Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay.. I belong to the not-so-excited group, but Willian is a great addition and potentially could be one of the best... Whether it's a Jose transfer or not, supporting new players is a job that us fans should always do... Even if we don't like the player, we should support him for a fair amount of time until he fits in 100% and show us everything he can do.

A loan for Moses could make sense but we'll see.

That was some digging up. I was delighted when RDM left by the way.

I know. No hard feelings, man.

Well there were actually reports around the time we played Shakhtar in the CL last season of Chelsea being his favorite team, coupled along with the major excitement he expressed after being signed by us.

he is here because we offered him more money and CL football and not because we are his "dream club" or stuff like that. like he cared about chelsea when he was growing up as a kid.

he is here because we offered him more money and CL football and not because we are his "dream club" or stuff like that. like he cared about chelsea when he was growing up as a kid.

Lol. Believe it or not there are actually fans of Chelsea F.C. Not just Barca and Real. Lukaku said this was his dream club, are you saying he was lying? When I grew up as a kid I cared about Chelsea (still do) and if I was a player it would be the biggest dream to sign for Chelsea, why not Willian?

TBF, it just seem all weird and a bit dodgy that the players we signed these days come out and say how they have been wanting to play for Chelsea, delighted to be here, have been watching our games etc.

He only came for more money at Chelsea lets be honest, he has dreams of playing at the world cup and he chooses to come and sit on the bench?? instead of being a guaranteed starter at Spurs. His a good player but I hope he does not get a work permit because we do not need him IMO his old already so its not like its a future investment. When I say old I dont mean he is too old I mean he is no longer a protege or a potential player like Lamela, Oscar KDB who are all 21 or 22. his either a hit or a miss. In other words his a Juan Mata or a Fernando Torres

He only came for more money at Chelsea lets be honest, he has dreams of playing at the world cup and he chooses to come and sit on the bench?? instead of being a guaranteed starter at Spurs. His a good player but I hope he does not get a work permit because we do not need him IMO his old already so its not like its a future investment

I'm sorry but Willian, OLD?!

He just only recently turned 25 years old on 9th August!

He only came for more money at Chelsea lets be honest, he has dreams of playing at the world cup and he chooses to come and sit on the bench?? instead of being a guaranteed starter at Spurs. His a good player but I hope he does not get a work permit because we do not need him IMO his old already so its not like its a future investment

25 isn't old. Most players don't reach their peak until they are around 27. His best footballing years are still ahead of him.

I'm sorry but Willian, OLD?!

He just only recently turned 25 years old on 9th August!

I meant old as in he is likely to replace Mata or Moses who are both younger. And also this is not a future investment like we did with Van Ginkel

25 isn't old. Most players don't reach their peak until they are around 27. His best footballing years are still ahead of him.

No I meant that his not a future project not old as in 25 years old. I mean he is no longer potential like Lamela who is 21 or Oscar who is 22. Its goin to be a hit or miss transfer either a Juan Mata or a Fernando Torres in other words

Lol. Believe it or not there are actually fans of Chelsea F.C. Not just Barca and Real. Lukaku said this was his dream club, are you saying he was lying? When I grew up as a kid I cared about Chelsea (still do) and if I was a player it would be the biggest dream to sign for Chelsea, why not Willian?

Lukaku is a different story. yeah he is such a big chelsea fan that he nearly joined spurs and he was in talks with liverpool too. its nice to believe in this things but he surely not joined us because we are his "dream club". I nearly never heard of any brazilian who is a chelsea fan since his "childhood". most of brazilian players either want to play for Barca or Madrid or for United and so on. willian is here because of CL Football and more money and not because we are his dream club. we are just a bigger club than Spurs are at the moment, thats why he joined us.

ps: he wanted the move because of AVB and we because we offered him EPL Football and CL football. he didnt really care about our club. it was the opportunity to play for a great league. he aint no luke shaw or lukaku.

its not meant to be a diss towards the player. i do think he will give 100% for our club but this "dream club" talk is just bs.

I meant old as in he is likely to replace Mata or Moses who are both younger. And also this is not a future investment like we did with Van Ginkel

Willian isn't older than Mata. They were born in the same year, but Mata at an earlier month

No I meant that his not a future project not old as in 25 years old. I mean he is no longer potential like Lamela who is 21 or Oscar who is 22. Its goin to be a hit or miss transfer either a Juan Mata or a Fernando Torres in other words

How can you prove that? Players progress and peak ate different rates. A prime example being Didier Drogba who signed for Chelsea at 26 and went on to improve and play the best football of his career at the club

Erm, Mata is actually 25 years old as well. In fact, he's 4 months older than Willian. As for Moses, yes he is younger but then getting Willian is probably an upgrade on him.

And how is purchasing a 25-year old player not a future investment? We can probably at least get 5-6 good years out of him and investing in the players for the future doesn't mean we do it only by getting U23 players.