1-0 or 4-3?

I read the other day (all be it in the sun) that Roman would prefer a 4-3 win to a 1-0 win and i was just thinking that im personally the complete opposite, for me a 1-0 win beats 4-3 and i have 3 key reason's as to why this is the case

1. Goalkeepers confidence

No matter how good the goalie is if you haven't got a good defense it wont make much difference, you will concede goals and the keeper is always going to be more happier when keeping clean sheets, look at Shay Given in his late Newcastle days, despite making numerous world class saves you could tell it was getting him down playing in-front of a shocking defense.

2. Less nail biting

When your 1-0 up going into added time yes your a bit nervous but the defense has been solid all game and you know deep down it will take something special to breach it now (IE the City game) but when your 4-3 up going into added time you know your defense has already been breached a fair few times and there is every chance the opponent will do it 1 more time (IE the Villa game in 07/08).

3. Less pressure on attackers

If we go into games knowing the defense are phrone to a mistake or 2, the attackers will think to themself's they will have to get 3/4 to win the match therefore putting more pressure on them, but if they go onto the pitch knowing they have a solid defense playing behind them it will put them under less pressure knowing 80% of the time, 1 goal will be enough for the 3 points.

For me there are 3 key reason's that when it comes to Chelsea 1-0 will beat 4-3 any time, 4-3 may be entertaining to watch on MOTD later on when we know what's happened but it sure wont be during the game.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman confuses me. Who knows if these comments are true or not but why would you like to see more goals conceded? All that is showing is that there is a weakness in your defence. Which means soon enough people will be asking for him to blow more money to strengthen it. His logic on some how things work amuses me at times but you can't question the man for what he has done for this club. I still fail to see his knowledge is football when it comes to important decisions because he seems to make a lot of bad choices behind the scenes but I guess that would also be people whispering in his ear.

Again bringing fake news from the SUN???

When will you learn!

Did you even read the article properly, i said ALL BE IT which meant i wasnt really taking it seriously.

But what has been known is Roman's desire for attractive football so he would probally choose 4-3 before 1-0, i was giving a case for 1-0.

next time read the article before flinging the insults thumbsup.gif

Guest justin_3d

Did you even read the article properly, i said ALL BE IT which meant i wasnt really taking it seriously.

But what has been known is Roman's desire for attractive football so he would probally choose 4-3 before 1-0, i was giving a case for 1-0.

next time read the article before flinging the insults thumbsup.gif

Probably??? Probably we buy 50 players this summer?

No, you commenting from an unreliable source results to criticism.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/5157-fabio-coentrao/

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/9813-another-premiership-footballer-has-been-at-it/page__pid__209316#entry209316

I assume your be going/have gone on these 2 articles and slating them aswell because they have both used sources from the sun.

Guest justin_3d

http://forum.talkche...fabio-coentrao/

http://forum.talkche...316#entry209316

I assume your be going/have gone on these 2 articles and slating them aswell because they have both used sources from the sun.

Yes, because when you get into that forum you see in letters:

Links from unreliable sources, such as Goal or Tribalfootball will be deleted from the forum, due to their relative lack of credibility. Quotes from these websites will be removed at the discretion of the moderating team.

Suppose to respect the rules. Don't bring unreliable sources. Simple as that!

1-0 for me. Cech keeping that clean sheet is important too. not matter what besides with cech in goals i dont reckon seeing many 4-3s and with luiz ivanovic Alex terry cole etc in defence we shouldnt be conceding 3 Anyways

if roman wants 4-3 im sure we will see turnbull in

And i didnt see the sun mentioned in that rule in the post above blink.gif

1-0 for me. Cech keeping that clean sheet is important too. not matter what besides with cech in goals i dont reckon seeing many 4-3s and with luiz ivanovic Alex terry cole etc in defence we shouldnt be conceding 3 Anyways

emo3.gif

Yes, because when you get into that forum you see in letters:

Links from unreliable sources, such as Goal or Tribalfootball will be deleted from the forum, due to their relative lack of credibility. Quotes from these websites will be removed at the discretion of the moderating team.

Suppose to respect the rules. Don't bring unreliable sources. Simple as that!

Will look forward to see you criticize the op on both them threads thumbsup.gif

Guest justin_3d

So you are telling me the Sun is not unreliable as them???

And to make it worse, goal.com takes source from everywhere. The worst, and the good. They take if it from the sun, the daily mail and such.

Unreliable source overall.

So you are telling me the Sun is not unreliable as them???

And to make it worse, goal.com takes source from everywhere. The worst, and the good. They take if it from the sun, the daily mail and such.

Unreliable source overall.

No. im just simply saying the sun was not mentioned in the ''unreliable sources rule''. so i dont see it bending the rules somewhat mellow.gif