Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who want beautiful passing, teamwork, attacking football with loads of creativity and positive movement... Pep isn't for us..or well he shouldn't be.

You know who should be?

Lucien Favre -

Swiss manager of Borussia Monchengladbach. They play the most beautiful and awe-inspiring football in the country (Germany).

They do base their foundations the same way Barcelona do, but there are far more 'hoofed' balls, areal duels etc. than you would see over in Spain.

They just let go of their version of Messi in the form of Marco Reus, but if reports are to be believed, Junior Hoilett is joining them on a 4 year deal to try and fill that void.

The manager got the team to a 4th place finish this season - Improving on a 12th place finish the previous season.

Here is what they can do -

Just reading through some of these posts and i can guarantee i can pick the Chelsea "supporters" that started following us in the last year or so. What a bunch of pathetic pricks we have on this forum! Make Terry and Lampard redundant? WTF??? IS this cunt for real?? There are only so many things i can say to a twat like this.. FUCK OFF and go support Barcelona! If you want us to play like them, then you should have no problem jumping ship. And take the cunts that agree with you too..

I hope you weren't bundling me with him. I wasn't agreeing, I was just pointing out what an enormous overhaul would be needed.

If we do sign Hazard, Hulk and possibly a Right-Back... Whoever our next manager is, I'm very confident they'll win trophies. They need to add quality players into our already quality squad. Keep the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole etc in our team. Don't do what AVB did and bench them all, and it'll work wonders!

I'm very excited for next season!

Some of you guys are pretty dramatic.... Pep is a good coach and would do well here, but i don't think this should be the approach Chelsea should make. Defense wins championships (though this saying is used more in basketball and american football i think it also applies), and we shouldnt try to play a style that just isnt us. This would be a big step backwards and would take a while to make it successful. Besides with the players we are signing we are going to have plenty of attack.

Im worried that Roman will hire an interim manager for a year and await pursuing Pep next year after his year off. I dont like the idea of a lame duck manager all of next season.

I honestly want Pep, but I would tell him either you become our manager for next season or no guarantees that the job will be there next year.

Pep can bugger off to somewhere where short passing is ingrained. He's not shown at all that he's capable of making a significant paradigm shift in the philosophy of a football club. What's with this sudden craving for 3-4-3, 1 million passes per game anyway? When we beat them in the semi's it was all talk like "That's why Barca tactics will never work against quality opposition", "Pep has no plan B" and other such gloating/general dismissal of his ability. Now the guy responsible for that resigns and the same posters that were mocking it on the 25th of April suddenly crave it?

He's just the flavour of the month now he's out of work. Fuck 'pretty' football anyway, the concept of pretty football is subjective and I for one find a well executed counter attack a la Ramires and Torres at the Camp Nou infinitely more entertaining than 10000% possession, with a million passes, nearly all of which are sideways or backwards.

I'm not knocking on the guy and his achievements at all, yes, he's a fine manager, yes, he has won a truckload of trophies but there is no reason for either a drastic restructuring of how the club plays or an expensive manager to come in when we have one that's proven himself to be capable. Even if Di Matteo had wanked it up and we'd gone home trophyless or we did need a drastic restructuring, Pep's not the man for it.

Vincente Del Bosque will retire after Euro 2012 and Pep will be his successor.

Outrageous? No.

Makes Sense. He left Barca because he won everything and probably lost motivation. All he needs now is International honours and i think that makes perfect sense.

Makes Sense. He left Barca because he won everything and probably lost motivation. All he needs now is International honours and i think that makes perfect sense.

Not too mention that he is already tactically similar to Vincente De Bosque and the Spanish National Team already uses the Tiki-Taka philosophy.

Well it has half of his players too lol, The Midfield is dominated by Barca and that's the area where they are so good. Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets. And they will produce more. I think he's eyed this 'break' targetting Del Bosque leaving. Also internation football isn't day to day so he can still have spells out and get back into football slowly.

What's he going to do if someone like Switzerland decide to park 2 banks of 4 in front of goal?

That already happened in 2010 lol and Spain lost but not under Guardiola. I know ppl say they don't have a plan B but in all honestly, they did cut through us a lot of times and we were lucky to get through. All teams struggle against the bus parking, who wouldn't?

That already happened in 2010 lol and Spain lost but not under Guardiola. I know ppl say they don't have a plan B but in all honestly, they did cut through us a lot of times and we were lucky to get through. All teams struggle against the bus parking, who wouldn't?

It was a tongue in cheek post, I was implying that he would resign immediately after that :lol: