Was Evra's foul on Ramires a penalty?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks LDN Blue, glad someone actually read the article before commenting! I'm not saying it definitely WAS or WASN'T a penalty, I'm still not sure. Guys, the issue isn't whether it was a foul, but WHERE it occurred.

What it does make me even more sure of is that video replays aren't the miracle cure they're made out to be.

It was a foul definitely, but I'm not sure whether it was inside. A foul and a yellow card to Evra should have been given, nevertheless.

You mean red card? He shouldn't be playing tonight.

The funny thing is Evra thinks he got the ball whilst Fergie kept quiet and said it's about time they got decisions against us. Totally ignoring the fact that Torres already should have a goal for us against them in the league game.

WTF???

Evra made the offence inside the box, wrapping his leg around Ramires, clear pen without doubt. Even if the offence had taken place outside then it was still a red card, unfortunately for us it wasn't given - yet again!

Like the fact the writer has used frames instead of real time - not! Who needs video technology for stone wall decisions such as this, oh never mind we now have a fifth official that can ease the refs workload but hang on a minute, somebody give him a kick & wake him up from his hammock! Thanks Pratini you first class numptey.

WTF???

Evra made the offence inside the box, wrapping his leg around Ramires, clear pen without doubt. Even if the offence had taken place outside then it was still a red card, unfortunately for us it wasn't given - yet again!

Like the fact the writer has used frames instead of real time - not! Who needs video technology for stone wall decisions such as this, oh never mind we now have a fifth official that can ease the refs workload but hang on a minute, somebody give him a kick & wake him up from his hammock! Thanks Pratini you first class numptey.

The 5th official is useless, simply because he isn't authorised to communicate with the ref unless the ref himself asks his opinion. What a load of bollocks bolagnaisse as usual from Twatini and Co.

WTF???

Ah the classic 'stone wall' rears its ugly head again. Another bugbear of mine - it makes no sense! Luckily I've got an article on this too - read the part at the end. http://www.footballfarrago.com/2010/09/rant-softball-and-stone-walls.html

Re. the frames - couldn't find a video of it - plus wouldn't you have just watched a video and stopped it at these points anyway? And how is this a blatant penalty anyway, surely you can see from the pictures that it's inches from being inside/outside the box? A blatant foul, maybe (depending on the position of the referee - although that's what the guys behind the goal are for) - but never a blatant penalty.

Ah the classic 'stone wall' rears its ugly head again. Another bugbear of mine - it makes no sense! Luckily I've got an article on this too - read the part at the end. http://www.footballfarrago.com/2010/09/rant-softball-and-stone-walls.html

Re. the frames - couldn't find a video of it - plus wouldn't you have just watched a video and stopped it at these points anyway? And how is this a blatant penalty anyway, surely you can see from the pictures that it's inches from being inside/outside the box? A blatant foul, maybe (depending on the position of the referee - although that's what the guys behind the goal are for) - but never a blatant penalty.

Are you a Man u fan?

Look I didn't need a replay at the time, I didn't need video evidence & I certainly don't need a stealth Utd fan on here questioning that it wasn't a pen. Evra starts to nibble at Ramires outside & then takes him inside the box, how much more evidence do you want FFS?! It's been almost a week & every major pundit & radio commentator has said exactly the same so I can't be that bad a judge? If it wasn't a pen then why didn't the ref give a free kick & send off Evra then?

Ah the classic 'stone wall' rears its ugly head again. Another bugbear of mine - it makes no sense! Luckily I've got an article on this too - read the part at the end. http://www.footballf...tone-walls.html

We need to show good bouncebackability tonight,we're in a good moment,it's a game of 2 halves and you never know anything can happen in football.

I expect Drogs to give their defence trouble he's got good feet for a big man, I think he can score a worldy tonight.