test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

"I like to have the ball. Not in my own half, but in the last 30 metres. I like this type of game, it's completely different from Antonio Conte or [Jose] Mourinho before. Like I say, we have more of the ball so for me it's not bad.''

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its people's comments like this that makes me want Hazard to get 35 goals + assists and prove them all wrong. Especially this season as he's finally playing under an attacking coach in Chelsea. 

So far, he's gotten a goal/assist in every game, so hopefully he keeps this going.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 1:19 AM, kellzfresh said:

Its people's comments like this that makes me want Hazard to get 35 goals + assists and prove them all wrong. Especially this season as he's finally playing under an attacking coach in Chelsea. 

So far, he's gotten a goal/assist in every game, so hopefully he keeps this going.

Yeah while the rant may be irrelevant, there is always some truth in numbers. IMO ignoring stats and numbers would be as myopic as taking them at face value. ;)

Notice that the stats presented are mostly around UEFA, and I'd add tough matches.

Yes, Eden has had an excellent start of the season. However, I'm most interested in Eden's performances in tough (esp away) games where we need our star player to make a difference. Hope the new system will help him do just that.

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thorgan had a good game too didn't he? And at a complete loss as to why Bats went on loan. Has to be because he wasn't as expensive or had the 'potential' as Morata. Fingers crossed tho eh!

Edens cracking goal @ 3:20

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thorgan had a good game too didn't he? And at a complete loss as to why Bats went on loan. Has to be because he wasn't as expensive or had the 'potential' as Morata. Fingers crossed tho eh!

Edens cracking goal @ 3:20

 

What a goal! How I wish he shoots like this for us when hes in similar tight positions. Just create the space and fire Hazard....

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

What a goal! How I wish he shoots like this for us when hes in similar tight positions. Just create the space and fire Hazard....

Infuriating sometines innit. He could easily get in the running for the Golden Boot if he was more direct like this.

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you catch Edens 'Nod' celebration instead of the long corner slide! Looks like a man on a mission

 

John McGinn didn't know what to do here did he. Up n down like a yoyo

 

 

Starman60 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season, both for club and country, Eden looks like a man on a mission. I think that he is probably finally realising that he has been on the verge of breaking into that "World Superstar" bracket and this season is the one to dispel his doubters. This is the one where he makes that final step up to super stardom. People have talked about him and said "Yes he's good, but not quite Ronaldo or Messi". Eden knows he has the ability, and I think he is really going to show people what he really has to give to football, and he will thrive under Sarri. Hopefully I am right, but on a sad note, if this is what he does, I think he will be gone next season to the sunny Spanish shores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2018 at 9:19 AM, kellzfresh said:

Its people's comments like this that makes me want Hazard to get 35 goals + assists and prove them all wrong. Especially this season as he's finally playing under an attacking coach in Chelsea. 

So far, he's gotten a goal/assist in every game, so hopefully he keeps this going.

Salah has one good season and now he's up there with them lot AND can't be compared to Hazard? Give me a break. Deluded idiots.

Vesper, kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Just scored the 0-1 against Iceland. So now he is directly involved in 27 goals in his last 27 games for belgium

Thats what he can do in an attacking system. I'm hoping for big things from him this season.

Hamilton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

It's not, really.

Unless Hazard renews, we are fucked.

This was the window to sell him, hey turns 28 in 3 and a half months (so whoever buys him only gets an under 30 Eden for a season and a half), and with only one year left on contract, we either will be forced to sell him at cut-rate price (like Courtois) or lose him on a free in June, 2020.

Price wise, I think it will be a miracle if we get £125m for him, we probably will settle for £100-110m. Why would a club pay more if they can get him for free 10 months later?

Zidane has at least of 50/50 shot at being Manure's manager, and that further fucks us (not just on Eden) but then I highly doubt Rashford or Martial will leave.

It would be anthoer miracle if we can play the Mancs v Real

and come out with

a swap

Eden plus Willian for Martial and Rashford (maybe Luke Saw tossed in, or even better, Diogo Dalot, but now I AM dreaming) <<<<<<<<<<< this is a catch 22, as to get Martial and Rashford (and Mo is the Willian driver, not ZZ), we need Mo to stay, but ZZ is the driver on the Hazard deal with the Mancs

or

Eden plus Alonso for Kovacic on a perm plus Vinícius Júnior and RB Álvaro Odriozola (and maybe some cash tossed in by us as well, say £10-20m, as those 3 RM players are worth around £150-160m en toto)  <<<< THIS I would take in a flash

The Hazard situ (if he refuses to renew) can REALLY fuck up the club partially, IF we bollocks it up, which I would say is a deffo possibility, given our boards outright SHIT performance the last few years.

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

It's not, really.

Unless Hazard renews, we are fucked.

This was the window to sell him, hey turns 28 in 3 and a half months (so whoever buys him only gets an under 30 Eden for a season and a half), and with only one year left on contract, we either will be forced to sell him at cut-rate price (like Courtois) or lose him on a free in June, 2020.

Price wise, I think it will be a miracle if we get £125m for him, we probably will settle for £100-110m. Why would a club pay more if they can get him for free 10 months later?

Zidane has at least of 50/50 shot at being Manure's manager, and that further fucks us (not just on Eden) but then I highly doubt Rashford or Martial will leave.

It would be anthoer miracle if we can play the Mancs v Real

and come out with

a swap

Eden plus Willian for Martial and Rashford (maybe Luke Saw tossed in, or even better, Diogo Dalot, but now I AM dreaming) <<<<<<<<<<< this is a catch 22, as to get Martial and Rashford (and Mo is the Willian driver, not ZZ), we need Mo to stay, but ZZ is the driver on the Hazard deal with the Mancs

or

Eden plus Alonso for Kovacic on a perm plus Vinícius Júnior and RB Álvaro Odriozola (and maybe some cash tossed in by us as well, say £10-20m, as those 3 RM players are worth around £150-160m en toto)  <<<< THIS I would take in a flash

The Hazard situ (if he refuses to renew) can REALLY fuck up the club partially, IF we bollocks it up, which I would say is a deffo possibility, given our boards outright SHIT performance the last few years.

its just the tought of Hazard joining manure that makes me sick, regardless if Zidane ends up there or not, we would become a laughing stock thats for sure. Im sure Eden wont fuck with us that way and surely the board arent that stupid either, but like you said im up for future deals if it means we get stronger but not in any way give our best players to United, just no ffs

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vesper said:

It's not, really.

Unless Hazard renews, we are fucked.

This was the window to sell him, hey turns 28 in 3 and a half months (so whoever buys him only gets an under 30 Eden for a season and a half), and with only one year left on contract, we either will be forced to sell him at cut-rate price (like Courtois) or lose him on a free in June, 2020.

Price wise, I think it will be a miracle if we get £125m for him, we probably will settle for £100-110m. Why would a club pay more if they can get him for free 10 months later?

Zidane has at least of 50/50 shot at being Manure's manager, and that further fucks us (not just on Eden) but then I highly doubt Rashford or Martial will leave.

It would be anthoer miracle if we can play the Mancs v Real

and come out with

a swap

Eden plus Willian for Martial and Rashford (maybe Luke Saw tossed in, or even better, Diogo Dalot, but now I AM dreaming) <<<<<<<<<<< this is a catch 22, as to get Martial and Rashford (and Mo is the Willian driver, not ZZ), we need Mo to stay, but ZZ is the driver on the Hazard deal with the Mancs

or

Eden plus Alonso for Kovacic on a perm plus Vinícius Júnior and RB Álvaro Odriozola (and maybe some cash tossed in by us as well, say £10-20m, as those 3 RM players are worth around £150-160m en toto)  <<<< THIS I would take in a flash

The Hazard situ (if he refuses to renew) can REALLY fuck up the club partially, IF we bollocks it up, which I would say is a deffo possibility, given our boards outright SHIT performance the last few years.

Like you say we won't have any leverage if he plays us down to the wire. I can see iit but lets hope he doesn't

But he wont be worth half of what Granny wanted this season I shouldn't think so I'd take Asensio seeing it would be his place he would be taking.and hopefully we already have Mat K's perm transfer already sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.