Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started really well, performance dropped (heavily) after conceding. Need to step our game up in the second half.

Play Josh in the number 10 role (his strong point are wasted from deep), Benayoun and Anelka on the sides and Lampard (or take him off for Mikel) and Ramires from deep.

Credit to Josh, he really is working hard out there. He's made some fantastic passes into the attacking third, one to put Ashley Cole in was really good from him!! I think he gets a bit too sucked into a gamble too much, he needs to create more space in the middle and make more of those through passes to either Torres or Anelka.

The formation clearly isn't working. benayoun can never function on the right wing and lampard - josh combination is off

no movement from torres upfront and anelka is dropping to deep leaving us empty in attack. we must move the ball more quickly and make better movement in the 2nd half

I think referee has been good. The incident with Torres being fouled - he played an advantage but Lampard just shot, so that's a chance gone. That one was our fault, and all the fouls given against us have been fair. Ramires deserved a yellow long ago, with that crunching tackle near Newcastle's penalty box.

Face it, we were absolutely rubbish. Ramires-Lampard-McEachran isn't working. McEachran has been in the picture, hasn't done anything necessarily wrong but hasn't done anything spectacular either. Lampard has been the only one from midfield worthy a mention. Anelka has been as always, no spark, bit lazy movement. Torres has been really bad. Today he isn't even bothering to make runs (for example the Cole cross, which was driven in) and made silly mistakes (lost the ball on multiple occasions)

On a positive note, Ivanovic has been brilliant in my eyes. I think this game proves that this isn't managers fault. It's the squad - the age, the attitude and the motivation level. I'm sorry but Ancelotti's talk of "don't need many changes" is wrong, we'd be making this mistake all over again, like we've done last season and season before. We need fresh blood, perhaps 3-5 signings (includes Sturridge, he'll feel like a new signing) and letting players go. Personally I just can't see us continueing like this. Frustrating.

Credit to Josh, he really is working hard out there. He's made some fantastic passes into the attacking third, one to put Ashley Cole in was really good from him!! I think he gets a bit too sucked into a gamble too much, he needs to create more space in the middle and make more of those through passes to either Torres or Anelka.

I agree. I also think he needs to play the "10" position. He's understandably making defensive mistakes right now often colliding with JT and Alex

Torres has never been a technically gifted player who could beat defenders with ease and create chances out of nothing. That coupled with the fact that he's been a shadow of himself

for the past 16 months = £50 million down the drain. what was Abramovich thinking?

Torres has never been a technically gifted player who could beat defenders with ease and create chances out of nothing. That coupled with the fact that he's been a shadow of himself

for the past 16 months = £50 million down the drain. what was Abramovich thinking?

Noone could have known that. Face it, we all were excited

To Roman, signing the biggest stars for a team for shedloads of money is what is needed to build a team.

To the nature of football, blooding players and building a team of 11 Champion-like players is what is needed.

Two different things!