone.

"But I believe I have become a better player and I hope I can play more often with these world class players.

"Carlo Ancelotti is the best manager I have worked with. He gives you huge confidence and has huge faith in me. Hopefully I will be able to repay him."

=-SSN=-

Good on Danny to adapt! It's not easy for these young guys to move away from their families or friends, but seeing him over come it shows how mature he is now.

Good on Danny to adapt! It's not easy for these young guys to move away from their families or friends, but seeing him over come it shows how mature he is now.

he is to be congratulated on the change in his attitude ..keep it up Danny ..you have a great future ahead

Daniel Sturridge: I'm not like other players... I have only one girlfriend and I really wanted to be a wrestler

Let's dispel a couple of myths: some footballers do like going to the theatre and Daniel Sturridge is not an overpaid brat. In fact, the Chelsea striker never wanted to be a footballer in the first place.

'When I was six or seven, I was never really into football,' says Sturridge, warming himself up after a freezing hour-and-a-half doing his bit for England's 2018 bid near Heathrow.

'I wanted to be a wrestler. It seemed so real. I used to have all the figures and a little ring and every bit of pocket money I had I used to buy new ones. I still have them now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz16Ni5TKzA