Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Hi all city fan here, i was going to create a new topic but saw this so here goes. A very respected itk of a city forum has today said a deal is in place for danny to join you this summer with you getting 8m and us getting Anelka in return!

The itk has contacts within the club and has been right on a few occasions, do you believe this is a good deal?

Personaly i'll be gutted to see danny leave he will one day be the hottest striker in the prem!

Hi all city fan here, i was going to create a new topic but saw this so here goes. A very respected itk of a city forum has today said a deal is in place for danny to join you this summer with you getting 8m and us getting Anelka in return!

The itk has contacts within the club and has been right on a few occasions, do you believe this is a good deal?

Personaly i'll be gutted to see danny leave he will one day be the hottest striker in the prem!

His contract runs out in the summer why would we do that when we can just have him?

Lets stop talking shit now !

Although his deal ends in the summer, there will still be a fee as he is under 24.

To be set by a tribunal, like i said its on a city website called bluevibe i'm only passing on the info not chattin shit!

It makes sense packaging a player swap deal as thier are other clubs looking at daniel who could offer big wages ie villa who are is childhood club i believe, plus he would get more 1st team action.

Anelka aint getting any younger and he is a greedy cnut who likes lots of moolah and we got shit loads of that.

I would like to see us sign Sturridge. I can see us looking at English talent like him and possible Ashley Young. The deal mentioned could be possible. £8m for Anelka plus whatever the tribunal sets for Sturridge. So we would be getting about £10m for Anelka i think....

I would be fairly happy to see that happen i think.

I would like to see us sign Sturridge. I can see us looking at English talent like him and possible Ashley Young. The deal mentioned could be possible. £8m for Anelka plus whatever the tribunal sets for Sturridge. So we would be getting about £10m for Anelka i think....

I would be fairly happy to see that happen i think.

Sturridge is a finisher with good vision and power. He is much better than sinclair and he would be a brilliant buy.

• 5 weeks later...

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has pricked the ears of a clutch of his team's Premier League rivals after revealing that he has put a full stop to contract negotiations with striker Daniel Sturridge.

The 19-year-old’s deal expires in the summer and he now seems set to leave Eastlands on a free transfer.

Chelsea, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers are all interested observers of the apparent impasse, with the latter club reportedly mooting a swap deal involving long-term City target Roque Santa Cruz.

Hughes said of Sturridge: “We put in an offer but it was declined so we won’t be going back.”

The future of Sturridge, like that of the rest of the City players, remains the domain of Hughes, though there have been suggestions that City's manager has less autonomy on the subject of player recruitment.

Daniel Sturridge could be set to leave Manchester City after contract talks ground to a halt.

The 19-year-old striker is out of contract this summer and has been in negotiations with City bosses over a new deal.

The Academy product is believed to be pushing for a £40,000-a-week package after scoring six goals from 32 senior appearances, which have included 12 starts.

But manager Mark Hughes confirmed on Sunday that the club's latest offer has been turned down and there are no plans to re-open talks.

Good offer

"We have made an offer which is a good offer for Daniel at this stage of his career and that was refused a couple of weeks back," he said in the Manchester Evening News.

"Where we are at the moment needs a shift in position from his advisors."

Sturridge would be available on a free transfer and Chelsea and Aston Villa are believed to be monitoring the situation, although either would have to pay City compensation for the youngster.

City are now expected to turn their attention to bringing in two high-profile strikers over the summer.

The likes of Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o, Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor, Chelsea's Didier Drogba and Portsmouth's Peter Crouch have all been linked with the Blues, while Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz has been a long-term target.

"I am going to have a couple of days off now but the phone will be on and I will be busy all the way through the summer," Hughes added.

Both are excellent players and I wouldn't mind seeing both at Chelsea, in all honesty, where they can learn from two of the world's greatest strikers in Drogba and Anelka, and compete against each other for first team recognition, potentially getting the best out of the two. They're both completely different types of striker anyway, you can't really compare them - hence the reason why having both would be a lovely option.

I would be quite happy to see us sign sturridge. But as it looks like we are going to sign Arnautovic, and with Didier, Anelka and Di Santo currently on the books we will have too many strikers, especially as we only play 1.

I think we don't need more young strikers becasue we don't even use them. Have many minutes Di Santo spend on the pitch at all ? 30 ? 35? We already got Ben Sahara , Frank Nouble if we start buy another strikers we will only waste thier gift if they don't get more chance to play...

I think we don't need more young strikers becasue we don't even use them. Have many minutes Di Santo spend on the pitch at all ? 30 ? 35? We already got Ben Sahara , Frank Nouble if we start buy another strikers we will only waste thier gift if they don't get more chance to play...

Sturridge is an interesting signing because he is English, and we will once again either need to bring through our own English talent or sign some because homegrown rules will soon be in the Premiership and FIFA are doing everything they can to make teams have even more.

Our interest in Arnautovic seems very real. Arnautovic is 20 years old, Sturridge is 19, Di Santo is 20. Playing 1 striker (assuming that is what the new manager will do also) means that ideally we would have 3 "out and out" strikers in the squad. At the moment it is Drogba, Anelka and Di Santo. We most certainly would not let Drogba and Anelka go and have the 3 above as they are too young to solely lead the line for us. And it would be unlikely that we would have 5 strikers in the squad.