Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Well, its not always hindsight for those that have followed KDB a couple of years. Eg: in october when people were seriously going over the top:

I somehow expect a KDB to come up in a few months on a whole other level confidence/consistency wise.

That is NOT hindsight, that is knowing/recognising a player that has confidence issues due to bad people management. Also, saying the others were playing way better is also not true.Go back on the forum around this period and see the Schurrle, Mata, Oscar comment then. José chose his untouchables even then and KDB was NOT one of them.

For every victory he has had against top teams, you can give an example of a loss against a stupid team were he was anonymous.

I apologize beforehand for picking out one sentence again :)

But this statement is pure bollocks. His stats are there for everyone to see. Currently top 10 goal contributor (goals + assists) across Europe's top 5 leagues. You don't get that by being good one week and crappy the other.. He's been one of the most consistent players in Europe all season, he's racking up goals, assists, MotM awards match after match. He has an average rating of 8.08 in the Europa League (4th best) and 8.03 in the Bundesliga (second after Robben!). So, I'm very sorry mate, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

1. They were given next to no chances to play, but made the most of the limited chances, in a competitive squad that is sometimes what you have to do, if you want me to compare KDB situation to an attacker in a similar pickle then read on to point 3.

2. Im not saying Salah is as good as him, just that the situation in the squad that both found themselves in was similar.

3. Harry Kane wasn't getting many chances but took what small chances he was getting and we know what has happened since.

Him moving on was right for all parties involved, yes I know he might break the Bundesliga assist record but Cesc might do likewise in the prem yet Barca didn't make mistake letting him go.

Im happy he is doing well, but am I losing much sleep over him while we sit with a great chance of our first league title in 5 years? sorry but im not.

We've got better, he's got better.

You can't compare Harry Kane etiher. Harry Kane is the local kid who grew up 10 meters from the stadium and was trying to force his breakthrough. And admittedly, he did that in some fashion. You can compare that situation to De Bruyne at Racing Genk. A local kid, 18 years old, fighting for his first minutes of A-team football. And just like Kane he forced his way in, dazzled the entire Belgian football world. Even so much it got him a transfer to Chelsea. First on loan to Werder Bremen, people questioning if he could make it there, Bundesliga being way better than the Belgian league. But he was their best player right away, 10 goals / 10 assists in an absolute crap team. Mourinho got him back, publically declared De Bruyne could well become his main man for the season ... His injury pre-season was called desastrous ... And then he left him to rot at the bench. I hope you can appreciate this situation is slightly different than Kane's. KDB was also already the main man in the Belgian NT, topscorer and top assist provider, responsible for +50% of all Belgian goals in world cup qualifiers. Kane is yet to make his debut for England.

As for our season and his. Yes, I'm damn well excited we're winning the title. But it's a bit narrow minded to say all is well just because we're winning the league. We got humiliated by PSG and we pretend to be top 5 in Europe. It's clear to every one that players like Oscar, Ramires are simply not good enough for top level. KDB could've been that guy. Is all I'm saying. We had him in our own ranks all along.

I share & appreciate your enthusiasm, mate, but second in the Bundesliga, that's not half bad & eliminating Inter Milan the way they did.. I wouldn't think we're THAT superior to them. In any case not enough to say it's a different thing for KDB to do it at "a club like Wolfsburg" rather than a "top team like Chelsea". The leagues are at least equally good, if not superior the BDL, and there's not much between the two teams.

I wasn't getting at that at all. De Bruyne would walk into the AMF position in our team, if he defended. He didn't, so he was sold.

Once again, Chelsea and Wolfsburg aren't of the same standing.

De Bruyne would walk into the AMF position in our team, if he defended. He didn't, so he was sold.

Do me a favour, watch some De Bruyne games. And I don't mean highlights, but actual full 90 minute matches. With Wolfsburg or Belgium, doesn't matter. There's two coming up with Belgium on Saturday & Tuesday (against poor opponents I have to admit), so there's your chance. Afterwards tell me if you still think De Bruyne is a lazy player, or perhaps it was just Mourinho & his herd of sheep who made you believe that?

If you can't bother (probably won't), just look at his running/mileage stats. Insane numbers. The fact that he's the stand out player in the most physical of all competitions (Bundesliga), tells you all you need to know.

And hey, if you won't take my word for it: http://www.squawka.com/news/eden-hazard-believes-chelsea-would-be-stronger-with-kevin-de-bruyne/340032 :)

If even Hazard says it ... So who's team you in, Mourinho's or Hazard's? :D

I wasn't getting at that at all. De Bruyne would walk into the AMF position in our team, if he defended. He didn't, so he was sold.

Once again, Chelsea and Wolfsburg aren't of the same standing.

Look where's Oscar standing today, I mean that guy is having it from the fans left, right and center and he was the guy suppose to replace Mata as no.10 ... why because he good at defending as well. The bottom line is that we didnt give him much chance at Chelsea ... the guy could had been at Dortmund last summer but he stayed because Jose assured him and then he only ended up on the bench ...

Someone mentioned Maybe he didnt fit the system ... But Mata and De Bruyne are type of players who would have worked their sock off to fit into any system ...

Afterwards tell me if you still think De Bruyne is a lazy player, or perhaps it was just Mourinho & his herd of sheep who made you believe that?

If you can't bother (probably won't), just look at his running/mileage stats. Insane numbers. The fact that he's the stand out player in the most physical of all competitions (Bundesliga), tells you all you need to know.

I know :) People call KDB lazy and I am like "What ? WHAT ?" I see a player who works his socks off, run probably the most in the whole team (I think now it's less since Wolfsburg has allowed him to focus more on attack) but then you read that he's prima donna who you somehow have to fit into the system. But okay, let it be.

KDB has good physical traits, he's good athlete (pace & stamina), that's why comparison with Mata are weird who is everything but athletic.

Kevin would fit into many systems. I actually think that he would fit like a glove in Mourinho's, because he's deadly with counter-attack, no nonsense passing, but quick forward accurate passes plus stamina and pace to keep with action until the end. VERY prolific player to counter-attack unlike many here who destroy almost every chance with backward passes or with too much thinking.

That's my conclusion, yeah, Jose would love to have him again. Someone screw things up with 30m Willian in the last day of the transfer window.

My theory is actually that Mourinho is a ginger racist. How else to explain the exits of De Bruyne & Schürrle??

Mourinho only wants latino's (Costa, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard by the looks) & blacks (Willian, Drogba, Remy, Ramires, Zouma, Mikel ...)

It's the only explanation!!

(this is a joke of course, before I get banned from this forum)

(OR ISN'T IT??)

(it is..)

I think mentally KDB wasnt ready to be at Chelsea and especially under a demanding manager like Jose, i believe he didnt want or couldnt work that much for Jose so thats why he was sold.

As a Chelsea fan i would only regret his departure when he'll play for a big club like us and succeed (and would commit to hard and demanding work). * Although i'll admit he's doing superbly well in Wolfsburg, more than i expected.

Mourinho haters in this forum can cry all they want, till now zero of his non-wanted players is doing that - Mata, Lukaku, Salah, Schurlle, KDB - non of them is playing at a big club playing like a big player. I know most of them are still young but my point is that blaming Jose so much is ridiculous when those players are far away from proving their point. And i think the main reason for this is that members here cant understand the big difference between playing for Chelsea and playing for Everton, Wolfsburg and Fiorentina. And another thing, the fact that from Chelsea they went to those clubs is another fact that proves Jose's point.

Mata, Lukaku, Salah, Schurlle, KDB - non of them is playing at a big club playing like a big player.

Haha, love it how you mention KDB in the same sentence as Salah, Lukaku ... Undisputedly one of the main stars of European football right now. Try to keep up! If you only ever look at Chelsea games and only ever listen to what Mou says, please don't debate on non Chelsea players.

Do me a favour, watch some De Bruyne games. And I don't mean highlights, but actual full 90 minute matches. With Wolfsburg or Belgium, doesn't matter. There's two coming up with Belgium on Saturday & Tuesday (against poor opponents I have to admit), so there's your chance. Afterwards tell me if you still think De Bruyne is a lazy player, or perhaps it was just Mourinho & his herd of sheep who made you believe that?

And hey, if you won't take my word for it: http://www.squawka.com/news/eden-hazard-believes-chelsea-would-be-stronger-with-kevin-de-bruyne/340032 :)

If even Hazard says it ... So who's team you in, Mourinho's or Hazard's? :D

I have watched FULL matches. Please don't make baseless assumptions. He wasn't sold for the sake of it!

I never said he's lazy, but he doesn't put a shift in anywhere like Willian. I ain't of it, but Mourinho clearly is.

Look where's Oscar standing today, I mean that guy is having it from the fans left, right and center and he was the guy suppose to replace Mata as no.10 ... why because he good at defending as well. The bottom line is that we didnt give him much chance at Chelsea ... the guy could had been at Dortmund last summer but he stayed because Jose assured him and then he only ended up on the bench ...

Someone mentioned Maybe he didnt fit the system ... But Mata and De Bruyne are type of players who would have worked their sock off to fit into any system ...

I'm in agreement. Mata and De Bruyne might have gone for good money, but they shouldn't have been sold IMO. They are both better than our current AMF options.

Having said that, there's a reason why Mourinho keeps playing Oscar and Willan over everyone else.