No Complaints.

Shane

Well guys, Another season, and another Champions League exit. This season has been a disapointing one, But we all can have no complaints about what happened last Wednesday and last night. We were beaten by the better team over the two legs. In Stamford Bridge, we created little, infact, United bossed the game. Last night, For the first 40 minutes there was only one team in it, and that was us, But United were more clinical.

Next season is an important season for us, And Its obvious certain players have to go, and certain players have to come in. Ancelloti must stay, The man has given us stabillity, good signings and the double. I think he was in control of the signings of Ramires and Luiz, and its not easy for someone to give you a world class striker and expect for you to make him fit into the team right away, Thats the reason must signings are done over the summer. If Torres hits form now, Great, If he doesn't, His real Chelsea career starts next season.

Our midfield isn't good enough, and we need more creative, younger players. I'm sorry to say this about one of my childhood hereos but Frank Lampard can't start every game. He isn't the player he was, and he is not the backbone to our team anymore. We need fresh legs in our midfield, and I think a problem this season was that Players like Frank, Malouda and Essien were always certain of starting in a big match, So their form didn't become important.

The rest of the season is a chance to redeem ourselves, Finish the season well and get a solid platform for next season. We are Chelsea, we're not Man United, we're not Barcelona, We're not Man City, so lets not spend the rest of the season comparing ourselves to them, Or comparing Ancelloti to Guardolia or Ferguson.

I'm sure we all hope McEachran will get a chance in the coming weeks, And Borini gets a new contract. Don't forget the Youth team have a great chance of defending there FA Youth Cup.

We'll be back, Bigger, Stronger and more Ruthless.

Keep the blue flag flying high. blue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NO complaints over either leg? 1-1 going into last night would have been a completely different die. 0-1 down was near-on impossible. However, we didn't take our chances. We had so many half chances in comparison to United. And in this level of competition, thats not good enough.

Yes, we've got ourselves to blame. But decisions like last week are so costly against teams like United and at these stages of big competitions. It's just not meant to be.

Well guys, Another season, and another Champions League exit. This season has been a disapointing one, But we all can have no complaints about what happened last Wednesday and last night. We were beaten by the better team over the two legs. In Stamford Bridge, we created little, infact, United bossed the game. Last night, For the first 40 minutes there was only one team in it, and that was us, But United were more clinical.

Next season is an important season for us, And Its obvious certain players have to go, and certain players have to come in. Ancelloti must stay, The man has given us stabillity, good signings and the double. I think he was in control of the signings of Ramires and Luiz, and its not easy for someone to give you a world class striker and expect for you to make him fit into the team right away, Thats the reason must signings are done over the summer. If Torres hits form now, Great, If he doesn't, His real Chelsea career starts next season.

Our midfield isn't good enough, and we need more creative, younger players. I'm sorry to say this about one of my childhood hereos but Frank Lampard can't start every game. He isn't the player he was, and he is not the backbone to our team anymore. We need fresh legs in our midfield, and I think a problem this season was that Players like Frank, Malouda and Essien were always certain of starting in a big match, So their form didn't become important.

The rest of the season is a chance to redeem ourselves, Finish the season well and get a solid platform for next season. We are Chelsea, we're not Man United, we're not Barcelona, We're not Man City, so lets not spend the rest of the season comparing ourselves to them, Or comparing Ancelloti to Guardolia or Ferguson.

I'm sure we all hope McEachran will get a chance in the coming weeks, And Borini gets a new contract. Don't forget the Youth team have a great chance of defending there FA Youth Cup.

We'll be back, Bigger, Stronger and more Ruthless.

Keep the blue flag flying high. blue%20scalf.gif

Absolutely. Happy to see so many people staying away from the doom and gloom talks. Have some rep :D

We were never really in the tie, we created so little in the way of convertable chances. The pen and the sending off just mask our shortcommings. At no stage did we look like we would go through, or even build up enough steam to attempt to. This season has been a disaster and we can only look at ourselves and ask the questions.

Big questions have to be asked for next season because there is a LOT that needs to be put right.

The big question is, has the infamous Chelsea board learnt their lesson?

It's all good us saying, yes this a chance for a new fresh squad (as I've even said), but that's only if the board has recognised this problem. The classic Chelsea model is, fire the manager and carry on with the same old squad.

For the love, of all that's good in life, please pay attention to the real problems Gourlay! I've read a few rumours about Avram Grant replacing Frank Arnesen when he leaves his post, maybe that's not such a bad move. Grant is a very smart man in football, he might not be the best manager, but to have him on the board would be a massive benefit, someone who knows football.

For the love, of all that's good in life, please pay attention to the real problems Gourlay! I've read a few rumours about Avram Grant replacing Frank Arnesen when he leaves his post, maybe that's not such a bad move. Grant is a very smart man in football, he might not be the best manager, but to have him on the board would be a massive benefit, someone who knows football.

Grant knows absolute sweet fuck all about football. He could hardly believe his luck when Mourinho's team took him to within an inch of being a Champions League winning manager.

IMO we shouldn't even have a Sporting Director role. Those important sounding posts are nothing but a means to undermine the manager, eg. Grant-Mourinho. Give the manager full authority without any interferences and then we can properly judge his performance.

IMO we shouldn't even have a Sporting Director role. Those important sounding posts are nothing but a means to undermine the manager, eg. Grant-Mourinho. Give the manager full authority without any interferences and then we can properly judge his performance.

Nah I think that role is quite important. It's not only about the first team but it's about the youth and reserves as well. The scouts report directly to the Sporting Director and they initiate the negotiations along with the chairman. For example Arnesen secured Kakuta's signing, Kalas' signing & even Sturridge maybe?

I don't think it really undermines the manager unless they directly try to interfere with the first team. I've never seen any reports of Arnesen trying to do that with Scolari, Hiddink or Carlo, just like I never saw a report about Grant interfering with Mourinho's squad. Sure Mourinho bitched and threw tantrums, but Grant never tried to change anything.

When I look at our exits over the years, the vast majority of exits have been to either Barcelona or an English club! (Teams in bold went on to win the competition)

2011 - Man United (Agg: 1-3)

2010 - Inter Milan (Agg: 1-3)

2009 - Barcelona (Agg: 1-1)

2008 - Man United (1-1 pens)

2007 - Liverpool (Agg: 1-1 pens)

2006 - Barcelona (Agg: 2-3)

2005 - Liverpool (Agg: 0-1)

2004 - Monaco (Agg: 3-5)

2000 - Barcelona (Agg: 4-6)

I just think to myself, why aren't we good enough against the other Premiership big three in Europe?? I just don't get it

It's all good us saying, yes this a chance for a new fresh squad (as I've even said), but that's only if the board has recognised this problem. The classic Chelsea model is, fire the manager and carry on with the same old squad.

Mourinho wants a return to the Premier League, so why don't we bring him back next summer!?

Edited by CJ Revo

Mourinho wants a return to the Premier League, so why don't we bring him back next summer!?

He'd stay a max, 4 or 5 years. Then what?

He's demonstrated he's not the type to stick around for 10 years or so, that he's not long term like Fergie or Wenger which is something this club is crying out for. Mourinho is a great manager and any club will be lucky to have him, but I don't think he's right for us now. With him you have to buy a list of superstars, a team which will cost over £150million and that's not what our aims should be, especially with financial fair play looming.

Mourinho would build a team and then leave. When he leaves, chaos would occur. We need a young, experienced, long term manager now.

We could have won, but didn't take our chances or really deserve to. It may have been a different story if the second leg was at home - like United have got again against Schalke - but you can't complain about that. OK, we should have got that Ramires penalty in the first leg, but we were poor, simple as.

Pretty bad season...I could've never guessed that this season we would be so bad :(

I won't complain like the title says. If we outplayed United at the Bridge and scored 2-3 goals then we wouldn't care too much for the penalty, but we didn't and that probably cost us the semifinal and final probably. No time to waste, we turn towards PL and try to finish as high as possible.

He'd stay a max, 4 or 5 years. Then what?

He's demonstrated he's not the type to stick around for 10 years or so, that he's not long term like Fergie or Wenger which is something this club is crying out for. Mourinho is a great manager and any club will be lucky to have him, but I don't think he's right for us now. With him you have to buy a list of superstars, a team which will cost over £150million and that's not what our aims should be, especially with financial fair play looming.

Mourinho would build a team and then leave. When he leaves, chaos would occur. We need a young, experienced, long term manager now.

David Moyes? =)