Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what, people are supposed to be happy with a signing that doesn't make sense in their opinion? Why should we be happy about spanking out £30m on a player we don't need?

Doesnt make sense? to who? You,the championship manager brigade on here? Jose Mourinho has approved this,1 of the greatest managers about has determined we need this fella so it makes sense to him and thus it does make sense

Willian is an attacking midfielder.

Anyway I dont feel WIllian brings anything we already dont have. Sure hes a good player and it gives us more options but still, Moses who had an excellent pre-season wasn't in the squad vs Hull or VIlla so who else comes of the bench for Willian, Demba Ba? Lukaku? Schurrle? De Bruyne? Lampard? We only had 1 defender on the bench vs Hull too so its really really really stupid to get another attacking midfielder for a big price where they will need to be in the match squad every week.

I'm not sure...i think he works in the 4-3-3 system

Man City look like favourites for the league this season. Why? They have top quality players in every position and in depth. They have 4 or so strikers who would be undisputed #1 strikers for the majority of the other clubs in the world. Man City's strength is scoring goals, so they focus on goalscorers. Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

How did that turn out? Tevez with shirts burned and Balotelli almost beating Mancini? Dezko threatening to leave?

Negredo is a bench player and didnt cost City 32mil and Jovetic is a young promissing player who knows he will have to fight for position. Not slightly the same thing with Chelsea!

How did Juventus go about winning Serie A last season? By having the best defence record in the league, players being: Chiellini, Cáceres, Barzagli, Bonucci, Marrone.

Juve's strength is their defence and thus they've kept it packed with players to ensure injuries etc. won't be too costly.

Last time I learned how to count, that is 5 players for 3 spots. With none of them on 150k/week nor with stagerring transfers fees. Plus, Marrone is just a rotational dude...

Now a team who use the exact same formation as us and are best to compare to, favourites for the league this season, Bayern Munich: Thiago, Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Muller, Kroos. That's 7.

Ask Shaqiri how he is feeling. Wait 6 months for one of Gotze, Muller or Robben to start complaining to the media about playing time. And lets see for how much time Bayern's financial stability will last with all thoses big players in their wage bill.

You play to your strengths. Our strengths are mainly in retaining the ball and making a lot of passes in the opposition's box area (roughly). As it's our main strength, we must make sure that the players responsible for this strength are properly covered and up to scratch.

Exactly!

And that is why we already have Hazard, Oscar, Mata, KDB, Shurrle and Moses...

Moses did a lot this pre-season, but half as much last season. We shouldn't pass up signing a should-be-superstar just because "Moses is a fine squad player". You don't win titles with a "fine" squad. You win titles with an exceptional squad.

Manure disagrees, Dortmund disagrees, Valencia disagrees, etc, etc, etc...

Willian is a better player than Moses. So why not sign him?

Because he is a luxury we dont really need!

Real life doesnt work like that, it is not FIFA or Football Manager where everything gets solved in the bush of a button...

Don't be scared of depth :ph34r:

????

Man City look like favourites for the league this season. Why? They have top quality players in every position and in depth. They have 4 or so strikers who would be undisputed #1 strikers for the majority of the other clubs in the world. Man City's strength is scoring goals, so they focus on goalscorers. Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo.

How did that turn out? Tevez with shirts burned and Balotelli almost beating Mancini? Dezko threatening to leave?

Negredo is a bench player and didnt cost City 32mil and Jovetic is a young promissing player who knows he will have to fight for position. Not slightly the same thing with Chelsea!

How did Juventus go about winning Serie A last season? By having the best defence record in the league, players being: Chiellini, Cáceres, Barzagli, Bonucci, Marrone.

Juve's strength is their defence and thus they've kept it packed with players to ensure injuries etc. won't be too costly.

Last time I learned how to count, that is 5 players for 3 spots. With none of them on 150k/week nor with stagerring transfers fees. Plus, Marrone is just a rotational dude...

Now a team who use the exact same formation as us and are best to compare to, favourites for the league this season, Bayern Munich: Thiago, Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Muller, Kroos. That's 7.

Ask Shaqiri how he is feeling. Wait 6 months for one of Gotze, Muller or Robben to start complaining to the media about playing time. And lets see for how much time Bayern's financial stability will last with all thoses big players in their wage bill.

You play to your strengths. Our strengths are mainly in retaining the ball and making a lot of passes in the opposition's box area (roughly). As it's our main strength, we must make sure that the players responsible for this strength are properly covered and up to scratch.

Exactly!

And that is why we already have Hazard, Oscar, Mata, KDB, Shurrle and Moses...

Moses did a lot this pre-season, but half as much last season. We shouldn't pass up signing a should-be-superstar just because "Moses is a fine squad player". You don't win titles with a "fine" squad. You win titles with an exceptional squad.

Manure disagrees, Dortmund disagrees, Valencia disagrees, etc, etc, etc...

Willian is a better player than Moses. So why not sign him?

Because he is a luxury we dont really need!

Real life doesnt work like that, it is not FIFA or Football Manager where everything gets solved in the bush of a button...

Don't be scared of depth :ph34r:

????

Willian: Chelsea set to sign Tottenham target for £30mBy David Ornstein BBC Sport

Chelsea have agreed a £30m deal to sign attacking midfielder Willian from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala, subject to a work permit hearing.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was close to joining Tottenham after having a medical on Wednesday.

But it is understood Chelsea made their move at around 18:00 BST on Thursday, with a fee and personal terms agreed within 24 hours.

Willian will have a medical before his work permit hearing next week.

Willian: Chelsea set to sign Tottenham target for £30mBy David Ornstein BBC Sport

Chelsea have agreed a £30m deal to sign attacking midfielder Willian from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala, subject to a work permit hearing.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was close to joining Tottenham after having a medical on Wednesday.

But it is understood Chelsea made their move at around 18:00 BST on Thursday, with a fee and personal terms agreed within 24 hours.

Willian will have a medical before his work permit hearing next week.

So from now on it mostly could be MaZaWil?

As much as I'm not as hyped up about Willian signing for us there is a little part of me that can't help but think Witsel would have been the ideal present from Roman to buy of his Russian friends instead of Willian.

It has nothing about strength. It is more about fixing their weakness. City problem last year was scoring that is why they buy attacking player.

For us, we only need one more attacking player and that is Schurlle. Assuming we really get Willian. We will have 7 players competing for three spot. Before everyone say Oscar can play pivot. We have 5 cm/DM competing for 2 spots in pivot already.

As much as I'm not as hyped up about Willian signing for us there is a little part of me that can't help but think Witsel would have been the ideal present from Roman to buy of his Russian friends instead of Willian.

Yeah, we should have adressed the priorities before playing hijacking games with Spurs!

Cole and JT are not the same, so there is an argument for the need of both a LB and a CB. Lampard is not the same and Mikel is Mikel, so a DM/CM in the likes of Witsel and Fernandinho are a must. On top of that, Lukaku/Ba/Torres are not the ideal trio for a club like Chelsea...

The only place we didnt need to make changes is the one we are spending almost 50mi on (Williand and Schurrle!

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I have that Joker smile on my face ever since the news broke. Willian is awesome as a player and as a character (plus the fact he is Brazilian). It is just that we should focus on bigger and more important priorities atm.

Would've worked out best for us

Yeah, we should have adressed the priorities before playing hijacking games with Spurs!

Cole and JT are not the same, so there is an argument for the need of both a LB and a CB. Lampard is not the same and Mikel is Mikel, so a DM/CM in the likes of Witsel and Fernandinho are a must. On top of that, Lukaku/Ba/Torres are not the ideal trio for a club like Chelsea...

The only place we didnt need to make changes is the one we are spending almost 50mil on!

For another 10 mil we probably can get lewandowski which is a far make sense signing