OFFICIAL - Yossi Benayoun goes to Arsenal on loan

LDN Blue

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect to Yossi for being a humble man and giving Mata the number 10. It's a shame but football is a ruthless business and if you are not in the managers plans then you just have to deal with it. He's a very good pro and if he does move I wish him all the best.

Mata was always going to get the number 10 this we know, I don't think Benayoun is going to leave but I have to agree with a comment up there somewhere ^ about him not slotting into our 4-3-3 he can play on the wing as a number of attacking midfielders can but I can't see him being deployed up there with all the competition I can't see Lampard dropping to the bench to accommodate him he could play as the more advanced of the three in the middle of the park but again there's plenty of competition for those spots and with AVB stressing the need for a new midfielder he looks to be falling down the pecking order even further.

Hes a good player don't get me wrong, but I believe he was only bought as a bargaining chip to get Torres onside so hes kind of outlived his usefulness, on top of which I get the sense AVB is trying to lower the squads age a bit and with Yossi out there at 31I can't really see him being used much if at all if he goes the other way in this bloody tiresome Modric saga I think persoanlly it'd be the best thing for him.

And Lampard is 33 and playing like shite. What's your point. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you could call Lampard Terry and the Drog as "Untouchable" no managers going to come in and take them out of the team because of their age as their Chelsea Icons but Benayoun being a bit part player I can't see the need to keep him being quite as strong

Stupid move.

For who? for Yossi? absolutely not, if a new midfielder will come like we want, Yossi wont get his minutes. good decision for him.

For Chelsea? not sure, we do have Mata, so if we are going to get Modric or someone like him unti deadline, we are going to be okay in the midfield department. And maybe we're going to get two players now... we dont know yet.

I want Yossi in Chelsea off course, but im happy for him for this move, and i think he should join Roma or Arsenal, not Liverpool with all of their midfielders...

For us.

we have no attacking midfielders now :lol:

Thats it.

If no one will come in the next few days, so its a realy stupid move, but if Modric comes? its pretty clear it should have happend. It will be great to have Yossi even if Modric is coming, but he doesnt think its that great obviously. You cant make a 31 year old

seat on the bench desperate, you need young players to be your 2nd or 3rd sub for his role. Yossi probably want playing time at

his age.

Yossi is a great player and a great person, shame he didnt show alot in Chelsea because of is injury last season. Good luck to him!

I think Modric is close now...

I don't mean to be rude, but how did you know he's a great person? Because I've never seen any stories in the media on his personal life.