When we were two down

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of us did. Giving up is not the right option when you have an inspiration talisman like John Terry in your team, a man who embodies fight and spirit. I'm a persevering sort of person, and I can take the hardships as well as I can enjoy the moments when I feel as if I could walk on water, because that is the sort of person I am. That rubs off on me as a fan as well. Granted that I often have knee-jerk reactions, but we could be 3-0 down, playing awfully and I would never give up. Because football is a game of 90 minutes - and those 90 minutes only. The previous match and the next match are of no concern to me, you get up and move on. Its how you respond to your shortcomings that defines you as a person, and its how you come back from defeats that characterise a football team. Keep the faith.

Its pretty worrying that we haven't won from 2-0 down since AUGUST 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we did it away at Charlton, this aint just the prem its all competitionsmouthclosed.gif

Its pretty worrying that we haven't won from 2-0 down since AUGUST 2002!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we did it away at Charlton, this aint just the prem its all competitionsmouthclosed.gif

To be fair though. How many times had we been in such a position? We've had an amazing defence record since 2004 anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't a lot of situations where we've been 2-0 down

Agreed. But it was ofcourse understandable, there was little to cheer about (certainly in the first half). Acting disappointed and emotional is in a way, definitely during a game of such massive importance, not more than normal. However, for me acting disappointed and expressing it, isn't necessarily the same as giving up your belief of losing the faith. On the contrary, imo this proves that you care about the club and that you want them so badly to improve.

Credit to our guys in the stands at OT, they were outstanding and still sung their heart out when we were 2-0 down.

What do u expect? We were shit, we bottled it and were never gonna come back. Wow Charlton, opening day of the 02/03 season when Carlton Cole scored for us lmao how times change. 9 years without coming back from 2-0 down shows no belief although tbh we aint been 2-0 down too often since Roman took over.

The match today was over after 1 minute, that's just the way we are.