and now all of a sudden he is backtracking because it is us

watch him end up and Spuds or Napoli or Manure

watch us BUY Higuain

I will just lose my mind

Cagliari just bought Nandez for £21m

they pretty much HAVE to sell Barella now

and if reports are correct, he doesnt (out of the blue) now want to come here

this CHO shit is shading us the fuck out

I doubt the CHO thing is affecting Barella.  We have to buy him, Cesc has already had his good bye, can't trot him out there again and embarrass him.

The CHO thing sucks, a lot.  But RLC and Ampadu signed new deals, so they want to be here bad enough to wait for their chance.  All is not glum. :D

3 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

What's the source on the latest CHO news?  

Same as before, man.  It's all reports from Germany.

For most of my news (no offence to this board), I check out the chealseafc reddit.  They're usually the quickest with stories.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

3 great or once great teams

3 now shit strikers, lololol

merrygoclusterfuckround

I don't know this transfer windows are a pain in the ass all the time all I hope we do get somebody with attitude to lead the line and keep hold of Hudson Odoi if we are to challenge for the FA Cup at least, otherwise even a top 4 finish is in big danger. Eden as a false 9 simply does not work 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I doubt the CHO thing is affecting Barella.  We have to buy him, Cesc has already had his good bye, can't trot him out there again and embarrass him.

The CHO thing sucks, a lot.  But RLC and Ampadu signed new deals, so they want to be here bad enough to wait for their chance.  All is not glum. :D

I feel so bad for RLC, right when he was finally making break-through his back goes out:(

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Same as before, man.  It's all reports from Germany.

In that case I'm still taking it with a huge grain of salt.  Still seems so strange that I'm not sure how seriously I take it.  Think it's all about the money on the new contract.  Guess we'll see. 

Just now, Vesper said:

I feel so bad for RLC, right when he was finally making break-through his back goes out:(

that's okay.  Just a set back.  I think he'll be getting plenty of minutes when he's back, and for seasons to come.  He's Sarri's first midfielder off the bench.  

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I was thinking, the other day.  Our whole youth playing time thing has really boiled over this season (because of CHO), but really:  when was the last time we had this many minutes out of our academy players?  AC, Ampadu, CHO, RLC.  I haven't looked in to it, but surely this is our best season in ages in regards to academy players and their play time, no?  I know AC got a lot last season and takes up a lot of minutes on his own, but he was the only one

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

hat's okay.  Just a set back.  I think he'll be getting plenty of minutes when he's back, and for seasons to come.  He's Sarri's first midfielder off the bench.  

I might be full of it and this whole Bayern fiasco has skewed things but I honestly believe the progression we've seen with RLC and minutes this season is what was going to be coming for CHO, Bayern bid or no Bayern bid.

4 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

In that case I'm still taking it with a huge grain of salt.  Still seems so strange that I'm not sure how seriously I take it.  Think it's all about the money on the new contract.  Guess we'll see. 

Are you suggesting that a player would use interest from another team to get themselves a better contract?  In football?  No....never.....

1 minute ago, kc_blue said:

I might be full of it and this whole Bayern fiasco has skewed things but I honestly believe the progression we've seen with RLC and minutes this season is what was going to be coming for CHO, Bayern bid or no Bayern bid.

I agree.  Sarri had his line up, and his A-Team and B-Team.  He wanted the A-team together as much as possible because everyone needed to be on the same page.  Then, it was Barkley (who had the entire training camp, and worked his ass off to his credit) getting integrated with Kovacic.  RLC was a late returner, and he started to get more and more time.  I think we all agree that CHO should have had more minutes from the start, but he's 18 and 4th in line behind a top 5 in the world player, a Brazilian international, and Pedro who took to the system like a fish to water.  What's a new manager to do?  We could see CHO was getting in to the plans more, and it wasn't just after the Bayern interest.  He came on as a sub before Giroud a few weeks back, and may well have been in line for a start if he didn't hurt himself.  

16 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

What's the source on the latest CHO news?  

Callum Hudson-Odoi will refuse to sign new Chelsea contract if club block Bayern Munich transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/09/callum-hudson-odoi-will-refuse-to-sign-new-chelsea-contract-if-club-block-bayern-munich-transfer-8326769/

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has warned the club they risk losing him on a free if they block his wish to join Bayern Munich. The 18-year-old is keen on moving to the Allianz Arena but Bayern have seen three bids rejected for the winger. Bayern’s latest bid of around £40million is believed to be close to Chelsea’s valuation of the teenager but the club are reluctant to let him go without a series of clauses, included a buy-back option. Hudson-Odoi started Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Tottenham in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, in a move from Maurizio Sarri that was designed to persuade the winger to stay at Stamford Bridge.

However, the midfielder has made up his mind on a move to Bayern and will not sign a new deal at Chelsea if they continue to reject the Bundesliga giants’ advances. That would leave Chelsea in a difficult situation given he has 18 months to run on his deal and they’re unlikely to command such a fee this summer when he’ll have a year left on his deal.

Bayern Munich have made no secret of their desire to sign Hudson-Odoi, with sporting director Sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirming on Wednesday that the club are working on a deal. ‘What I can say: We like the player and take a great interest in signing him. We’ll see about the rest,’ he said.

Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger has admitted speaking to the winger about life in Germany. The German says he can see the lure of joining Bayern but hopes the teenager stays with Chelsea. ‘He asked me about Germany,’ said Rudiger. ‘It was a general question from him. ‘He is still young, I can advise him, but at the end of the day he decides about his future.

snip

Thanks for supplying the article.

No quotes, not buying it.  :blink:  CHO has advantages here but I don't think he's at a state yet in running down his contract and the state of his career that he holds all the cards and Chelsea have to do what he says.  I guess we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the board, even though they are largely responsible  would allow him to leave in this window.

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi will refuse to sign new Chelsea contract if club block Bayern Munich transfer

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/09/callum-hudson-odoi-will-refuse-to-sign-new-chelsea-contract-if-club-block-bayern-munich-transfer-8326769/

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi has warned the club they risk losing him on a free if they block his wish to join Bayern Munich. The 18-year-old is keen on moving to the Allianz Arena but Bayern have seen three bids rejected for the winger. Bayern’s latest bid of around £40million is believed to be close to Chelsea’s valuation of the teenager but the club are reluctant to let him go without a series of clauses, included a buy-back option. Hudson-Odoi started Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Tottenham in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, in a move from Maurizio Sarri that was designed to persuade the winger to stay at Stamford Bridge.

However, the midfielder has made up his mind on a move to Bayern and will not sign a new deal at Chelsea if they continue to reject the Bundesliga giants’ advances. That would leave Chelsea in a difficult situation given he has 18 months to run on his deal and they’re unlikely to command such a fee this summer when he’ll have a year left on his deal.

Bayern Munich have made no secret of their desire to sign Hudson-Odoi, with sporting director Sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirming on Wednesday that the club are working on a deal. ‘What I can say: We like the player and take a great interest in signing him. We’ll see about the rest,’ he said.

Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger has admitted speaking to the winger about life in Germany. The German says he can see the lure of joining Bayern but hopes the teenager stays with Chelsea. ‘He asked me about Germany,’ said Rudiger. ‘It was a general question from him. ‘He is still young, I can advise him, but at the end of the day he decides about his future.

snip

Metro are a terrible source, although if im the board I would let him go on a free. Play him the next year Im 100% sure bayern will drop interest and he will sign  a new contract. Its a bad precedent letting our best players force moves. I low key blame Marina for this. We never used to have contract issues under Gourlay.

7 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Thanks for supplying the article.

No quotes, not buying it.  :blink:  CHO has advantages here but I don't think he's at a state yet in running down his contract and the state of his career that he holds all the cards and Chelsea have to do what he says.  I guess we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the board, even though they are largely responsible  would allow him to leave in this window.

We need to hold on to him, heck force him into leaving on a free. We cant let our best players force our hand, on the other hand though Sarri fucked up by not at the very least starting him at least 3 Europa games plus league cup

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We need to hold on to him, heck force him into leaving on a free. We cant let our best players force our hand, on the other hand though Sarri fucked up by not at the very least starting him at least 3 Europa games plus league cup

I would continue to play him this season and reevaluate the situation in the summer.  The way they've gone about it means I would not accept a bid from Bayern period.  We really can't let him and them run all over us, it would set a bad precedent.

17 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the Europa league matches would have done anything.  I'm not sure that 4 matches is the difference between signing a long term deal, and making waves for another club.  Sure, didn't help, but you've been at the club since 7.  So 4 matches?  I'm not convinced.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the Europa league matches would have done anything.  I'm not sure that 4 matches is the difference between signing a long term deal, and making waves for another club.  Sure, didn't help, but you've been at the club since 7.  So 4 matches?  I'm not convinced.

His being silly to be fair he was only 17. 2 weeks ago I have a feeling the agent is pushing for a move because they make more off the commission. There are legit reasons to leave Chelsea but it seems more of a case of agent trying to benefit more than the player pushing this.