Lukaku Or Neymar? The Big debate!

Jose M

Lukaku Or Neymar?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would you rather see at Chelsea in 2012?

• Lukaku?
    • Neymar?
    • Both?

As the next transfer window is slowly approaching, Chelsea could make a swoop for possibly one or both of the best youth strikers in the World! Iv heard alot of debate about how people see Neymar the better option, but in my oppinion with Lukaku we CFC cant go wrong.

Why Lukaku?

• He's a one of a kind footballer!
  • Absolutly Massive!
  • Great touch!
  • Takes on defenders!
  • Amazing in the air!
  • A Chelsea fan thru and thru!
  • Drogba is his Idol!
  • He's spoken to Drogba over the phone!
  • He scores a Shit load of goals!
  • Very intelligent!
  • Loads of Charisma!
  • Has been linked with CFC for ages!

Anyways dont get me wrong Neymar is awsome but I would prefer if Roman invested in Lukaku. In my oppinion We'll get them both.

The question is who would suit first the Prem then CFC better??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but this speculation drives me insane ...will wait till THIS season is over

Ha, yeah. It can be annoying and drive you mad. So you are better off trying to not to think to much about it and just going with the flow. What will be will be, and all that.

But to answer your question Jose, this year I'd prefer Neymar. If I had the overall choice between them I'd choose Lukaku. You've highlighted the main reasons. He'd be the safe bet as you can't imagine him having trouble settling in the Premier League, but you could with Sir Neymar.

But anywar with Torres and Drogba he won't have a place in the team this season and over the next season or two. Neymar can make an immediate impact as you he can play on the wings. Malouda has done fairly poorly this season and I see him as his long-term replacement.

Ha, yeah. It can be annoying and drive you mad. So you are better off trying to not to think to much about it and just going with the flow. What will be will be, and all that.

But to answer your question Jose, this year I'd prefer Neymar. If I had the overall choice between them I'd choose Lukaku. You've highlighted the main reasons. He'd be the safe bet as you can't imagine him having trouble settling in the Premier League, but you could with Sir Neymar.

But anywar with Torres and Drogba he won't have a place in the team this season and over the next season or two. Neymar can make an immediate impact as you he can play on the wings. Malouda has done fairly poorly this season and I see him as his long-term replacement.

Thanks for a posotive reply Elliot. Whats even more annoying than specualtion is when num nuts that think a Forum is purely for Fact, get all snotty about some-one doing somthing as innocent as start a topic for discussion. Fuck sakes give a bloke a break!

Both are teenagers so depsite their obvious talent asking them to walk into the Premier League and hit the ground running would be a huge ask either way.

I honestly can't see why we cant get both, remember we found out to our cost earlier this season that these days its a squad game and being over-reliant on too many players will cost us. In a couple of years Drogba, Anelka and Malouda will mroe than likely be gone (im near certain atleast 2 of them will be) thats where they can come into their own.

Neymar, Torres, Lukaku and Sturridge, the options and variety there.

Thats my view but as zolayes said we might aswell wait till the summer or it will drive us all insane thinking about it, there be no football of any note in the summer so then were have plenty of free time, lets just enjoy our football till may smiliecap1.gif

This is a discussion in Neymar transfer thread, and it has somehow managed to get it's own as well as adding up in Lukaku's.

I firmly believe we shouldn't believe the hype of either transfers to much, and take it one at a time. In my personal opion our transfer targets should be:

1. Sanchez - we need a proper right winger, and he could be it.

2. Hamsik/Pastore - We really need another attacking minded midfeilder that has some kind of freshness, obviously due to the fact that Frank isn't getting any younger and McEarhan isn't ready YET to step up straight away to the first team.

3. Van der Wiel (IF Bosingwa is sold) - If Bosingwa is sold, he would be the perfect replacement, Quick, skillful and is still under 25! With Bruma looking like he isn't best at RB, i would buy him straight up then we would have choices: Luiz - Ferreria - Van der Wiel - nice looking choices in IMO.

4. Neymar/Lukaku - In reality, we need to buy one or the other or not at all. Neymar has the potential to be a big world class player and has already been linked with some big teams, and with the option of him playing on the wing, it adds a dynamic that we could use tactically. He would be the first type of winger that we could use to expose the right/left back of the opposition with actual skills, i think the last type was Robben. But, equally can be said about Lukaku - strong, determined, and can finish. He is younger, therefore he can have more time to develop with the style of play. But, with both Torres and Sturridge, both of whom would be looking to be the future of the front line, possibly together, they aren't MUST buys. It is down to whether or not what does Carlo/Roman want to do with the team.

Personally, i would just wait till summer before assumptions can be made. But i would say one thing - our transfers hang onto what we achieve and whom is still here at the end of the summer. I would love us to go for Phil Jones - English, young and is a JT-esque player - but we already have so many defensive options IF Bruma is going to accounted to be joining the first team next season, then i would be doubtful of his signature.

Why we need Lukaku if we have Torres, he is target man, we need winger ! Neymar ! Best young player, and i think next best player in the world.

Because in five years time, Lukau will be 23 and Torres would be 33. Maybe a simple buy and loan back.

If Drogba and Anelka leave and Kalou is sold (unlikely since Carlo likes him) then our attack for next season would be:

Sturridge -- Torres -- Borini (if kept) -- Mitrovic (:whistling:)

But add someone:

Sturridge -- Torres -- Lukaku/Neymar

We then have a two deadly finishers (Sturridge and Lukaku), two target men (Torres and Lukaku), two skillful attackers (Sturridge and Neymar). We could develop a deadly varient of attacking style to the team, imo.

Jay Bothroyd? XD

I'm for both of them, but that will cost us a shitload of money. I kinda like Neymar more because he can also play on both wings, and with Torres and Sturridge we are alright for a few years.

I'd also like Aguero here more then these two, because it is the right moment for him to move from Atletico, and Torres Aguero partnership would be...:halo:

Besides, they are very young, and the amount of pressure they would have would be very high.

Still, all this hasn't stopped me from buying both Neymar and Lukaku along with Sanchez on my FM11 save :eyebrows:

But screw it all, I want to focus on our following matches and our quest for the CL rather then empty transfer speculation. I'll leave that for the summer.