test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeB

Salomón Rondón

Started by SeB,

80 posts in this topic

According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea were scouting Venezuela and Malaga striker Salomon Rondon who appears to be a very exciting prospect. I don't usually watch Liga and I've never seen him play but from what I just read on him I might find an opportunity to see him play. His valuation is £20m

He scored 11 goals in 29+8 games whereas he was expected to be benched at the benefit of Van Nistelrooy. He's excellent in the air (4th FW in terms of aerial duels won per game, 89/185 and 2.4 per game) thanks to his 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) height and 86kg (do the conversion yourself lol).

I just chat with a Valencia fan who said to me he's a great finisher with a great positionning in the box, he's also very good on the ball:

2.6 shots per game, 0.5 dribbles

He has good assisting stats as well: 4 assists and 26 key passes, fouled 1.8 times per game. He commits 1.1 fouls per game and loses the ball often though 2 times dispossessed per game (tackled) and give 1.7 times the ball back to the opposition

http://www.dailymail...mon-Rondon.html

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25964

capriccioso likes this

Salomon, you say? :D

Yes, it's a facepalmesque rumour considering there is probably only 2 football players called Salomon in the world but the guy seems to be worth it

capriccioso likes this

I believe there is literally zero substance to this story.

Wouldn't fit in this team at all, and there is no reason why the board would want him that I can think of.

Malaga also wouldn't want/need to sell.

Great poacher though.

KonohasOrangeFlash likes this

Yes, it's a facepalmesque rumour considering there is probably only 2 football players called Salomon in the world but the guy seems to be worth it

Only because of his name! :P

I've never heard of him before though, not even in FM.

Neither do I, I'm rather thickheaded when it happens to look what happens in the world of football outside UK :ph34r:

He is good.

But this is Malaga. They got more cash then us, why the hell would they need to sell one of their top stars?

Not a very hefty price to pay :D:P

True. :lol:

Seriously though, some of the name that we have been linked with is just silly. And why would Malaga sell one of their better players when they are in the Champions League next season and are bankrolled by a wealthy owner themselves?!

Justin_3d likes this

This whole rumor started because there was some Chelsea scout at the game where Peru played Venezuela.

I would think they be looking at another target instead of a Malaga player.....

The same can be said for you! Where have you been all these days?

To be honest I really never thought anyone would miss me here. B)

I have a lot things to do right now (school)... :D

capriccioso likes this

Host of reports are saying we are one of a few premier league clubs interested in Salomon Rondon. He had a decent season at Malaga and is good both in the air and also very fast and has age on his side. They will demand a fee reportdely of around £20m or more, quite expensive but I wouldn't mind a young striker like him who has age on his side and can provide decent competition to Torres

No striker is welcome. Torres and Sturridge deserve their chance.

Not again about Torres and deserving his chance, god please !

Anyway I doubt they would sell him and also I do not want him. We have Torres and Sturridge as stated above.