Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've watched that several times.. Each time I do, I see more & more examples of Italian acting. Half those reactions, players holding the areas they were "fouled" are in a different place to where the incident took place.. Example: 0:49

Yes there are some horrible refereeing decisions in this game too, but really, a fix? Give credit where credit's due.

Would love either Zidane's 98 WC hair or Ronaldo's 02 WC hair come into play!

Imagine one of them in the dug-out with Malouda on the pitch, and David James in goal (Of course, Cech will have to be number two when compared to James's hair!), Fellaini's hair playing off Blonde 'Lady-boy' Torres, and the opposition would shit themselves!

Flying hair!

Who wouldn't :P

i am perfect.. tommy tomminho.. i am the special one.. i wanna be the next fc chelsea london manager!!

come on roman abramovich.. bring back jose mourinho the special one.. or what ya all think about the croatia nationalteam coach slaven bilic??

I'd actually be quite pleased if we get Redknapp. He's a quite good manager and he's English. He would be great for the job imo.

Whoever we get, be it Redknapp or Hiddink, I can imagine them as Chelsea managers for many more years to come. Roman won't just sack managers anymore, I'm pretty sure that he will have more trust on them. He's just searching for the right man, apparently he hasn't found him yet. He better does this time.

"As mental/reckless/stupid #CFC are, the decision to sack Ancelotti was taken months ago. They have a plan: Hiddink DoF, Van Basten coach."

This guy seems to know what he's talking about. Follow him:

http://twitter.com/#!/garbosj

He said that van Basten would be the new manager.

Would Guus be willing to do both the Turkey and Chelsea job for the time being then take on the Chelsea job full time in October?? In an ideal world, yes.

I'd welcome Guus back with open arms, he was a breathe of fresh air in 2009, he had the team playing great football, the players loved him, the fans loved him, he had respect, dignity, and was a true gent.

I really hope we get the next appointment right, exciting times ahead for CFC.

Would Guus be willing to do both the Turkey and Chelsea job for the time being then take on the Chelsea job full time in October?? In an ideal world, yes.

I'd welcome Guus back with open arms, he was a breathe of fresh air in 2009, he had the team playing great football, the players loved him, the fans loved him, he had respect, dignity, and was a true gent.

I really hope we get the next appointment right, exciting times ahead for CFC.

He can.

There's not much international activity over the summer so he can coach us pre-season & sort out transfer negotiations. When the season starts, internationals are almost mute too, so I don't think he'll have any trouble balancing jobs. Especially if the part about having Van Basten as an assistant is true.

Guus Hiddink is committed to his role as Turkey boss until at least October, according to his agent, despite being linked with the Chelsea vacancy.

Hiddink is contracted to Turkey until the end of Euro 2012 but could leave this autumn if they fail to qualify.

"He is focusing on his job and he likes what he is doing," said Cees van Nieuwenhuizen.

"Once [Turkey's European Championships campaign] is finished, he will start thinking about his future."

On Sunday, Chelsea sacked Carlo Ancelotti after he ended his second season at the club without a trophy.

They finished as runners-up in the Premier League after Manchester United clinched their 19th title, lost to United in the Champions League quarter-finals, and also missed out in the FA Cup and League Cup.

Hiddink had a spell in charge at Stamford Bridge in 2009, guiding them to victory in the FA Cup, but it was only an interim appointment and he returned to his substantive job with Russia's national team at the end of the season.

The Dutchman stepped down from that role after they failed to qualify for the World Cup, but was recruited by Turkey in February last year.

_52925979_hiddink226getty.jpg Hiddink guided Chelsea to FA Cup success in 2009 He has retained an advisory role with Chelsea, and now appears to be the number one target to succeed Ancelotti, with owner Roman Abramovich, who bankrolled an audacious £50m move for striker Fernando Torres during the January transfer window, eager to recapture the Premier League trophy from United, while also guiding the club to a first Champions League success.

Asked if any approach for Hiddink would be rebuffed, a spokesman for the Turkish Football Federation said: "Last month, our vice-president was asked and he said we had long-term plans with Mr Hiddink. If there are new issues, Hiddink will talk about this."

"At this stage, we will leave everything to Mr Hiddink and if he sees the need to speak about this issue, he will do this personally.

"We have a press conference on 27 May. If he wishes comment on these rumours or leaks, he will do it."

Turkey currently lie third in Group A and face a crucial match with second-placed Belgium on 3 June.

Rafael Benitez's agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, has denied reports that the former Liverpool manager has held talks with Turkey about taking over from Hiddink.

"Absolutely not," said Quilon. "He has not been approached by Turkey and, hence, he has not held talks regarding coaching the national team.

"He has received some offers from several clubs. His priority is to be in England."

Defeat for Turkey against Belgium would leave them four points adrift of a play-off spot with four games remaining and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Hiddink could be sacked.

If not, Chelsea could be faced with the dilemma of waiting for him to become available - and therefore appointing an interim manager - or looking elsewhere.

Andre Villas-Boas, who led Porto to the Europa League this season, and Marco van Basten are the other favourites for the job.