Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Well he said :

“Well, Chelsea buy players every summer don’t they? There has always been fierce competition for places at Chelsea and with Torres, Ba and now Costa, this year wont be any different.”

“On the other hand, there is an awful lot of interest in me from other clubs. If you want to believe that means 1+1 is 2, well yes, I guess you could be right. I consider myself to be a complete striker and Chelsea are fully aware of how I feel about the current situation.”

“What I want to do now is concentrate on playing well for Belgium in the World Cup, that is good for everybody! We’ll see after the World Cup what crosses my path.”

Which is exactly what we're all responding too. Lukaku is your boy, we get that, but no need for petty insults to other forum members.

ANYWAY, the bolded part doesn't exactly inspire confidence. If our board want him, there's absolutely no way he says that. Hence the concern.

What amazes me is how eager people are to jump on one word from Lukaku while Torres' periodic passive aggressive statements and insults to the club still finds defenders. It blows my mind.

Because Torres is shit that's why, Lukaku is the best young striker in the world. Besides, I think that's so 2011-2012. Very few people defend that guy anymore.

Owen, Rooney and Messi scored all their goals in major leagues, Lukaku scored a big portion of his goals in the Belgian league... come on now.

32 of his goals have come in PL in 74 appearances. a very good return for any striker. he is the 3rd highest goal scorer in PL in the last 2 seasons. or rather in terms of minutes, he has played 4766 minutes to score his 32 goals which is 149 minutes per goal (which includes his 10 appearances for chelsea too)

rooney's 44 goals in PL came in 132 appeareances.

2002-03 :1610

2003-04: 2442

2004-05: 2182

2005-06: 3072

an overall of 9306 minutes for 42 goals (since his last 2 goals may have come in 06-07 season where he turned 21) at an average of 221 minutes per goal.

the stat even for PL is as good as it gets for romelu.

for messi

2004-05 : 82 (1)

2005-06 : 909 (6)

2006-07 : 1995 (14)

2007-08 : 1998 (10)

2008-09: 2513 (23)

which means a total of 54 goals in 7497 minutes at an average of 139 minutes per goal which is better than lukaku's 149 minutes per goal but since the comparision is with the world's best player, we can probably give him that leeway.

lukaku has performed at every stage that he has been given. he has scored goals and played well whenever called upon. saying "most of his goals were in the belgian league" is a slap to his acheivement.

ENJOY!!!!

“On the other hand, there is an awful lot of interest in me from other clubs. If you want to believe that means 1+1 is 2, well yes, I guess you could be right.

If that's an accurate translation, he sounds like a bit of a bitch.

Even if that's slightly off, why is he talking yet again?? There are Kardashians who show greater restraint when a microphone is shoved in front of their face.

Yes Romelu, there will always be competition for spaces at this club. Yes we're going to buy players. But if you actually step up and impress Jose, you'll play. Ask Azpi.

Of course if that doesn't appeal to you then you can just ask for a transfer (again!) and go to a club like Everton where you'll start every week.

LUKAKU - "I had trouble shitting yesterday, so i think i will leave CFC" (#sarcasticmail - for idiots who believe everything they read on the internet)

Hahahahahahah......not!

Even the real interview shows what kind of arrogant person he is. Just concentrate on the World Cup instead of constantly running your mouth off.

Hahahahahahah......not!

Even the real interview shows what kind of arrogant person he is. Just concentrate on the World Cup instead of constantly running your mouth off.

and here we start with the "arrogant" talk. so was sturridge, right? how is that treating us!!!!

also, he just scored a hat-trick in the last match i think for belgium. so really, i think he is concentrating on the WC as much as he should. :lol:

This is Sturridge V 2 on this forum all over again.

When sturridge was a bit outspoken and believed he should play striker, he got a similar reaction as Lukaku is getting here.

He was sold, and now he is one half of europe's best strike force.

Lukaku is in a similar situation, with other clubs recognising his worth, and teams all the way from CL Finalists atletico, to Italian Champions Juventus and probably a few more wanting him. But Chelsea? We are remaining tight lipped and dont seem to be keen.

I really hope for our own sake that better judgement prevails by our board this time.

We have already bought Costa, so the board have made their statement of Intent. Now lets secure that position, not give some other european powerhouse Hulk.

I will laugh within 6months when Costa becomes a second Torres :wank2:

Why would you laugh at that? How does that benefit this club?

BTW....when presented with Torres as his competition, Lukaku bottled it and asked for a transfer to a club where he wouldn't have as much competition for a spot.

Is there any truth to the rumours that he was considering asking for a transfer to the Andorran team before Benteke's injury?

When sturridge was a bit outspoken and believed he should play striker, he got a similar reaction as Lukaku is getting here.

Lukaku asked to leave this club!!!!

What the fuck is with people who don't understand this? He said he wanted to leave Chelsea Football Club, the club most people on this forum (obviously not this particular thread) support.