test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Frank Lampard

Started by DavidEU,

8,949 posts in this topic

There were definitely a few boos around the stadium, especially whenever he touched the ball.

Yes there definitely were although a bloke who had been sitting less than 15 yards away from me swore he never heard any.

Admit it, we all still love him.

No. I appreciate what he has done for the club (great things), but there is no love anymore.

darrus likes this

People are saying there were no boos? Then I must have some kind of hearing impairment because I definitely heard a mix of booing and clapping when he came on. And I also heard faint boos every time he touched the ball at first.

Amblève. and Bosnian Blue like this

People are saying there were no boos? Then I must have some kind of hearing impairment because I definitely heard a mix of booing and clapping when he came on. And I also heard faint boos every time he touched the ball at first.

I certainly didn't hear any. Maybe the way the broadcaster's mikes are set up, I don't know.

Lmao is it weird that I simply didn't care when he came on? Felt no hatred, no admiration, nothing. He was just another City player to me. Maybe in the future when things have passed and if he should come back in a managerial/coaching capacity... I don't think it'll matter.

In the meantime, I'm beyond caring now. Which is a shame in itself after all he did for us..

Same here. No hate, no love. Felt a bit sorry for him though because it's quite obvious Pellegrino used him just to piss us off which it didn't work.

RoyalBlues likes this

Lmao is it weird that I simply didn't care when he came on? Felt no hatred, no admiration, nothing. He was just another City player to me. Maybe in the future when things have passed and if he should come back in a managerial/coaching capacity... I don't think it'll matter.

In the meantime, I'm beyond caring now. Which is a shame in itself after all he did for us..

Absolutely. I'm not even sure if I even want him back in a managerial capacity. However I'd welcome Drogba, JT, Ashley, Cech, Essien without hesitation. Proper Chelsea legends.

Amblève. and darrus like this

He got the mixed reaction he deserved. Plenty of respect but also a few voices of discontent, which I think sums it up perfectly. He's still a legend, but we're not happy about what's happened.

Hopefully that's the last we see of him in a City shirt in regards to Chelsea. I'm glad yesterday has come and gone, I was dreading what may have happened. Let's just move on and forget he ever played for them.

kc_blue, kellzfresh and Fernando like this

I certainly didn't hear any. Maybe the way the broadcaster's mikes are set up, I don't know.

My initial reaction was there were some jeers but the rest drowned them out pretty quickly.

Madmax likes this

It's done. He'll now never play against us again and if he wins the league, it won't be really down to him, mainly down to us losing and not offering him the extension. It's ours to lose.

James and coolhead23 like this

16823_10152709843006028_4520413287040072

Disgusting. A stadium that can't help their team but does this to Judas.

I tought it would be good to have a new stadium with more 20000 people, right now I think it's better to have just this 40000, maybe if posible have less that that.

lionsden and Amblève. like this

I've never lost any respect for Lampard, even if he is playing for City. We should never forget the service he gave when we won so much silverware. He was an integral part of everything, therefore he is a part of our history.

Anyone who decides to hate on him, should take a look at themselves. It's those people who go down to the level of Arsenal fans, who have since decided to hate on some of their world class players who have left them, most noticeably Fabregas. Cesc never failed to compliment his former club for making him the player he is today, following our 2-0 win over them earlier this season, and it was Arsene Wenger's decision not to re-sign him before we stepped in, yet they hate him because he belongs to us.. just shows you the level Arsenal fans are at.

So Lampard scored against us at the Etihad. That doesn't change anything. To me, he is still a Chelsea legend, but on that day, he was contracted at City to try and beat us. He was there to do his job, just like any other player who is contracted to the club.

I would love it if Lampard came back to us to take on a coaching role. He would be an outstanding cult figure to the younger generation and they will all look up to him, and learn from him.

Azpinator, Kez, Hostedenis and 1 other like this

Disgusting. A stadium that can't help their team but does this to Judas.

I tought it would be good to have a new stadium with more 20000 people, right now I think it's better to have just this 40000, maybe if posible have less that that.

It's called respecting a legend. People like you have absolutely no idea. It's horrible that he's there but he did so much for us that it shouldn't matter. We let him go, it's football. He didn't leave us for them, he was given the opportunity and he took it like many would. Nobody can question his love for Chelsea.

The fans are simply appreciating what he did in his 13 years here. What's wrong with that?

The fans are simply appreciating what he did in his 13 years here. What's wrong with that?

Nothing. The problem is some fans have trouble appreciating it, because he's wearing a shirt that rivals ours..