Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Tbf, goalkeepers rarely go for more than that. In fact, I don't remember any keeper ever going for 25m of more.

Well we're hardly going to sell him for £20m. He's not De Gea. Even Atletico fans say he's miles ahead of De Gea. All of these personal awards and trophies increase his price. (Not that I want him to be sold)

Well we're hardly going to sell him for £20m. He's not De Gea. Even Atletico fans say he's miles ahead of De Gea. All of these personal awards and trophies increase his price. (Not that I want him to be sold)

I think his price (not that I'd want him to be sold either) won't exceed 30m. United overpaid grossly for De Gea, he's not the norm but the exception.

25 mil is a fair evaluation. he is 21 for god's sake. thats like at least 15 years. AT THE LEAST.

if jose takes a decision of selling him then i wont argue but most importantly at the right price.

moreover he will be used in the costa deal if he is sure, i feel. 32 mil for costa so in the end i feel it would be something like thibaut + 9/10 mil.

I think his price (not that I'd want him to be sold either) won't exceed 30m. United overpaid grossly for De Gea, he's not the norm but the exception.

Oh I know they overpaid for him, but people will always use him as a reference point along with Neur (£19m) to say that Courtois' price should be inflated. Which is a valid point in this market as Courtois will give 15 years of top, top goalkeeping.

He'll have a hard time beating Buffon though! £38m 12 years ago! :ph34r:

Buffon went for £32.6 million from Parma to Juve, didn't he?

Don't know how much it was in pounds at the time but in euros the price was around €52 million. Insane amount of money for a goalkeeper, especially given the fact this transfer happened 13 years ago when the market wasn't anywhere near as inflated as it is now.

Buffon went for £32.6 million from Parma to Juve, didn't he?

Yeah, right. Something around 50m Euros. But that was more than 10 years ago! Tbh, most Juve fans would tell that Buffon has more than justified his price over the years, though.

would of gone top if it wasnt for some terrible play from granfranny. im so mad. messing up just after barca..... saw that coming a mile off.

Worst part is that Athletico probably should have 3-4 more solid pens than the one the ref gave to Seville.

Saw this on Twiter: Simeone: "For me, any price for Courtois would be cheap. To secure a GK of his quality would be a big coup. It depends what he wants." #CFC

If true, it means that Athletico would really go all the way in trying to sign him permanently.