OFFICIAL - Yossi Benayoun goes to Arsenal on loan

LDN Blue

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what is wrong with TX , How dare he not like an old-aged club like chelsea letting go off Deco and Ballack (because they are old), only to sign 30 years old sub from liverpool !!!!

i don't wanna get into this whole saga again,but back then anyone who had some decent football knowledge and loves CFC would ve known that benayoun with his pre-season glory hasn't added anything to chelsea , at least not yet.

Ridiculous if we let him go, he was our most inventive player last year whenever he played and he shone during pre-season, he deserves at least one year to prove himself.

I have always liked Yossi for his tremendous ability and work-rate, and also his sense of humour, to sing YNWA takes both balls and a tongue-in-cheek outlook on life, although I obviously forget such a luxury has yet to be blessed upon certain members of our community. Yossi is a proven player at both Premier League and Champions League level; the perfect squad player who can fill a wide array of positions in the midfield. His creative spark and turn of pace are two things we have in precious amounts, and yet people want to sell him and keep Kalou in the squad :lol: I normally can see people's viewpoints on most matters and at least agree to disagree, but this is just mindless chopping of the squad just because we're signing Mata and possibly Modric. No-one is calling for Essien's head despite him now being surplus to requirements because of the form of Ramires and Mikel, but of course because Yossi isn't a household name, he is the one we should get rid of. This is another case of reputation affecting the team-sheet, perhaps Ancelotti never left after all. Pathetic.

Reading some of those posts, they seem to imply that he's a world-class player. Maybe I'm missing something but I see him as a player nearing the end of his career, who in his peak never had the quality to be a chelsea player.

Besides this is a chelsea forum, everyone is entitled to his opinion about the chelsea players. I mean I don't think Benayoun himself would be this defensive if he read that a chelsea fan hates him.

As far as I understood Benayoun will go to Tottenham, but not as part of a transfer of Modric

Whats the point in that? Benayoun will not play ahead of Modric. So he will be on the bench at Spurs instead.

Reading some of those posts, they seem to imply that he's a world-class player. Maybe I'm missing something but I see him as a player nearing the end of his career, who in his peak never had the quality to be a chelsea player.

I see a player who has always been underrated, Benitez treated him like shit at Loserpool. Nobody said he is a world class player, but he is one of the most versatile players in the team and even if Modric is more effective in building the play from deep position, or Mata's able to put speed in the game... I don't see a player with Benayoun through play in Premier League

Many says that he is 31 etc... That his best years if he did have ones are behind him. I don't share this point of view, for me it's obvious that it's the first time he has the opportunity to play with a full squad with real ambition.

I was very happy with Villas Boas' way to use Benayoun in pre-season but the 2 first Prem games did mean he could have less importance he seemed to have initially.

Against the Baggies the big thing the team, especially Torres lacked is a support man behind him... Everytime Torres wanted to play in support with another player it was Lampard or Bosingwa who were too far, so it allowed to WBA's defence to replace.

What I mean is that even if Mata can fill the role behind the striker, I think we shoot ourselves in the foot in under use Benayoun and his understanding with Torres...

Otherwise, Yossi said on twitter he had some revelations about his future to make on Wednesday (so today) so I hope I won't be disappointed ...

Well, it's Wednesday..

Keep checking Bena's twitter I guess?

Yes I do :P

_1145D294-D5BE-4900-99BE-70C77C584880__normal.jpg

Well I hope to give you all some news till wednesday regarding my future..thanks again for all the support!

via

_1145D294-D5BE-4900-99BE-70C77C584880__normal.jpg

Yossi Benayoun

מקווה שעד יום רביעי יהיו לי חדשות עבורכם....

= Hope that by Wednesday I'll have news for you ...

via

If Malouda departs, it means that the #15 will be available... to Yossi... whereas Mata would pick the 10 :subs:

חשבתי שעד עכשיו אדע מה קורה איתי. צ'לסי ואני נמצאים בשיחות ובקרוב נגיע להחלטה. = Thought by now I know what's going on with me. Chelsea and I are talking and soon we will reach a decision.

Twitter

bena.JPG

Sounds like he's off. Why else would he need to talk to the club about something that is a big announcement?

Think he'd come in handy as a good squad player. Hope Chelsea doesn't regret this one. Think AVB wants his foreign spot to open up.