OFFICIAL - Yossi Benayoun goes to Arsenal on loan

LDN Blue

Think we've made a big mistake here, Yossi looked one of our best & creative players in pre season, he'd be so much more useful than Kalou or Malouda this season yet we've loaned him out to one of our biggest rivals in crisis. Doesn't make any sense to me.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's more of a case that he didnt fit into AVB's plans and unless loaned out he'd have been frozen out for the rest/half of the season due to not having enough squad places - thats the only logic i can come up with..why to Arsenal? I dont know.. odd move to help a city rival but what goes around comes around :)

I am sure something must have happened on the pre season tour of Asia ,,,He had a brilliant game but after

that nothing ... Strikes a chord of the incident with Wilkins and our Board.

You are probably right, how to explain that Benayoun played such a little time since the start of the Premier League (even since the team returned in England...) ? Alright against Stoke the choice is understandable but against WBA, Torres lacked direct support wich could have provided Yossi...

I don't see Villas Boas considering Yossi as part of his project in one year, he didnt want him this season for X or Y reasons so I don't know why he could be convinced next year... No need for Yossi to prove himself, he has done sufficiently in the past.

And especially if we get De Bruyne next summer, he is a versatile player and also a great assist provider, can also deliver very good through balls... Only 20 next summer and I can't imagine Yossi take his marks then. And I dont even consider Yossi's future if Modric join us in January like he is likely to do...

Modric's departure really leaves with a bitter taste of a waste ...

'I had said we needed one more player in midfield. Yossi Benayoun had variability, he could play in the middle and he could play out in the channels or behind the striker, but we felt that towards what we wanted to achieve in terms of playing style, Raul would fit with this requirement.

Interesting words by AVB on this..

Maybe Villas Boas did think that Yossi is not that useful on a wing because he cuts inside everytime, and because he is not as versatile than Meireles in the midfield... AVB's decision was certainly driven by the ability of Meireles to play deeper in the midfield.

It's a pity that it was mainly a matter of spots available, on the contrary it would have been possible to keep the 2