Kaka

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti’s vision hangs not on the wings, but a prayer.

It looks increasingly likely that Carlo Ancelotti will remain as Chelsea manager next season. The return to form of early season hotshots Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba instigated the Blues’ revival that, somehow, sees them still in with a chance of Premier League glory.

One would assume that the only way they can achieve this is by beating Manchester United at Old Trafford – no mean feat considering the 11-times Premier League champions have won every home league game this season bar one, a draw against West Bromwich Albion (which was due to a startlingly uncharacteristic display by the retiring Edwin van der Sar).

Nevertheless, Chelsea’s return to winning ways has seen them at least usurp Arsenal as the league’s second best team. Talk of Ancelotti receiving a P45 has all but disappeared, and instead fans of the Londoners are looking ahead to see what direction the Italian will be batting his eyelids and wiggling his eyebrow come the summer months.

Despite Chelsea playing their best football when set up in a 4-3-3 formation, Ancelotti seems determined to mould the team in his image – or more accurately, some would argue, the image of AC Milan circa 2005.

As discussed in my previous article on this site, Chelsea are 90% there in terms of personnel for the diamond formation. Against Manchester United in the Champions League quarter-final they lined up in a more orthodox 4-4-2, but with no natural right winger at the club the system did not suit them and they were beaten by the stronger team over two legs; a team playing to their strengths in employing genuine width. Chelsea should either stick with the 4-3-3 that has proved successful in the past, or fully adapt to Ancelotti’s vision.

If it is to be the diamond, what they lack is the man to make it all tick over; the jewel in the crown. Who better to sign than the close personal friend of Ancelotti who filled this role so elegantly at San Siro? Would signing Kaka from Real Madrid be any more audacious than Roman Abramovich’s splurge on Liverpool’s Fernando Torres?

Real Madrid parted with the best part of €70m to capture former World Player of the Year Kaka in 2009. However, The Brazilian has endured an underwhelming time at the Bernabeu, due in large part to repeated injuries. His place in the Madrid starting eleven is under threat because of the consistent brilliance of World Cup star Mesut Ozil, ‘the German Zidane’. Jose Mourinho cannot afford to spend €9m a year on wages for a player who’s not going to play a leading role in his quest to wrestle the La Liga title from Catalonia.

Recent rumours have linked Borussia Dortmund playmaker Nuri Sahin with Real. The 22-year-old Turkish international’s six goals and eight assists do not paint the full picture in his title-winning contribution for the Germans. He, like Ozil and Angel Di Maria before him, is considered a rising star of European football, so the mention of his name in the same breath as one of the world’s biggest clubs comes as no surprise. If this does turn out to be more than just hearsay, expect this move to confirm Kaka’s exit.

But can Kaka recapture the dazzling form that saw him declared the planet’s most outstanding footballer four years ago? Let’s look at the basics: 15 goals and 12 assists in 50 games for Los Galacticos is in keeping with his usual return, and at 29 he’s far from past it. In fact these should be the best years of his career, and if he has indeed overcome his untimely bout of injuries, they still can be. Fans of whichever club he represents in 2011/12 will be praying it was mere misfortune that saw him sidelined for much of his two years in Spain, and it is not symptomatic of deeper-rooted physical problems.

The image of Kaka’s devotees looking skywards with their hands clasped leads nicely on to another facet of Kaka’s character: religion. It’s common knowledge the midfielder is a devoted Evangelical Christian: he donates 10% of his earnings to the Church.

The Brazilian is an atypical footballer in other ways, too. Unlike many of his country’s exports, he comes from a privileged background. The Guardian’s Alex Bellos remarked in 2006 that “Kaka's position as the whitest member of the team also reflects the fact that he is the most middle class…each generation usually throws up someone who is white and middle class: Tostao in the 1970 team, Socrates in 1982, and Rai and Leonardo in 1994.” A move to the West London would not place Kaka out of his comfort zone.

Again, unlike many footballers, everything in Kaka’s personal life resembles a stable base from which his career should reignite. He has been married to socialite Caroline Celico since 2005 and the couple’s first child arrived in 2008. He would probably be unique in the Premier League, having expressed his pride in being a virgin prior to his marriage.

Kaka would not come cheap; he is tied down to a six-year deal that ends in 2015, and Florentino Perez would look to recoup the majority of his outlay. A bid would have to be in the region of £40m to even be entertained.

http://www.talkchelsea.net/truth-behind-the-rumours-or-all-a-load-of-kaka.html

Roman's new sexy football with 4-3-1-2? Hellno! Kaka is(was) a great player, but I don't simply see the reason of spending bunch of money on him when he is out of form, injury prone and 29! We'd be doing Madrid a favour.

I'll give you 4 names, Ganso, Pastore, Hamsik and Dzagoev.

Great article though ^^

Roman's new sexy football with 4-3-1-2? Hellno! Kaka is(was) a great player, but I don't simply see the reason of spending bunch of money on him when he is out of form, injury prone and 29! We'd be doing Madrid a favour.

I'll give you 4 names, Ganso, Pastore, Hamsik and Dzagoev.

Great article though ^^

You're right, who would spend stupid amounts of money on an out of form attacker?

Agreed though there might be better options, I think Hamsik's a name that'll be banded around every big club this summer, as is Alexis Sanchez (but he's a winger/support striker, so not relevant here).

Another one I had thought was Wesley Sneijder. A big name 'marquee signing', could provide the boost the club needs. He'd cost a lot, but I did hear he was unhappy at Inter. He's versatile, so could fit into a wide position if you did go for 4-3-3 in some games. Both articles I've done here have rather made out he wants to play a 4-4-2 diamond every game - all good clubs have a plan B, just look at United this season and how malleable they've been. It's what may have cost Arsenal, not having the option to go, say, 4-4-2. They only have one way of playing, and to my knowledge the only team good enough to pull that off are Barcelona.

Pastore's a good shout, I've heard a lot about him but don't think I've actually seen him play.

Would thought that Benayoun would be the only 29+ signing we would sign from now on. Kaka isn't the answers for our problems with the lack of creativity we have in the middle, neither is he a player to rely on. Hamsik or Pastore for me, young players that has tons of potential to become world class players, ie David Luiz mold.

McEachran should play more next season, we should get a more experienced player to back him up so he doesn't need to play every game. This way we can slowly integrate Josh into the team and we have our own creative mastermind.

Certainly no Kaka, who is old, injury prone as said, and imo even a tad overrated. We should stop buying players wich are at their end/top of their carreers!