• Essien
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Torres
    • (SUB) Mikel
    • (SUB) Mata
    • (SUB) Cole

Considering the circumstances, I think we did pretty well. Exceptional defensive performance (Bosingwa included, despite one mistake) and the goalkeeper was solid too. No complaints with the contributions of Mikel, Malouda, Essien or Oriol, yet the front three were all very, very poor.

Overall happy with the performance and the point. We will take six points from QPR and Blackburn, and I think if we can at least draw away at Anfield, should we beat Newcastle then 4th is not too distant a target. However FA Cup and UCL should now be our priorities.

Donot agree with Sturridge's volley thingie. He had every right to take a pop with Szczesny well out and it is very hard to connect perfectly everytime. his performance was bad but not terrible.

also, i am worried RDM has placed all his eggs on the Champions League. someone said,"we have the best chance of winnin CL this year, not next year" but are we sacrificing CL next year in an ATTEMPT to win it this year?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah crap Newcastle scored

Yeah Arsenal seemed pretty much the same as us other then a few scares...but still got into the box and seemed like they didnt know what to do..Van Persie's free kicks were pretty intresting....same thing every time which good thing really!

we supported Torres for months,can't we do the same for a center forward playing as a winger?

Torres's guilt was not being able to perform and deal with the stresses of being a 50 Million Dollar Man. Whereas Sturride can not even pass the ball.... I'm sorry But i'm tired of Supporting someone who just melts deeper and deeper into their bad habits.

Not really a reserve team if you ask me but yes not our best team also.Arsenal looked very clumsy and so yes,maybe a win would have been better,considering we are currently 6th in the league and have set the 4th place as our target,we should have won this game.

I did say basically stating it's not really a reserve team. Bosingwa? Romeu who I almost forgot we had? Essien who almost can't run? Kalou? Malouda? Sturridge? With them Torres who didn't get a single usable ball? You can't really expect that team to beat Arse at Emirates. Yes they can, but chances for that are low.

On the other hand, Barcelona is about to play Real Madrid. A very important game for them because of the league and their games with Madrid are usually really exhausting for both teams. Then we face them with a fresh squad while they are not going have their players rested that much.

It could determine the outcome of the match.

Kalou is an awful player, he had a great chance to play Torres in, screwed it up... Sorry but a League 1 player could of done that. I could of played that through and i'm right footed, i'm abysimal with my left but i still could of knocked a simple pass in surely... what an awful player he really is. He even had a great chance to play Sturridge in, except he knocks his through ball to the right, where Varmaelen was... instead of the left where Sturridge would of been one on one. What a shocking player.

I cannot stand him because he has no confidence what so ever, he's like ''oh shit what if i screw this up... oh wait'', instead he should be like ''hahaha get this ball, boom, booyakashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa jungle this massive'', but obviously without the Ali G reference :P

He doesn't seem to want to Learn. He's his own teacher, He already has a Degree in being a Selfish Prick.

True, he is selfish but he'll be our best option at CF from next season if Drogba decides to move on.

Just wondering....if Newcastle can sell Carroll for 35 million, then we should be able to sell Sturridge for around 25 million.

A point is good but I do feel let down, our front three were so frustrating at some points, we wasted so many good chances, great balls from the midfield weren't chased down and exploited. On the plus side our defence was great, Terry and Cahill were brilliant partnered in central defence, Bertrand let himself down with a few wayward passes but overall had a excellent game, I'm not even going to bother saying anything about Bosingwa. Overall considering the team we put out it wasn't a bad result, but we have so much work to do if we want to grab a good result on tuesday.

Also, how god awful were arsenal?! They "dominated" us towards the end of each half but it was still rubbish. No end product at all. And so many mishit passes, I thought I was watching Yeovil Town.

Their midfield, Ramsey in particular, was awful on the ball. Looked like a gentle breeze would've outmuscled them.

Ah crap Newcastle scored

Yeah Arsenal seemed pretty much the same as us other then a few scares...but still got into the box and seemed like they didnt know what to do..Van Persie's free kicks were pretty intresting....same thing every time which good thing really!

its two..cisse wtf.....forget catching newcastle now