Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what i don't understand..... Why are we buying a player for a position that we are very rich in ? This is a weird transfer and it doesn't make sense. I think they might think that we need a player who will open up that right wing because Oscar comes in field too much ?

but doesn't Willian drift inside a lot too?

That's what I saw when we played Shakhtar.

i just spent the past 45 minutes watching videos of the player and really; MIND-BOGGLING signing if it happens, so hope it's true! We would have a Hazard-quality player on the right flank,

with our existing players it would make an attacking midfield to drool over:

ST

Hazard (Schurrle) Mata (KDB) Willian (SCH/KDB)

Oscar (Lampard) Ramires (Essien)

DEFENCE

Just think of the devestating implications if we add Rooney then to our squad. This signing might effectively mean the end of Mikel and Moses though... Definitely sad for Moses!

:getin: We're going to win the league-league-league leagleagleague :yay:

If Oscar is pushed into the pivot then it might not be such a bad move.

but then what will we do about Moses, Schurrle and KDB?

Make Schurrle a CF?

Probably mean Moses getting forced out, or getting less game time, then it leaves Willian/Hazard and Schrulle for the left wing and Willian/Hazard and KDB for the right.

i just spent the past 45 minutes watching videos of the player and really; MIND-BOGGLING signing if it happens, so hope it's true! We would have a Hazard-quality player on the right flank,

with our existing players it would make an attacking midfield to drool over:

ST

Hazard (Schurrle) Mata (KDB) Willian (SCH/KDB)

Oscar (Lampard) Ramires (Essien)

DEFENCE

Just think of the devestating implications if we add Rooney then to our squad. This signing might effectively mean the end of Mikel and Moses though... Definitely sad for Moses!

:getin: We're going to win the league-league-league leagleagleague :yay:

Really think that midfield would struggle, don't think Oscar can be moved into the pivot, I think he'll continue to play as a central attacking midfielder

We're not going to buy a player for £30 million on a bench warmer. Simple as.

Well, if we buy Willian (which I very much doubt), we would have 4 £23mi+ players for 3 positions...

Anyways, all I want is to not see Mata going to Manure, that would be terrible. I prefer to see Spurs getting Willian than to see Ferguson/Moyes finally getting a trully great CAM!

If we sell Mata and sign this guy, it will have been the biggest mistake we have ever made.

Mata ... Chelsea player of the year in both seasons he has been here, and we're handing him to our biggest title rivals on a plate ... I'll just give you that food for thought!

Jose needs to somehow deny ALL of the above!

If we sell Mata and sign this guy, it will have been the biggest mistake we have ever made.

Mata ... Chelsea player of the year in both seasons he has been here, and we're handing him to our biggest title rivals on a plate ... I'll just give you that food for thought!

Jose needs to somehow deny ALL of the above!

Getting rid of Mata, would be as big a mistake as signing Torres.

You know what will be most hilarious. Is if he does actually go to Spurs, their mong fans will then claim they stole him from us LMAO. When infact he has just done what he should have done yesterday, but trolled them for 24hrs. Hilarious.

On a side note, can't see Mourinho giving too much away today, i even think he may deny it (even though we know he will be lying) and, I would have thought either way WIllian will join us or Spurs today. Thats if the talks were advanced as SSN claim.

Getting rid of Mata, would be as big a mistake as signing Torres.

Come on Nish. As you might know, Jose always made the right decisions, so far.

Therefore, I would trust his judgment if I were you.

We all know, plenty of rumors are flying around & we should wait to see what happens.

My mind says not to buy him, but my hearth wants Willian. Imagine him, Hazard, Oscar and Rooney at our front. A senior DM coming in at the january transfer window, then our squad would be PERFECT! But as good as Willian may be, unloading Mata would be a big mistake.

How many more times are people going to write about Mata leaving for United? The only scenario where it is even remotely possible is where we get Rooney in return, otherwise there is no chance at all that we would sell when they are blocking our every move for Rooney.

So the hypothetical situation is that we either sign Willian and Rooney while loosing Mata, or that we get Willian and say Eto'o while Mata stays. Of course, I am certain that we will not get Rooney regardless.

Since we are talking about Mata, the question is how he will be utilized in the best way. If Mou feels that he doesnt fit in his plans (and that is a BIG if) then it is mutually beneficial that he moves elsewhere as we would need to get a replacement and could use the money, while Mata deserves much better than to sit on the bench. Personally I would hate to see it happen, but sometimes one needs to be pragmatic (ofc, I would only see Mata going abroad, never ever to Utd).
Either way, this talk is premature as Mata joined the pre-season later and have had a minor injury keeping him out, his low involvement is just a natural consequence. We have yet to see any real evidence that he is available to buyers.